By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238

Just recently upgraded my 3DS to an XL, and i'm soo ready for this game

Fennekin is all mine!!

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
Oh ya will be going fire starter like I always do, hopefully the final form of this gen is better than the last two gens.

Blaziken was glorious but didnt like Infernape or Emboar forms.

4get Fenniken, Chespin is the way to go! Pokemon Z i will get Froakie! This gen will finally make me get a starter since gen II

I always start with fire and I won't break it.

I will buying Pokémon Y and will definately choose Chespin first, at the moment he has my second favorite design for a grass starter.

Check out my Upcoming Wii U Games 2014 Thread

3DS Friend Code: 4553 - 9954 - 4854. Name - David

Fennekin for me and I'm totally hyped for the games ...Yeah, they look like they are set in my neighborhood but whatever

There is one thing I'd love you guys help me figure out: When I showed the trailers to my girlfriend (who plays Pokémon and owns a 3DS XL) I totally expected her to say: "Ugh, what's with the (3D) graphics?" because she doesn't like 3D Mario or 3D Zelda and highly prefers 2D games in general. But when she saw it she was like: "Wow! They FINALLY made it look real!" I was totally taken aback Turns out she didn't like the 2D style of Pokémon games past. My theory is: People are not afraid of 3D games in general - they just don't like the ones with complex controls (analog control, lots of buttons, etc.). That would explain why Final Fantasy and Zelda exploded when they went 3D (3D didn't make them more complicated but made them look better to the mass market) and it would point a bright picture for the future of Pokémon games.

So if you have any friends casually playing Pokémon ask them what they think of the art style and the 3D and if they'd buy a 3D Pokémon over a 2D one. I'm really curious about that

Around the Network

Liked the new looks of the OP . Can't wait for Pokemon X/Y, i'm really, really excited for them and I've seen the Trailer at least over a dozen time already xD.

I'm with a lot of people here, i'm going to go and break my Water type starter only tradition (which has been around since Gold/Silver) and choose Fennekin this time around (Froakie just doesn't do it for me).

My main version is probably going to be pokemon Y. Yveltal looks completely amazing and jf it performs as good as it looks, then it can earn a place amongst my top pokemon.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

I would have preferred you made a new thread (since a lot of these posts don't need to be here anymore, and it's no longer cohesive), but I'm glad you're going to keep an official thread updated. =)

Froakie 4 Life.

Excited!

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the trailer:

Like with all Pokemon Gen's we have speculation. Here are a few video's that might boost your hype!

GameXPlain:

Marriland:

IGN: