By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

I guess it's kind of natural that the topic is going to be quiet in the lead-up to the game's release.

Around the Network

Probably people are avoiding the net all together. I know that over at the bioware forums the shitstorm has already begun, so I hope the same doesn't happen here.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Probably people are avoiding the net all together. I know that over at the bioware forums the shitstorm has already begun, so I hope the same doesn't happen here.

Haha, man, I kind of htought you were exaggerating about how terrible that place is (because I stick to the strategy forums) but I happened to look in the non-spoiler general ME3 forum and hoo boy.

Related note: one of my coworkers flipped through the ME3 strategy guide and read all the endings. Apparently he is very excited.

I told him if he told me more than that I would drill a hole in his skull and pour out everything in there.

We´re less than 24 hours away from launch and where are the reviews???

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:

Haha, man, I kind of htought you were exaggerating about how terrible that place is (because I stick to the strategy forums) but I happened to look in the non-spoiler general ME3 forum and hoo boy.

Related note: one of my coworkers flipped through the ME3 strategy guide and read all the endings. Apparently he is very excited.

I told him if he told me more than that I would drill a hole in his skull and pour out everything in there.

Odd, the endings are why people are freaking out on the Bioware forums

But yeah, even with the massive wave of bans there, people are even more trollish and flame-ish. "Fans" can sometimes be the worst kind of supporters :-/

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
JGarret said:

We're.... we're still like 38 hours from launch in the States, even including midnight launches.

The reviews will most likely land tomorrow, mostly. Be patient; rest assured, the game will be getting reviewed.

JGarret said:

Embargo-ed

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

But yeah, even with the massive wave of bans there, people are even more trollish and flame-ish. "Fans" can sometimes be the worst kind of supporters :-/

Man, I hate fans. I hate the wya they present themselves, even. It's why I do my best to not talk about Mass Effect outside of a couple of threads every few months. I like Mass Effect more than any other new IP this gen, but you gotta control that, you gotta be a bit chill about it...

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

Man, I hate fans. I hate the wya they present themselves, even. It's why I do my best to not talk about Mass Effect outside of a couple of threads every few months. I like Mass Effect more than any other new IP this gen, but you gotta control that, you gotta be a bit chill about it...

Same here. Mass Effect on par with the Souls series are amongst my favourite of this gen, but like all things, moderation is a good thing when you talk about something you enjoy. 

The ME series is suffering from the same effect when almost all VG series gain a big mainstream fanbase = schims when a faction of fans think that the series is "theirs" and only their opinions and knowledge of how the series should have gone is the right one. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

Same here. Mass Effect on par with the Souls series are amongst my favourite of this gen, but like all things, moderation is a good thing when you talk about something you enjoy. 

The ME series is suffering from the same effect when almost all VG series gain a big mainstream fanbase = schims when a faction of fans think that the series is "theirs" and only their opinions and knowledge of how the series should have gone is the right one.

True. It's something of an endemic problem with Mass Effect, though, and has been ever since certain fans took "ownership" of the design of the game as it was in the first entry.

Still. ME3 seems to be pleasing a lot more of the general fandom, which is good. Carl's excited! That is a good sign.