By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442

well, if it's super duper true it's just gotta be true!!!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Is this the Megaton announcement promised to us in days of yore?

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

JEMC said:

I haven't seen it posted so... A new download game has been announced for WiiU:  

Cloudberry Kingdom

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/05/cloudberry_kingdom_will_be_wii_us_most_difficult_download_game

You've gotta be kidding me! That's insane!

Wait, WHAT...?!

Lol, nobody's going to be able to play that on any of the high difficulties...

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Metallicube said:
I can't imagine Nintendo being naive enough to not make the Wii U compatible with Unreal 4. Think they've learned from their mistakes with the Wii as far as alienating third parties. I still contend that the console could have sold PS2 like numbers if only third parties could have ported games over to it more easilly instead of allocating separate development teams to handle its games.

More like the third parties stubbornness. Still taking into account Nintendo's Wii U direction, they need to future proof the console, and having basic Unreal 4 support is good enough.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I just can't wait anymore.  23 days left!

I can't wait to finally see real Wii U footage.  The final console design.  The game boxes.  The console's feature.  New games announcements.  New trailers.  Reggie's body.  Iwata's hair.  HD Nintendo content.  Not unveiled Wii U technologies.  Wii U accessories.  Wii U logo everywhere.  Pikmin 3.  Amazing announcements.  Unreal Engine 4 support.  A Nintendo console plugged to a TV via HDMI.  Nintendo babes.  3DS announcements.  Luigi's Mansion 2.  Monster Hunter 4.  New Super Mario Bros 2.  Heroes of Ruin.

I just can't wait anymore.  I'm so happy there's this thread where I can see every bit of information there is.

Around the Network

Watching the upper difficulties of Cloudberry Kingdom appear to have hurt some part of my soul.

I'm going to play Bejeweled on my cell phone for a while.

A chip that runs the Unreal Engine 4 engine properly (not just barely) along with that expensive controller is going to be hard for Nintendo to sell at $299.99, if not impossible unless they are willing to take a loss on the hardware. Which I doubt they are willing to do. The 3DS was  one-time bailout, it's not something Nintendo is going to get in the habit of.

Throw an expansion slot on the bottom of the system (the NES, SNES, GCN all had one) which allows for a new processor to be added later (Crossfire style, AMD knows all about this).

Then come 2014 when devs are actually making games on the UE4, a 2.5 TFLOP processor on a 28nm manufacturing process will be easy to Nintendo to obtain for $60-$70 cost and will run cool and power efficent. Bundle it with a game or demo for $89.99 and voila -- future proof console.

Same concept as Wii Motion Plus ... Nintendo wanted that tech in the Wiimote from the start, but it was too expensive when the Wii launched.

It's not perfect, but you're not getting a chip that can run the UE4 engine properly (who cares if it can just barely run it with major compromises ... everyone then is going to buy the 720/PS4 versions anyway) today in a Wii U.

TomaTito said:
Metallicube said:
I can't imagine Nintendo being naive enough to not make the Wii U compatible with Unreal 4. Think they've learned from their mistakes with the Wii as far as alienating third parties. I still contend that the console could have sold PS2 like numbers if only third parties could have ported games over to it more easilly instead of allocating separate development teams to handle its games.

More like the third parties stubbornness. Still taking into account Nintendo's Wii U direction, they need to future proof the console, and having basic Unreal 4 support is good enough.

True, I do put some of the blame on third parties for shying from Wii support, but the weak hardware compared to its competitiors certainly didn't help either.

At least with similar hardware, third parties would no longer have an excuse not to develop for a Nintendo platform, although I guess they could revert back to their "waaahhh Nintendo fans don't buy our games, waaaaahhh!"

Gilmour said:

I just can't wait anymore.  23 days left!

I can't wait to finally see real Wii U footage.  The final console design.  The game boxes.  The console's feature.  New games announcements.  New trailers.  Reggie's body.  Iwata's hair.  HD Nintendo content.  Not unveiled Wii U technologies.  Wii U accessories.  Wii U logo everywhere.  Pikmin 3.  Amazing announcements.  Unreal Engine 4 support.  A Nintendo console plugged to a TV via HDMI.  Nintendo babes.  3DS announcements.  Luigi's Mansion 2.  Monster Hunter 4.  New Super Mario Bros 2.  Heroes of Ruin.

I just can't wait anymore.  I'm so happy there's this thread where I can see every bit of information there is.

that makes two of us then

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Soundwave said:

A chip that runs the Unreal Engine 4 engine properly (not just barely) along with that expensive controller is going to be hard for Nintendo to sell at $299.99, if not impossible unless they are willing to take a loss on the hardware. Which I doubt they are willing to do. The 3DS was  one-time bailout, it's not something Nintendo is going to get in the habit of.

The price still has to be confirmed, and last year Iwata himselves said that it wouldn't be cheap. A 350 $/€ console is not out of the question.

Soundwave said:

Throw an expansion slot on the bottom of the system (the NES, SNES, GCN all had one) which allows for a new processor to be added later (Crossfire style, AMD knows all about this). 

Then come 2014 when devs are actually making games on the UE4, a 2.5 TFLOP processor on a 28nm manufacturing process will be easy to Nintendo to obtain for $60-$70 cost and will run cool and power efficent. Bundle it with a game or demo for $89.99 and voila -- future proof console.

Same concept as Wii Motion Plus ... Nintendo wanted that tech in the Wiimote from the start, but it was too expensive when the Wii launched.

It's not perfect, but you're not getting a chip that can run the UE4 engine properly (who cares if it can just barely run it with major compromises ... everyone then is going to buy the 720/PS4 versions anyway) today in a Wii U.

While technically feasible, it has too many drawbacks to make it a good idea.

The most obvious one is that it would split the WiiU market between those that have this extra and those who don't. This happened ijn the past with SEGA and its MEGA32X and the CD add-ons. Or more recently with Microsoft and its Xbox360 with or without HDD. And what happened? Developers didn't used them because its more profitable to develop with all the potential users in mind than doing it for only a fraction of the total.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.