By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Official Pokemon Thread! Pokemon X/Y Are Released! - New Poll!

Tagged games:

How Do You Like X/Y So Far?

I really enjoy it! 228 73.79%

It's good. 5 1.62%

Meh. 2 0.65%

Not as good as I thought. 2 0.65%

I really hate it! 1 0.32%

Total:238

Now that's a plushie I would buy for someone I have a crush on and is a PokeFan! XD

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!
Around the Network
lestatdark said:
That's a pretty cool eeveelution, i'm wondering if it's indeed a new type, since they're keeping it so secret (though from the looks of it, it pretty much rules out my Flying and/or Bug type eeveelution prediction ).

It almost looks like Audino colors, doesn't it? Maybe a Normal... Psychic combo? But we already have that...

Do you think it'll be a new type?

NintendoPie said:
lestatdark said:
That's a pretty cool eeveelution, i'm wondering if it's indeed a new type, since they're keeping it so secret (though from the looks of it, it pretty much rules out my Flying and/or Bug type eeveelution prediction ).

It almost looks like Audino colors, doesn't it? Maybe a Normal... Psychic combo? But we already have that...

Do you think it'll be a new type?

I don't think they'll do combos, since eeveelutions usually stick to a single type. It could be a solo Normal eeveelution, as it hasn't been done before, but if that was the case, then it wouldn't make much sense to be so secret about it. 

It has the potential to be a new type, especially if Xerneas gets confirmed as a new type as well. Ninfia would probably be the same tyoe.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Sylveon Gameplay Footage!

Looks like the stereotypical animal companion of a magical girl anime. No mistake about it, and the tricky part is that Eveelutions were always obvious in their appearance.

So going by the name it's either flying... or a new type. Fairy or magic type, I'd say.

Around the Network

I have a prediction about the headline for IGN's review for X/Y. (If the game turns out to be good.)

What?
Pokemon is evolving!

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)

Otakumegane said:
I have a prediction about the headline for IGN's review for X/Y. (If the game turns out to be good.)

What?
Pokemon is evolving!

Depends on the reviewer. Sometimes, IGN will never be pleased.

Details on the upcoming Nintendo 3DS-exclusives Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are scarce, as both of them were announced just last month. Nevertheless, there are plenty of rumors floating around the web suggesting that, when the two games are complete, they will bring significant changes to the series. For example, they are said to introduce a new key item called the ‘Whistle,’ which can supposedly be used once per battle to wake up a Pokémon or snap it out of confusion. Feel free to read numerous rumors on the two games in the list below. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be released worldwide in October.

• Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable
  • Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
  • Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
  • A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
  • A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
  • Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
  • A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
  • The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
  • Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
  • Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
  • The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
  • Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts
  • Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon
  • The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present
  • In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start
  • The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past
  • The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. doesn’t want to see) and new evolutions of current Pokémon
  • Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution
  • There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail
  • Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. does want to see)
  • The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water

dang they are defiantly making some changes this time around

NintendoPie said:

Details on the upcoming Nintendo 3DS-exclusives Pokémon X and Pokémon Y are scarce, as both of them were announced just last month. Nevertheless, there are plenty of rumors floating around the web suggesting that, when the two games are complete, they will bring significant changes to the series. For example, they are said to introduce a new key item called the ‘Whistle,’ which can supposedly be used once per battle to wake up a Pokémon or snap it out of confusion. Feel free to read numerous rumors on the two games in the list below. Pokémon X and Pokémon Y will be released worldwide in October.

• Main characters are Jean and Jane; names are non-customizable
  • Trainer now appears in the bottom screen during battle, with a speech bubble interface holding the trainer commands inside
  • Trainers now have their own leveling system that affects how in-game NPCs react to you and grants various bonuses such as increasing capture rate and the rarity of Pokémon encountered
  • A new key item called the Whistle can be used once per battle with differing effects, such as waking up a Pokémon or snapping it out of confusion.
  • A bond level replaces the happiness meter from past games; higher bond levels grant bonuses such as experience or stat gain for Pokémon
  • Bond level bonuses and the whistle feature can be turned off in PvP matches for the benefit of competitive play
  • A new item called the Bond-EYE that resembles a pair of sunglasses allows players to view the nature of wild Pokémon and their capture rate
  • The Bond-EYE also allows players to see visual avatars of other players and send them messages or trade and battle requests; this feature, akin to the Miiverse function in Nintendo Land, will be the first of its kind on the 3DS
  • Wireless co-op is now possible, with one player being the leader and the other aiding in battle
  • Players not able to play cooperatively will be allowed to request aid from NPC trainers in their adventures via a juice bar located in every town
  • The PokéDex resembles a tablet with a 3D display that allows players to view Pokémon models, read full paragraph descriptions of them, hear their cries, view their locations, compare their sizes and weights with others, and read comments made by other trainers around the world about them
  • Excess money can be stored in banks that grant interest and special gifts upon depositing certain amounts
  • Using a special wristwatch device, players can travel 30 years into the past which features different characters, younger versions of current characters, different layouts, and different wild Pokémon (again bout DNA)
  • The rival faction is Team Gear whose members wear purple bodysuits with black clock hands on them; they mess with events in the past that affect the present (Unlikely, it will clearly be about DNA)
  • In one part of the game, you must catch a Munchlax in the past to clear the road of a Snorlax in the future, suggesting that past generations of Pokémon will be available from the start
  • The professor is Professor Bristle and the rival is Ricki, a magazine writer who documents the strange events occurring in the past
  • The new generation consists of 99 new Pokémon, many of them baby Pokémon (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. doesn’t want to see) and new evolutions of current Pokémon
  • Sylveon is a Normal Pokémon that evolves based on the new bond level; it is the only new Eeveelution
  • There will be a total of six legendary Pokémon that include Xerneas (Psychic/Rock) and Yveltal (Ghost/Flying) along with four black and white Pokémon based on card suits: a cobra with a heart-shaped hood and tail, a tiger with diamond patterns, a t-rex with spade-shaped eyes, and a peacock with a club-shaped tail
  • Most of the brand new Pokémon will be new type combinations such as Fire/Ice and Dark/Electric (something Leviathyn writer Ray G. does want to see)
  • The types of the final evolutions of the starter Pokémon will be Grass/Flying, Fire/Psychic, and Water

Key: Like the bolded, don't like the italic, mixed about underlined.

I know these are rumors and all, but the time travel thing has been done for too long.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/profile/92109/nintendopie/ Nintendopie  Was obviously right and I was obviously wrong. I will forever be a lesser being than them. (6/16/13)