By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Mass Effect Thread: Leviathan is out, buy it, it's great

Preordered it @ Gamespot klagenfurt and picked it up today.
The release date for europe is the 9th so I´am feeling pretty good now.

Around the Network
AndrewWK said:

Wow you are so lucky! 

Khuutra said:
JGarret said:
You guys think the Mass Effect universe will continue in the next generation?

The universe? Sure. It's a very rich IP with lots of options for where to take it in the future. Hell, in terms of universes, the one presented in this trilogy is as expansive as that shown in the original Star Wars trilogy - probably moreso.

They could do almost anything with the Mass Effect IP and it would work properly, if they are careful.

I'm pretty sure there will be more Mass Effect games:

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox/news-xbox/mass-effect-3-saves.html

@AndrewWK_ I envy you!

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

yo_john117 said:
AndrewWK said:

Wow you are so lucky! 

hey dude is this kazumi on your profile picture? You liked her? 

AndrewWK said:
yo_john117 said:
AndrewWK said:

Wow you are so lucky! 

hey dude is this kazumi on your profile picture? You liked her? 

Yeah it's Kasumi. I put her as my profile because it's one of the best ME3 avatars I've seen and she is pretty cool (hope she's in ME3)

Around the Network
lestatdark said:

Let me just say this:

If anyone hasn't done the final fight of LoTSB with an Adept Shepard on Insanity, you haven't seen what real difficulty is on any ME game  

Ah he's not so bad. The Blood Dragon armor helps.

This may be my last night posting here for a while, guys. We'll see.

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:

Let me just say this:

If anyone hasn't done the final fight of LoTSB with an Adept Shepard on Insanity, you haven't seen what real difficulty is on any ME game  

Never used any of the special DLC armours, though the Kestrel set did tickle my fancy

With regular armour he can two shot you easily when you try to get close enough to shatter his Kinetic shield, since he has an ungodly fast recovery time on Insanity >_>.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

Never used any of the special DLC armours, though the Kestrel set did tickle my fancy

With regular armour he can two shot you easily when you try to get close enough to shatter his Kinetic shield, since he has an ungodly fast recovery time on Insanity >_>.

He can be staggered just like anyone else, first by a blow of force like Charge or Throw, secondly by enough damage delivered in one shot - like a Claymore round to the face.

Getting at him when he's got his barrier on was actually the easiest part for me. Getting him down to it, trying to avoid him? THat was a bit trickier. Would have helped if one had ME3 controls and agility, but eh...!

Khuutra said:
lestatdark said:
Khuutra said:

He can be staggered just like anyone else, first by a blow of force like Charge or Throw, secondly by enough damage delivered in one shot - like a Claymore round to the face.

Getting at him when he's got his barrier on was actually the easiest part for me. Getting him down to it, trying to avoid him? THat was a bit trickier. Would have helped if one had ME3 controls and agility, but eh...!

Actually my strategy revolved more around Shockwave. Using Liara as an effective decoy also helped a lot. I would run to the upper part of the room and moved Liara around so the SB would be with his back towards any of the stairs to the upper part, then I would shockwave him to stagger him and then getting up close and personal as fast as I could.

I didn't find Throw that effective against him, then again I might have only tried it once and forgot about it for the rest of the battle

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Man!!!!
I am hearing a lot of bad news about the endings guys. I have been playing since 08 and i hope BW did not pull a DA2 on ME3.