By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Carl2291 said:
After being linked to some funny shit from this game, I want to post some funny shit.

Can someone link me to a spoiler thread? There's a spoiler thread for this, right? BioWare have been really lazy with this game, it's quite hilarious.

If you don't mind me asking, how have they been lazy with ME3?

Massive spoilers, yo. 

There are probably more, but this is what I could come up with for now. 

Now tell me how they have been lazy with ME3 without using spoilers. Because I've been playing for 15 hours and I don't see it.

Nah, not going to, my spoilers will be all the more fun after you recognize some of them youreself, and in some cases, when you only realize after wards. Also, I'm adding a bit more to them. Also, at 15 hours, do you want to know how far you are into the game? Because I know. (That's assuming you're being a completionist.)

Don't worry I'll spoiler it for everyone else. 

I am a completionist...so how far into the game am I?

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:

Well I guess I'll find out when I beat the game in the next week or two if they were actually lazy or not.

As long as when you have beaten it, you actually look at those spoiler tags.

You can't just beat it and say "Oh, well, that wasn't lazy". You need to realise why it's lazy. You need to look at those said spoilers.

They're amusing.

yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Carl2291 said:
After being linked to some funny shit from this game, I want to post some funny shit.

Can someone link me to a spoiler thread? There's a spoiler thread for this, right? BioWare have been really lazy with this game, it's quite hilarious.

If you don't mind me asking, how have they been lazy with ME3?

Massive spoilers, yo. 

There are probably more, but this is what I could come up with for now. 

Now tell me how they have been lazy with ME3 without using spoilers. Because I've been playing for 15 hours and I don't see it.

Nah, not going to, my spoilers will be all the more fun after you recognize some of them youreself, and in some cases, when you only realize after wards. Also, I'm adding a bit more to them. Also, at 15 hours, do you want to know how far you are into the game? Because I know. (That's assuming you're being a completionist.)

Half way. Jeff Gerstmann from giantbomb said it took him around 30 hours on a completionst play through. He then talked to an EA employee who, looking at his EMS, said his play through was pretty much 100% completion. 

NotStan said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
Yeah...fuck Origin. I can't play the fucking game until midnight tonight? WTF is up with that???

Really I am allready playing since monday, and my cousin since yesterday

Whenever I boot the game, it goes through a "release date validation" process and then fails saying that it will only unlock at 9th March at 00:00.

I gave up trying and I'm going to wait till then to see if it unlocks. I'm pretty pissed at it.

Good news, it's been 5 minutes since you could play it!

Just came back from trying it again. It worked and I had no trouble importing my ME2 male shepard (same facial features and everything except the hair, which was a custom hair modified with some mod textures and gibbed save editor, so I was expecting a change there). Didn't try it with my femshep, but since I didn't use any custom hair textures for her, I figure she'll be pretty much the same. 

Anyway, I can't play it today anymore since tomorrow I have to be at the lab at 7:00 AM...  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Carl2291 said:
yo_john117 said:

Well I guess I'll find out when I beat the game in the next week or two if they were actually lazy or not.

You can't just beat it and say "Oh, well, that wasn't lazy". You need to realise why it's lazy. You need to look at those said spoilers.

They're amusing.

Is there only 1 town in ME3? Or non-combat town. It seems like theres the citatedal and everything else is a combat zone. Or a really small section before like cerberus invades, and it turns into a combat zone. I'm like 10 hours in... I like this less than 1 or 2. I know you didn't like ME2, did you like this more than it?

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
NotStan said:
lestatdark said:
AndrewWK said:
lestatdark said:
Yeah...fuck Origin. I can't play the fucking game until midnight tonight? WTF is up with that???

Really I am allready playing since monday, and my cousin since yesterday

Whenever I boot the game, it goes through a "release date validation" process and then fails saying that it will only unlock at 9th March at 00:00.

I gave up trying and I'm going to wait till then to see if it unlocks. I'm pretty pissed at it.

Good news, it's been 5 minutes since you could play it!

Just came back from trying it again. It worked and I had no trouble importing my ME2 male shepard (same facial features and everything except the hair, which was a custom hair modified with some mod textures and gibbed save editor, so I was expecting a change there). Didn't try it with my femshep, but since I didn't use any custom hair textures for her, I figure she'll be pretty much the same. 

Anyway, I can't play it today anymore since tomorrow I have to be at the lab at 7:00 AM...  

I know that feeling, my copy comes tomorrow, and I have lectures all day tomorrow till about 6, then going out for a meal afterwards. Someone even had the cheek to ask me to go to a bar with them, on a ME3 release day. Suffice to say, I might pull sick tomorrow.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

ishiki said:

Is there only 1 town in ME3? Or non-combat town. It seems like theres the citatedal and everything else is a combat zone. Or a really small section before like cerberus invades, and it turns into a combat zone. I'm like 10 hours in... I like this less than 1 or 2. I know you didn't like ME2, did you like this more than it?

I've not played it. I got linked to some spoilers, wasn't all that bothered about being spoiled and saw some pretty funny stuff.

I will be playing it though, just to clarify. I will be finishing this trilogy.

Carl2291 said:
yo_john117 said:

They're amusing.

I may only have two prospective readers, but by god I'm gonna finish out my hate-filled grey monolith.

Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

Half way. Jeff Gerstmann from giantbomb said it took him around 30 hours on a completionst play through. He then talked to an EA employee who, looking at his EMS, said his play through was pretty much 100% completion. 

I highly doubt that. The readiness bar isn't even up to minimum for me yet and I know if you do everything in the game you can max that bar out. Unless I'm reading that bar wrong. What does the grey mean right after the blue?

Also I have a friend who has 30 hours in the game and he isn't even close to finishing it (and he was purposely trying to beat the game) Whatever reviewers say the length of a game is, I add another 50-100% on to that to get the true length for me. I heard so many people say ME2 was around 40 hours for completion but It took me 65 to reach to do everything.

@Carl: I will look at the spoiler tag once I'm done.

yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:
yo_john117 said:
Sal.Paradise said:

I highly doubt that. The readiness bar isn't even up to minimum for me yet and I know if you do everything in the game you can max that bar out. Unless I'm reading that bar wrong. What does the grey mean right after the blue?

Also I have a friend who has 30 hours in the game and he isn't even close to finishing it (and he was purposely trying to beat the game) Whatever reviewers say the length of a game is, I add another 50-100% on to that to get the true length for me. I heard so many people say ME2 was around 40 hours for completion but It took me 65 to reach to do everything.

Unless the journalist or the EA employee is lying (doesn't sound so crazy to me now I type it out, lol) you'll be finishing the game when I said you would. Hold tight. Also, there is no way you'll be playing this one for 65 hours for completion. No way. So it is shorter no matter what.

The bar is still confusing to me, but here's what somebody else said about it:  The colored part is your effective strength, the grey portion is the part you lose because your galactic readiness is below 100%. If you only play single player, galactic readiness is fixed at 50%, capping your effective military strength at only half of the strength you would have with 100% readiness.