By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

Anyone heard anything about how you access the bonus content that you unlocked for playing the Kingdoms of Amalur demo? Want to be ready to go once the war catches up with me.

Around the Network

Man, I just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker. THat's still the best series of missions in the series so far, and anyone who argues otherwise is wrong.

It wasn't on this playthrough, but one of my favorite things about playing through LotSB so many times (and I've done it a lot) was with a particular Shepard - my only full Renegade Shepard, a hard-assed son of a bitch who looks like Clint Eastwood got in a fight with a flamethrower.

When you invite Liara back to the Normandy, you have a long conversation with her, and it's one of the purest role-playing experiences in the Mass Effect series, where Liara lets you make Shepard vent according to your own perspective on the mission. It's great, and it establishes that, even though all Shepards have certain things in common, that Shepard can also be reflective of the player in ways that matter.

On that particular playthrough, my Asshole Shep went off the deep-end, ranting about the Collectors and that bitch Ashley and all sorts of other things. And Liara talks him through the whole thing, and there's this sense, through Liara, that some part of the quest, of the world of Mass Effect, is still behind you. She's the perfect sympathetic ear, the only one to reach through to this complete asshole in front of her and see that, in spite of everything, he's trying to be a big guddam hero.

That moment that I liked best was right at the end, when she says that it's been good talking to Shepard, and that they should do it again. And Shepard is sitting on the bed, watching her leave, and when the door shuts behind her:

"Come back soon."

Meer delivers that line perfectly, the words of a lonely man intensely in need of companionship, in spite of how much of an island he is normally.

I love these games, you guys

I don't know if I've conveyed it

SecondWar said:
Anyone heard anything about how you access the bonus content that you unlocked for playing the Kingdoms of Amalur demo? Want to be ready to go once the war catches up with me.

You´ll get a mail with a code just like the preoder bonus

SecondWar said:

When I finished it, I was made to understand that I would be getting it automatically, since my Live tag is tied to my EA Account. With luck it should just... download on its own? I don't know. Probably an option for it in-game.

It's extremely stupid-looking armor, but the gun should be cool.

Khuutra said:
SecondWar said:

When I finished it, I was made to understand that I would be getting it automatically, since my Live tag is tied to my EA Account. With luck it should just... download on its own? I don't know. Probably an option for it in-game.

you don't have some playthroughs where you make shepard look extremely stupid? 

@someone above.
I getting the feeling from people in this threads there's no hammerhead or hammerhead like thing. That's too bad it was quite a spectacle in overlord. And was way way better than the mako in ME1 imo.

Around the Network
ishiki said:
Khuutra said:
SecondWar said:

you don't have some playthroughs where you make shepard look extremely stupid? 

@someone above.
I getting the feeling from people in this threads there's no hammerhead or hammerhead like thing. That's too bad it was quite a spectacle in overlord. And was way way better than the mako in ME1 imo.

I don't, actually, which is kinda weird.

Also I think there are vehicle sections in ME3. The design team said they took lessons from what worked best about the Mako and the Hammerhead; surely they used those in some way, even if it's just enhanced Hammerhead missions?

Your armor collection from ME2 gets spread across the galaxy and you have to buy them back from merchants, this includes the Amalur one.

No vehicle sections, at least not any where Shep drives.

And something unrelated, there is a Hanar merchant that sells jellyfish.

Rhonin the wizard said:
Your armor collection from ME2 gets spread across the galaxy and you have to buy them back from merchants, this includes the Amalur one.

No vehicle sections, at least not any where Shep drives.

And something unrelated, there is a Hanar merchant that sells jellyfish.

I guess they did learn from the Mako and Hammerhead, then. Unless they plan to make vehicle DLC, like it was in ME2.

To the bolded: THat is the greatest thing I have ever heard.

Man oh man I'm excited for this game. Playing ME2 right now and I just beat the Shadowbroker DLC for the first time. Same with Katsumi I believe it's called.

I'm not getting ME3 till the 3/31 so at least I will have time to finish ME2 on insane and other games. Btw I'm very happy they are bringing more weapon customization back, same with armor. That is one of the few this that kinda irked me in ME2. More RPG elements the better.

Tagging along. I am excited for this but then I am also keeping my expectations low.....usually that's one of the ways I end up liking my games.