By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith confirmed to be working on a 3DS game

Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Nem said:

Xenogears 3DS remake would be divine.

Sadly, square owns the rights.

Nintendo owned the rights to Mario, and Square did Mario RPG. So we can remain hopeful =)

When did that happen? 17 years ago? It's Square-soft now, you have high hopes...

However Squaresoft might make XenoGears for PSV.. Just saying, that's a whole lot more likely.

Do you have any evidence or arguments to support your statement? 

Why would Monolith make Squaresoft's IP? Also, from what I've seen Square has kept Nintendo remakes on Nintendo systems, and Sony remakes (or PSN offerings) on Playstation consoles.

I don't think we're going to start seeing PS1 JRPG's be remade onthe 3DS. If they do, I'm happy, more reason to get a 3DS, but I just don't see it happening.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

Around the Network
MrT-Tar said:
Araknie said:
Monolith does only RPGs, so HYPE for me.

Disaster: Day of Crisis

Ops, sorry my mistake.

Well, more HYPE. XDDDD

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Nem said:

Nintendo owned the rights to Mario, and Square did Mario RPG. So we can remain hopeful =)

When did that happen? 17 years ago? It's Square-soft now, you have high hopes...

However Squaresoft might make XenoGears for PSV.. Just saying, that's a whole lot more likely.

Why would Monolith make Squaresoft's IP? Also, from what I've seen Square has kept Nintendo remakes on Nintendo systems, and Sony remakes (or PSN offerings) on Playstation consoles.

I don't think we're going to start seeing PS1 JRPG's be remade onthe 3DS. If they do, I'm happy, more reason to get a 3DS, but I just don't see it happening.

A sales opportunity on an established title that Monolith head Tetsuya Takahashi wanted to eventually remake under the Xenosaga flag. Now since he works for Nintendo, and not Namco, things will be easier than before for him to do so since Nintendo is a partner of Square, and not a rival.

Although, that doesn't answer my question; what makes it far more likely for Square to remake it on far less popular system that the creator of the universe will never contribute to (since he now works for Nintendo)?

It also isn't going to change my original statement, that I would MUCH rather have a Xenogears remake than anything else from Monolithsoft. =)

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Why would Square touch Xenogears when Takahashi hasn't been there for years? It's unprecedented, in fact, Square history shows the opposite - when key members in certain franchises leave, Square buries that franchise with them (see: Mana series and Koichi Ishii).

Anyways, I hope this 3DS game is a new IP or related to one of their existing IPs. If it's another outsource project for Namco, I won't be too interested...

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Nem said:

A sales opportunity on an established title that Monolith head Tetsuya Takahashi wanted to eventually remake under the Xenosaga flag. Now since he works for Nintendo, and not Namco, things will be easier than before for him to do so since Nintendo is a partner of Square, and not a rival.

Although, that doesn't answer my question; what makes it far more likely for Square to remake it on far less popular system that the creator of the universe will never contribute to (since he now works for Nintendo)?

It also isn't going to change my original statement, that I would MUCH rather have a Xenogears remake than anything else from Monolithsoft. =)

Oh your right, I forgot Monolith's heads developed XenoGears, so....maaayyyybbbeee, but the odds are just as likely as Square Enix making a Super Mario RPG 2.

Now that I realize that, it could be made on a 3DS. However in general Square probably won't publish PS exclusives on Nintendo handhelds, and vice versa. If anything XenoGears will get a Wii-Ware purchase.

You'd rather have a XenoGears Remake over a XenoGears Sequal?

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Around the Network
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Michael-5 said:
Jumpin said:
Nem said:

Oh your right, I forgot Monolith's heads developed XenoGears, so....maaayyyybbbeee, but the odds are just as likely as Square Enix making a Super Mario RPG 2.

Now that I realize that, it could be made on a 3DS. However in general Square probably won't publish PS exclusives on Nintendo handhelds, and vice versa. If anything XenoGears will get a Wii-Ware purchase.

To be honest, i'd rather a remake of Xenogears. Doubt a sequal could be as good.

If i remember correctly Xenogears was episode 5 or 6. I dont know if Xenoblade counts as an episode as i concluded from the ending of episode 3 that they were going to make a prequal and Xenoblade was it. I didnt playit though, so i dont know.

Another interesting project would be a Xenoblade port for the 3DS. If Monster hunter 3 could be ported, im sure any Wii game can aswell.

I think some interesting games more aimed at the hardcore were kind of wasted on the Wii. But the 3DS seems to have quite a strong hardcore base aswell, it really is the perfect platform to sell games on. Its appealing to all kinds of costumers.

Is this the same Monolith who made all the FEAR and Condemned games ? (and older ones like Blood and Shogo)
I didn't know they made Xenoblade Chronicles. I though it was a Japanese game.

Narishma said:
Is this the same Monolith who made all the FEAR and Condemned games ? (and older ones like Blood and Shogo)
I didn't know they made Xenoblade Chronicles. I though it was a Japanese game.

No, that's Monolith Production. This is Monolith Soft. They're completely unrelated.

Nem said:
Michael-5 said:

To be honest, i'd rather a remake of Xenogears. Doubt a sequal could be as good.

If i remember correctly Xenogears was episode 5 or 6. I dont know if Xenoblade counts as an episode as i concluded from the ending of episode 3 that they were going to make a prequal and Xenoblade was it. I didnt playit though, so i dont know.

Another interesting project would be a Xenoblade port for the 3DS. If Monster hunter 3 could be ported, im sure any Wii game can aswell.

I think some interesting games more aimed at the hardcore were kind of wasted on the Wii. But the 3DS seems to have quite a strong hardcore base aswell, it really is the perfect platform to sell games on. Its appealing to all kinds of costumers.

I didn't even know XenoGears and XenoSaga were related. I know they were developed by the same guy, but yea.

From what I read about XenoBlade, the events in the game are not related to the events in XenoGears/Saga and they used the word Xeno because they wanted to make the game of a similar nature/quality to XenoGears. Any relationships between the two, to my knowledge, are minimal (correct me if I'm wrong).

If they remade XenoGears would you want it to be a port (with minimal changed like Chrono Trigger), or a full out remake keeping the same AI, Bosses, enemies, gameplay structure and layout, but building the game on a new engine (like Dragon Quest IV-VI, and Pokemon HeartGold)?

Monster Hunter 3DS is Monster Hunter Tri? Okay, well now I know....learning more every day.

What hardcore games did you feel were wasted on the Wii? Maybe Fire Emblem (could have done better on the DS), but overall I like the better half of Wii's exclusive library.

Very good news and pending on what it is, it may bring the priority of me getting a 3ds much higher.