By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238

I has pie?

Around the Network
wfz said:
I would have preferred you made a new thread (since a lot of these posts don't need to be here anymore, and it's no longer cohesive), but I'm glad you're going to keep an official thread updated. =)

Well, I made this thread for all Pokemon games new and old. That's what the Vita, Wii U, and Nintendo Threads were all about.

Thanks for the compliment though! Will you ever be visiting?

UncleScrooge said:
Fennekin for me and I'm totally hyped for the games ...Yeah, they look like they are set in my neighborhood but whatever

There is one thing I'd love you guys help me figure out: When I showed the trailers to my girlfriend (who plays Pokémon and owns a 3DS XL) I totally expected her to say: "Ugh, what's with the (3D) graphics?" because she doesn't like 3D Mario or 3D Zelda and highly prefers 2D games in general. But when she saw it she was like: "Wow! They FINALLY made it look real!" I was totally taken aback Turns out she didn't like the 2D style of Pokémon games past. My theory is: People are not afraid of 3D games in general - they just don't like the ones with complex controls (analog control, lots of buttons, etc.). That would explain why Final Fantasy and Zelda exploded when they went 3D (3D didn't make them more complicated but made them look better to the mass market) and it would point a bright picture for the future of Pokémon games.

So if you have any friends casually playing Pokémon ask them what they think of the art style and the 3D and if they'd buy a 3D Pokémon over a 2D one. I'm really curious about that

Seems like many people have wanted a new looking Pokemon game for awhile. Most of us Pokemon Fans just dealt with the old style, though, because The Pokemon Co. didn't feel like changing it or whatever they had going through their minds.

Does your GF like the new Pokemon?

NEW! Pokémon Charizard 3DS LL (XL)

For those of you in Japan, they have announced a second chance to get a Charizard 3DS LL. Previously, this console was obtained by putting your name in for a lottery at Pokémon Centres across Japan. However, they have now opened up a new promotion for Pokémon Daisuki Club members. You need to be a member and sales begin on February 9th while stocks last. (Credit to Serebii.net!)

Nintendo has revealed that Pokemon Black & White 2 have sold over 7.5 million units worldwide in an earnings report for their third quarter, which ended on December 31st. Pokemon Black & White 2 was originally released in Japan, June 2012, and then it arrived in the United States and Europe in October 2012. Here’s the total worldwide sales for Pokemon Black & White 2 and other key Nintendo titles.

• NDS | Pokémon Black/White 2 – 7.63 million

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:

Nintendo has revealed that Pokemon Black & White 2 have sold over 7.5 million units worldwide in an earnings report for their third quarter, which ended on December 31st. Pokemon Black & White 2 was originally released in Japan, June 2012, and then it arrived in the United States and Europe in October 2012. Here’s the total worldwide sales for Pokemon Black & White 2 and other key Nintendo titles.

• NDS | Pokémon Black/White 2 – 7.63 million

is that shipped or sales! im so confused!

tbone51 said:

is that shipped or sales! im so confused!

I'm not totally sure to be honest. I'm guessing it's shipped since VGC has it around 1 Million under. (Unless VGC is severely undertracking this game.)

Wow looks like B/W 2 did a lot better than Platinum

Pokémon X & Y - First Details Coming in

The first details from CoroCoro have started to come in and we had a silhouette of a Pokémon from the cover. It's not currently known what this Pokémon is, but it appears to be a quadraped. Full details of the magazine's contents are expected soon which will undoubtedly show this Pokémon Edit @ 03:50: Reports have come in that the Pokémon is to be called Ninfia (ニンフィア). In addition to that, the new movie has got a new title of Extremespeed Genesect and the Reawakening of Mewtwo (神速のゲノセクト ミュウツー覚醒). These are unconfirmed at this time, but come from a trustworthy source.

~Serebii.net

That's one nice looking Pokemon, here's hoping for more info. soon!

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.