By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356

Well... Sony must be crying right now...

I told you SONY!!

POWER IS NOT EVERYTHING!!!!!!

Yay!!!

Around the Network
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

I told you SONY!!

What are you talking about? These are great numbers almost on par with 3ds.................. Sony will be very happy as they should.....

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

I told you SONY!!

I LOVE ICELAND!

For the record, vita has more then power, more online integration and control options then any handheld on the market, internet and social apps, netflix on the road.,... Saying it's just power is short sighted. It's a more advanced hand held, Sales do not equal better. See Mcdonalds, Avatar, Justin Beiber.

These are rly good numbers. To everyone saying that it didnt do as good as the 3ds for first week... This may be true, but when the 3ds launched it had no competitor, now the vita just launched doing great numbers despite having to compete with the 3ds.

That being said... to all of you sony fans dont cheer victory so soon. Saying that the vita will suceed or will fail using only the first week sales number is just dumb. Vita sold more in japan than in the US and almost as much as in Europe and 1 week later i think the sales tanked to 20k or something terrible like that, despite the fact that the psp was a beast in japan.

So, considering that the japan sales tanked after selling 300k+ units and is now selling less than 20k a week, and considering that the same thing happened to the 3ds worldwide shortly after its launch, I see no reason why the same thing couldnt happen to the Vita. Yes the 3ds eventualy started to sell alot more, but unlike the 3ds the Vita will have to compete with a 169$ competitor, this is why I think that if the vita eventualy start selling alot less (wich I believe will happen) I dont think it will be able to come back up.

I believe the vita will struggle all year and the holyday season will be make it or break it for sony, just like it was for the 3ds. We will have to see what sony has in store for the vita for the holyday season cause it has to be big (and no, a CoD IMO isnt enough, ppl argue that a cod on vita would be just like the ps3, to those ppl I say ''then why not just buy it 60$ for ps3 instead of paying 350$ for the vita version?''). So if sony play their cards well for the holyday it can suceed, but the fact that the vita will also have to compete with the Wii U during the holyday wont help.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Around the Network
Metrium said:
These are rly good numbers. To everyone saying that it didnt do as good as the 3ds for first week... This may be true, but when the 3ds launched it had no competitor, now the vita just launched doing great numbers despite having to compete with the 3ds.

That being said... to all of you sony fans dont cheer victory so soon. Saying that the vita will suceed or will fail using only the first week sales number is just dumb. Vita sold more in japan than in the US and almost as much as in Europe and 1 week later i think the sales tanked to 20k or something terrible like that, despite the fact that the psp was a beast in japan.

So, considering that the japan sales tanked after selling 300k+ units and is now selling less than 20k a week, and considering that the same thing happened to the 3ds worldwide shortly after its launch, I see no reason why the same thing couldnt happen to the Vita. Yes the 3ds eventualy started to sell alot more, but unlike the 3ds the Vita will have to compete with a 169$ competitor, this is why I think that if the vita eventualy start selling alot less (wich I believe will happen) I dont think it will be able to come back up.

I believe the vita will struggle all year and the holyday season will be make it or break it for sony, just like it was for the 3ds. We will have to see what sony has in store for the vita for the holyday season cause it has to be big (and no, a CoD IMO isnt enough, ppl argue that a cod on vita would be just like the ps3, to those ppl I say ''then why not just buy it 60$ for ps3 instead of paying 350$ for the vita version?''). So if sony play their cards well for the holyday it can suceed, but the fact that the vita will also have to compete with the Wii U during the holyday wont help.

Disagree, Vita has a much stroinger lineup at launch then nintendo, and vita has much more functionality with netflix, etc..... that will keep it from drooping as much as 3ds, sony also has many titles liined up, march alone there is mlb 12, Unit 13, and several other titles. Vita has more games tailored to the Europe NA market.

The vita wont be competing against wii-u nor PS3, bneither can you take on a trip on a plane with you... Totally different.

leper-apostle said:
Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

I told you SONY!!

What are you talking about? These are great numbers almost on par with 3ds.................. Sony will be very happy as they should.....

I think he was being sarcastic

leper-apostle said:
Metrium said:

Disagree, Vita has a much stroinger lineup at launch then nintendo, and vita has much more functionality with netflix, etc..... that will keep it from drooping as much as 3ds, sony also has many titles liined up, march alone there is mlb 12, Unit 13, and several other titles. Vita has more games tailored to the Europe NA market.

The vita wont be competing against wii-u nor PS3, bneither can you take on a trip on a plane with you... Totally different.

I dont think the functionality like netflix and facebook are rly relevant since you have all that on your smartphones. If you are not interested in a vita these functionality wont convince you. But you may be right for the games, I'm not rly aware of the incoming vita games and when they are set to launch.

For my comment about vita competing with wiiu for the holydays, by that i mean that they will both be the 2new consoles to buy. Alot of ppl when a new console launch they wait for the holydays to buy it and wiiu and vita will both have their first christmas at the same time and alot of gamers and kids who are interested in both consoles will have to choose between the 2. Yes i understand your point that 1 is a handheld and the other is a home console, but they are both gaming devices marketed to attract gamers and the fact that they are both diferent wont prevent ALOT of ppl to be interested in both.

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

Metrium said:

Great point. Never considered this.

1.1m is a lot for a console that wasn't even suppose to make it to the West.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)