By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Santorum will unmarry all gay couples if he's elected

He shouldn't even have the power to "unmarry" people, nobody in the government should.

I don't see what the problem would be by having two separate recognitions of a partnership. The government should recognise civil unions only, religions should recognise marriages only.

If you want to be recognised as a couple by the government, have a civil union; if you want to be recognised as a couple by your church, have a civil union and get married. That's as easy as you like.

Then it's up to the churches themselves to say whether they recognise a homosexual marriage or not.

Ron Paul sounds like he has the right idea on this one.

Around the Network
osamanobama said:
z101 said:
osamanobama said:

but its in nature... so its natural.

dont be a cannibalphobe.

"pedophilia" also happens in nature, so if anyone tells you its weird, or not normal, they are wrong!

You don't seem to recognize the difference between the situation when two persons love each other and when a grown up abuse a child?

Rape, Murder and Pedophilia harm a person.

When a man or woman is homosexual it doesn't harm any other person. When a man or woman is black that doesn't harm any other person. When a man or woman has brown hair it doesn't harm any other person.

who said anything about abuse, pedophilia can easily happen between 2 consenting people.

im strictly talking about things a natural and normal because they happen in nature. many people seem to be getting mixed up here

it cant because a 10 or 11 yo does not have the capaciity to understand adult sexual situations or legal authorty to give consent.

look.  its ok for you to feel that way about them.  you cant help that you are attacted to them, and you have my sympathies...im sure its not easy for you.   but a child CANNOT consent.   if you still really feel they can, or come to a point where you think a child will "consent" with you please immediately seek out the help of a professional.  rape is rape, regardless of who or what you are attracted to. 

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
osamanobama said:
z101 said:
osamanobama said:

dont be a cannibalphobe.

"pedophilia" also happens in nature, so if anyone tells you its weird, or not normal, they are wrong!

You don't seem to recognize the difference between the situation when two persons love each other and when a grown up abuse a child?

When a man or woman is homosexual it doesn't harm any other person. When a man or woman is black that doesn't harm any other person. When a man or woman has brown hair it doesn't harm any other person.

who said anything about abuse, pedophilia can easily happen between 2 consenting people.

im strictly talking about things a natural and normal because they happen in nature. many people seem to be getting mixed up here

it cant because a 10 or 11 yo does not have the capaciity to understand adult sexual situations or legal authorty to give consent.

look.  its ok for you to feel that way about them.  you cant help that you are attacted to them, and you have my sympathies...im sure its not easy for you.   but a child CANNOT consent.   if you still really feel they can, or come to a point where you think a child will "consent" with you please immediately seek out the help of a professional.  rape is rape, regardless of who or what you are attracted to. 

and who said anything about 10 or 11 year olds.

what about 15, 16,17 year olds. who are you to be the judge of when someone can consent or not? Who are you to decide on the arbitrary year of 18, some people may not be able to consent by then, others many years before. who are we to get in the way of love?

osamanobama said:
MrBubbles said:
osamanobama said:
z101 said:
osamanobama said:

dont be a cannibalphobe.

what about 15, 16,17 year olds. who are you to be the judge of when someone can consent or not? Who are you to decide on the arbitrary year of 18, some people may not be able to consent by then, others many years before. who are we to get in the way of love?

A: Please at least try to inform yourself. Peodphilia DOES NOT involve those who have reached the onset of puberty. What is the excuse for such ignorance for a person with an Internet connection? It took me less than fifteen seconds to find that information!

B: Your opinions and conduct simply disgust me, I am truly sickened by people like you. This is my final reply to you osamanobama, you are not worth my time.

osamanobama said:
MrBubbles said:
osamanobama said:
z101 said:
osamanobama said:

dont be a cannibalphobe.

given that you were discussing pedophilia, and thus and attraction towards prepubescent children...i selected an age at which most people will start to develop.

i will indulge a bit and speak to your other point, even though you just want to pull attention from your attractions.  the area i live has age of consent laws for 16.  i support that as an appropriate age when individuals should have developed enough sexually to be able to give consent.   

children cannot consent with you.  dont be ashamed of seeking help.  you are not a criminal unless you force yourself on a child.  you are not a monster and you can work through it.  We are all God's children, even you.  God bless

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network
RavenXtra said:
Andrespetmonkey said:

He's actually not doing too badly at all politcally

Which is pretty frightening to me, honestly. He is so backward in his views, it's funny to laugh at him, but scary when you think that there's tons of people out there that support him.

He was cheered for saying that Obama is a snob for wanting your kids to strive for higher education. Ron Paul was cheered for saying young adults should be left to die for not having health insurance.

I'm surprised people still don't know much about Santorum. He said he would do this as president last year around August and it was in the news. I see some of you commenting on how you are not following the news, if there is a time to do so, it is now when your country might elect a facist.

RE: The whole "nature" thing -

A lot of things occur in nature, it's for us to categorise what behaviours are and aren't acceptable. You have to assess an activity by the damage or benefit it potentially causes for other. For the most part humans (or animals in general) have a rough idea of what's benefical inbuilt (whether you believe this comes from evolution, god or other).

I think there are three rough categories.

Bad - Murder is an activity that may happen in nature, but generally it is bad for the population and so it is not seen as acceptable.

Good - Charitable activities also happens in nature and they are beneficial, so we tend to accept and promote these.

Irrelevant - Certain behaviours, good or bad, shouldn't really provoke a strong response because they don't affect anyone else directly.

Homosexuality should be in that last category. In an ideal world it shouldn't really warrant a strong response from other people because it doesn't particularly have positive or negative effects for them. It's like getting angry at someone because they like apples and you don't, it's silly.

So, I don't think saying "murder is also natural" is a good argument at all, because it's not that simple.

Man these politicians are always trying to one up each other in quest for cuckooness.

Green_sky for president. I for one will ban marriage for straight people and only allow homosexual marriages. Straight people have the worst worst record in marriages. With the idiots like Kim K and britney spears. I know they are not representative of the entire populace but still. Heteros just don't appreciate marriages anymore.

bouzane said:
osamanobama said:
MrBubbles said:
osamanobama said:
z101 said:
osamanobama said:

dont be a cannibalphobe.

A: Please at least try to inform yourself. Peodphilia DOES NOT involve those who have reached the onset of puberty. What is the excuse for such ignorance for a person with an Internet connection? It took me less than fifteen seconds to find that information!

B: Your opinions and conduct simply disgust me, I am truly sickened by people like you. This is my final reply to you osamanobama, you are not worth my time.

A. though the definition i got from looking up pedophilia is an adult who is attracted to children, i will conceed for sake of argument that having sex with a 13 year old isnt pedophilia. by your own words and standards i led to believe you are in full support of a 40 year old male (or female) to have sex with a 13 year old male (or female), warrented both parties consent. especially if they love each other.

B. your opinions and conduct simply disgust me, I am truly sickened by people like you. you are a pedophobe. I will continue to reply to those i feel like.

I don't think people who choose that lifestyle should be able to get married anyway.

I don't agree with unmarrything the ones already married though because they have already spent their money.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st