By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Wii U Thread!: Pokemon Rubmle U coming to Wii U

Tagged games:

What old franchise should Nintendo revive first on the Wii U?

Star Fox 220 47.31%

F-Zero 110 23.66%

Wave Race 29 6.24%

Top-Down Zelda 55 11.83%

Show me the results. 28 6.02%

Total:442
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
Roma said:
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
Can't wait for it! This is seriously the first time I have ever been THIS hyped up for a new console. It looks so AWESOME! Thanks for making the thread IAmAwesome.

You are only 13 though, so this really doesn't and can't mean much.

On topic: Nice to see that someone does this, but this type of threads isn't my thing because of the information overload.

HAHA but it is cute
It sounded funny when you pointed it out as he wouldn’t have been in the know when Wii was rumoured and about to get fully revealed

Thanks a lot Roma. -.-

I was 12 when the N64 released in Canada, but before its release I remember being extremely hyped for it, and bought myself a copy of Ultra magazine (a french magazine with all kinds of screenshots about Mario 64, Kirby's Air ride and other announced games). I went to La Ronde and did the lineups a few times to play the soon to be released Mario 64.

Ahhh, the days when we relied on magazines for all of the latest gaming news...

You younger members must realize just how lucky we are to have the internet to get our gaming fix in seconds as opposed to having to wait weeks...

I remember salivating over all of the Super Mario 64 pics as well, HappyD.  Also over SNES and Genesis news back in 1990 in EGM, and even before that, the latest NES news in the "Nintendo Fun Club Newsletter", which preceded Nintendo Power.

Now, gaming magazines like Game Informer have to rely on snagging exclusive premiers as far as news, since the majority of their news is already outdated before the mags hit the stands.

Around the Network

i hope they move the D-pad and buttons closer to the screen in the final version as it will be more comfortable for the thumbs

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

archbrix said:
happydolphin said:
NintendoPie said:
Roma said:
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
Can't wait for it! This is seriously the first time I have ever been THIS hyped up for a new console. It looks so AWESOME! Thanks for making the thread IAmAwesome.

You are only 13 though, so this really doesn't and can't mean much.

On topic: Nice to see that someone does this, but this type of threads isn't my thing because of the information overload.

HAHA but it is cute
It sounded funny when you pointed it out as he wouldn’t have been in the know when Wii was rumoured and about to get fully revealed

Thanks a lot Roma. -.-

I was 12 when the N64 released in Canada, but before its release I remember being extremely hyped for it, and bought myself a copy of Ultra magazine (a french magazine with all kinds of screenshots about Mario 64, Kirby's Air ride and other announced games). I went to La Ronde and did the lineups a few times to play the soon to be released Mario 64.

You younger members must realize just how lucky we are to have the internet to get our gaming fix in seconds as opposed to having to wait weeks...

I remember salivating over all of the Super Mario 64 pics as well, HappyD.  Also over SNES and Genesis news back in 1990 in EGM, and even before that, the latest NES news in the "Nintendo Fun Club Newsletter", which preceded Nintendo Power.

Now, gaming magazines like Game Informer have to rely on snagging exclusive premiers as far as news, since the majority of their news is already outdated before the mags hit the stands.

Thanks for backing me up guys.

Roma said:
i hope they move the D-pad and buttons closer to the screen in the final version as it will be more comfortable for the thumbs

Hopefully the buttons and circle pads will be bigger too, they look a little too small.

I find this thread relevant! Will follow it.

Didn't know GDC was this week. Oh well, lets hope to see something nice ^_^

Around the Network
archbrix said:

You're pretty much exactly the same age as my oldest brother. He's the one who wanted Mario at our house. He said he had played it at the arcades, and wanted to have it at home (I don't know how I remember that). It must've been a hysterical moment or something.

Roma said:

You'd want to see this then, because supposedly that's how the U controller was before...

More pics here

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

happydolphin said:
archbrix said:

You're pretty much exactly the same age as my oldest brother. He's the one who wanted Mario at our house. He said he had played it at the arcades, and wanted to have it at home (I don't know how I remember that). It must've been a hysterical moment or something.

Oh yeah, I remember when I first played Super Mario Bros in the arcade.  I had already played the heck out of the original Mario Bros in the arcade (and Donkey Kong before that), but SMB was definitely the second instance at which video games just completely blew me away with what I was experiencing and what was possible for gaming.  The first was Pac Man in 1980 (I was five), then many arcade games later it was SMB, and then The Legend of Zelda which I bought with my NES (along with SMB) in 1987.

Good times...

I don't believe Nintendo. They should've already released more info this year, its bloody March.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

TomaTito said:
Roma said:

You'd want to see this then, because supposedly that's how the U controller was before...

More pics here

The first one looks really un-comfortable. O_o