By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

Hey guys I have a Question, I am not sure if its allready answered I don´t want to read the older posts cause I wanna avoid all kinds of Spoilers.

My Question is, will it work if I copy the save file from my Notebook to my PC, I´ve finished the first two parts on my Laptop but I have a preety good PC now so I´d like to play it on my PC as well.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

Hey guys I have a Question, I am not sure if its allready answered I don´t want to read the older posts cause I wanna avoid all kinds of Spoilers.

My Question is, will it work if I copy the save file from my Notebook to my PC, I´ve finished the first two parts on my Laptop but I have a preety good PC now so I´d like to play it on my PC as well.

I don't see why it shouldn't work. I had my ME1 saves on my previous laptop and after importing them to this newer one, they still worked flawlessly and I could import them without any problems to ME2. Don't think there should be a problem with ME3.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

AndrewWK said:

I had a bit of an issue. There didn't seem to be a save-game importer like ME2 had (I could be wrong) It seemed to detect active careers that were in ME2.

I re-installed my computer. so I had to install ME2 again. I had to load the old save file in ME2, and do a new save so ME3 would see that as an active ME2 career.

Maybe there's a better way. Or I just got confused but that's what happened to me.
But there is a way to copy save files. Because I did it.

It´s just because i read that XBOX players had some issuses with importing there save files from there cloud. I hope there are no such problems with the PC Version.

After being linked to some funny shit from this game, I want to post some funny shit.

Can someone link me to a spoiler thread? There's a spoiler thread for this, right? BioWare have been really lazy with this game, it's quite hilarious.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
After being linked to some funny shit from this game, I want to post some funny shit.

Can someone link me to a spoiler thread? There's a spoiler thread for this, right? BioWare have been really lazy with this game, it's quite hilarious.

Methinks you'll have to create it.

Anyhow, picked up the game today. It's installing as we speak. At the current rate, it'll keep installing for a while. Not really liking the requirement for Origin right now...

Funny story. I couldn't find the game at Fry's, despite the tiny PC RPG section. Turns out they'd stocked it with the shooters. Good times. I also have to express my disgust at the included manual. Can we even call it that? I know most developers don't bother, but damn I miss the good old days where the manual was thick and awesome and basically just a paper appetizer for a digital feast.

Edit: And now the peice of crap won't let me create an account. Seriously thinking of just returning this game now.

Carl2291 said:

I. Have. A. Lot. To. Show. You. 

Spoiler thread possibly?

Carl2291 said:

If you don't mind me asking, how have they been lazy with ME3?

Ill come back to this thread and spoiler tag some stuff for you when I get onto a computer, yo_john.

Carl2291 said:
Ill come back to this thread and spoiler tag some stuff for you when I get onto a computer, yo_john.

I don't want to see any spoilers, I just want to know why they are lazy without really going into spoilers.