By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356
Judgement-2012 said:
The opening is decent.
With a good line up, i think it won't decline quickly like 3ds.

Agreed, I dont think it will drop as much as the demand for Vit's games are much stronger then the DS at launch, and it had a better launch lineup.

Around the Network

Damn this thread turned brilliant once pokermonbrawl showed up! Hilarious stuff.

I'm quite happy with European numbers. USA is just ok. Overall though it was a decent first week WW, now the true test begins.

Aj_habfan said:
Damn this thread turned brilliant once pokermonbrawl showed up! Hilarious stuff.

I'm quite happy with European numbers. USA is just ok. Overall though it was a decent first week WW, now the true test begins.

Besides the 'Funny Pictures' thread, I don't think I've laughed as much on VGC. It was gold, pure gold. I'm happy with the sales, especially the UK, did not expect it to do 125k here.

There is a argument to be had Vita did way better then DS, factor in software sales and mem cards, vita did much better from a sales perspective.

Complete Nintendomination in the US even back when the PS2 was so popular worldwide. Week 2 and 3 sales will be interesting, safe to say Europe is unanimously Sony's strongest market and has been for a while.

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
Pokemonbrawlvg said:
@TrevDaRev I haven't said anything in this thread and don't plan on it. I've grown quite tried of the system now, it's just not worth the effort anymore.

Well why don't you say something then?

And how exactly have you grown tired of it, have you got a problem with it or something?

Hahaha Pokemonbrawlvg said he got tired of the system he never owned in the first place no wonder he got banned. I sometimes troll FF XIII but I at least played it to the bitter end.

leper-apostle said:
There is a argument to be had Vita did way better then DS, factor in software sales and mem cards, vita did much better from a sales perspective.

The Memory cards could turn out to be a very sly move by Sony. Every Vita needs a memory card, so it's more money for Sony. Also, the fact every retail game will be available on the PS Store is another great move! For the first time ever we're able to decide whether to buy a physical copy or a digital copy. That's huge for me!

@Pokemonbrawl/rokigamer, I never thought my comment would make you do this. Im sorry if it hurt you. Im sure your a pretty cool person, I dont doubt it. I simply think that you would gain from being more open minded and positive. When you come back, why not try something different? That being said, if the Vita and its games really does not interest you AT ALL, you can simply invest your energy somewhere else. Take care ^^.

@others, the whole situation made me laugh too, but I somehow feel bad for the guy :(.

Good launch, very good in Europe, it could do better in USA and Japan, it needs some big games for the tastes of those regions. CoD and MH devs will wait for Vita's user base to grow more before releasing their games on it, so the initial effort will be on the shoulders of Sony and its 1st parties and of other 3rd parties. The first CoD Vita is most likely to launch in Q4 2012, the first MH Vita has some chances next Golden Week, if not then, Q4 too.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

i'm very happy with these numbers, i hope it stays solid.
curious to see what games will make the hardware move the most in the future.

also, never expected this thread to become so hilarious. that pokemonbrawler episode was epic fun