By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSVita Sold 1.1 (more like ~950k) million Week 1 - Show Your Feelings...

Tagged games:

You feel...

AWESOME SALES 87 24.30%

GREAT SALES 160 44.69%

MEH SALES 91 25.42%

WTF SALES 18 5.03%

Total:356
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
So, with this new figure (1.2 LTD), since it sold more than 200k after launch week in japan and asia, this puts Vita first week below 1000k, right?

Ouch, first for a handheld (I mean, a important one).

Around 850k, I did the math just because of the article. Assuming sell through ofcourse. If it is shipped data 1.2, well lets not get into that.

1.2 million now put the first week for US and EU = 600-700k... VGC shows 680k... in line.

Nope, you are ignoring HK figures. It is like 500k.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4445073 I did the math here, could be have errors. (I am only human)

850k is what I got for launch, and 320 + 30 (Japan + HK), hence I got 500k. 

Around the Network

Pokemonbrawl comes into the thread to troll, gets bannd, and then makes an alt obvious?

dud, your posting style is the hardest thing to hide, so it's just plan pointless(can't use stupid) to make an alt when your agenda is obvious.

search lights have spoted you, and the feds have moved in on your position. srry bud but you've caught twice.

only 100k behind 3DS isn't bad at all. great showing.

ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
So, with this new figure (1.2 LTD), since it sold more than 200k after launch week in japan and asia, this puts Vita first week below 1000k, right?

Around 850k, I did the math just because of the article. Assuming sell through ofcourse. If it is shipped data 1.2, well lets not get into that.

1.2 million now put the first week for US and EU = 600-700k... VGC shows 680k... in line.

I don't think 850 is the exact number too.
But it can't be your number too... because Vita is at 620k in japan/asia... take that away from 1.2m and you get 580.

So 580 (west launch) + 320 (japan launch) = 900k + whatever the asia launch was. Quite below 1.1k number of this thread.

VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

But it can't be your number too... because Vita is at 620k in japan/asia... take that away from 1.2m and you get 580.

So 580 (west launch) + 320 (japan launch) = 900k + whatever the asia launch was. Quite below 1.1k number of this thread.

570 Japan + 140k Hong Kong = 700k (I know it equals 710....)

Ofcourse I used the numbers Seece provided me for Hong Kong in my post you can see how I did the math. 

Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

Ofcourse I used the numbers Seece provided me for Hong Kong in my post you can see how I did the math. 

140k in hong kong? That's a lot! If this number is true, than you're right!

I thought (read on gaf on the thread about sony's 1.2m figure) that asia was at 620 combined!

Around the Network
VicViper said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

I thought (read on gaf on the thread about sony's 1.2m figure) that asia was at 620 combined!

140k = HK, Taiwan and South Korea.

VicViper said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

If that is true, that would mean this site is overtracking that market (which would be understandable, as Hong Kong would be hard to track). In which case you are absolutely right.

580k west launch - Week 0 + odd numbers in the 10,000s. (Since sony wasn't exact with 1.2 figure).  

@Seece, sorry I should have stated Asia. I wasn't sure where it launched outside of HK. 

Acevil said:
VicViper said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

If that is true, that would mean this site is overtracking that market (which would be understandable, as Hong Kong would be hard to track). In which case you are absolutely right.

580k west launch - Week 0 + odd numbers in the 10,000s. (Since sony wasn't exact with 1.2 figure).

@Seece, sorry I should have stated Asia. I wasn't sure where it launched outside of HK.

Your numbers are off for Asia.

PlayStation®Vita Retail Sales Achieve Half Million Units in Japan and Asia in
Three Weeks

PR Newswire

TOKYO, Jan. 9, 2012

TOKYO, Jan. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE)
today announced that holiday season(*1) retail sales of the PlayStation®Vita
(PS Vita) portable entertainment system, the PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer
entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment
system and the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system exceeded 6.5
 million units worldwide(*2).

PS Vita sold half million units(*2) to consumers since its launch on December
17, 2011 in Japan and December 23, 2011 in Asia(*3).

For three weeks MC have the Vita at 483k in Japan, which leaves 17k for Asia... 140k for Asia is way too much even for today (7 weeks after).

ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

Three Weeks

PR Newswire

TOKYO, Jan. 9, 2012

For three weeks MC have the Vita at 483k in Japan, which leaves 17k for Asia... 140k for Asia is way too much even for today (7 weeks after).

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/40916/Global/

We have it 27k over 500k, and for all we know that 500k isn't dead on, could be lower or slightly higher, we could be dead on.

ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:
ethomaz said:
Acevil said:
VicViper said:

Three Weeks

PR Newswire

TOKYO, Jan. 9, 2012

For three weeks MC have the Vita at 483k in Japan, which leaves 17k for Asia.

Hmm don't you mean this site is is off for Asia? :P Come on say it OVERTRACKED! Ethomaz it is calling you. Regardless the number of total sales is below 1 million launch week, which the article states to be 1.1 million. So instead of 850k, it will be between 900k-950k (Even that number doesn't take into account Week 0 USA.).