By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

SecondWar said:

Finally got my copy midday Friday (3 days late, thanks for that EA). More engrossed in this than I have been in any other game, only thing that compars is when the seventh Harry Potter book came out (I sound like a big nerd, I know).

Day 1 DLC is irratating but I couldn't ignore the content that was on offer (I don't care if it was free in the Collector's Edition, this way I got it for £6.80 instead of £20). One thing that does bug me is the way EA have found a way to sneak in an even more blatant and disgusting cash grab in the form of the ability to pay for the multiplayer supply packs. Seriously, if you actually fork out real money instead of in-game credits for those you don;t deserve to be playing Mass Effect.

Buying the day 1 DLC and telling people they 'don't deserve to be playing Mass Effect' if they buy the multiplayer unlocks is sickening. Get off your high horse (yay for over-used phrases) you're just as much a part of the problem as they are. 

Around the Network

@noname2200

You don't need multiplayer to get the "best", and I use that term lightly, ending. You can get plenty by just doing the sidequests. You will need it if you make stupid decisions.

Some considerations about the history and the "ending".

What the hell was that. Bioware comes up with a space ninja, okay, I can still handle it. EDI's new body, don't mind it. Decisions on the rachni queen and the human councilor boil down to nothing? You can't program everything.

Yeah, Earth's mission was going awesome, running to the Beam while Harbinger is shooting at you with molten uranium...

and then everything goes to shit. The fukken über control of everything is a few yards away from the Beam, Illusive Man appears and say some shit before dying an impactless death, nothing like Legion or Ashley or Thane in my playthrough, random AI kid says some bullshit, I have to choose between three endings that make no sense at all, but seem to do exactly the same thing, with a few tweaks here and there, according to the 1-min final cutscene.

Waiting for the DLC of a proper ending guys. See you in some months so we can discuss a proper ending to the trilogy.

haxxiy said:

What the hell was that. Bioware comes up with a space ninja, okay, I can still handle it. EDI's new body, don't mind it. Earth's mission was going awesome, running to the Beam while Harbinger is shooting at you with molten uranium...

and then everything goes to shit. The fukken über control of everything is a few yards away from the Beam, Illusive Man appears and say some shit before dying an impactless death, nothing like Legion or Ashley or Thane in my playthrough, random AI kid says some bullshit, I have to choose between three endings that make no sense at all, but seem to do exactly the same thing, with a few tweaks here and there, according to the 1-min final cutscene.

Waiting for the DLC of a proper ending guys. See you in some months so we can discuss a proper ending to the trilogy.

The devs have stated that they are happy with the endings, so that ending DLC may not happen despite players wanting one. The lack of a proper epilogue is also upsetting,

This game makes me so freakin sad :(
There is some very tough stuf to process.

Around the Network
Rhonin the wizard said:
haxxiy said:

What the hell was that. Bioware comes up with a space ninja, okay, I can still handle it. EDI's new body, don't mind it. Earth's mission was going awesome, running to the Beam while Harbinger is shooting at you with molten uranium...

The devs have stated that they are happy with the endings, so that ending DLC may not happen despite players wanting one. The lack of a proper epilogue is also upsetting,

Never seen a reaction so overwhelmingly negative to one though. Maybe the ego of some Bioware writers need to be kicked in the balls, but they have to. Puh-lease?

I mean, The Phantom Menace is a coherent, sensible piece of film art next to what happens after Harbinger shoots you - or more specifically, after you pull a Saren with the Illusive Man. 

Rhonin the wizard said:

@noname2200

You don't need multiplayer to get the "best", and I use that term lightly, ending. You can get plenty by just doing the sidequests. You will need it if you make stupid decisions.

So I've heard. I just know it'll bug me to have my bar so greyed out! It's irrational on my part, I know.

VGChartz, I has a question:

What is the overall consensus of the community here. Did you guys like the ending or not? I heard from a friend that the ending was bad and then I read around and it seems quite many are angry. So whats the stand here?

(Cant bother to look and I gotta go to bed for now

Aldro said:

What is the overall consensus of the community here. Did you guys like the ending or not? I heard from a friend that the ending was bad and then I read around and it seems quite many are angry. So whats the stand here?

(Cant bother to look and I gotta go to bed for now <3 Cya in the mornin').

It's got plotholes bigger than EDI's camel toe (not joking). Any choices you made before are irrelevant, none of th endings make logical sense, the endings only come about by a massive deus ex machina, and yet somehow the difference between the alternate endings is also laughably small. 

So, I guess I don't like it. And neither should any person who cares about a game having a good story. 

Aldro said:

(Cant bother to look and I gotta go to bed for now <3 Cya in the mornin').

There's a poll on Bioware forums with over 10 thousand votes and like 97% of the voters disliked the ending.

Yep, is that bad. Honestly is mind boggling how the last three minutes or so fucked up five years of ME.