By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Monolith confirmed to be working on a 3DS game

Source: http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/35741/xenoblade-team-working-on-3ds-game/

The developers of amazing Wii game Xenoblade Chroniclesare working on a new 3DS game.

Monolith Software hasn't revealed the identity of the game they are working on for 3DS but the company is recruiting staff for the project.

According to Andriasang, the Xenoblade developers need effect designers to work on map and battle scenes plus motion designers for monster and character movement.

So this new 3DS game could feature some big monster battles, something that Xenoblade Chronicles is famous for.

What sort of game should Monolith make for 3DS? Would you like Xenoblade 3DS? 

We have had a few confirmations of Monolith's new project in the past, such as an untitled WiiU game and that photo which looked very similar to one of Baten Kaitos' pre-rendered world maps.  Considering that their last two games came out in 2010 (Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Robot Taisen DS), maybe early 2013 could see the release of one of their new games.

Around the Network

I hope it's something that fits the format. If it's something Xenoblade-esque I'd rather have it on WiiU as a small screen won't do the environments justice. Baten Kaitos for 3DS would work very well.

Great news!

I just hope that doesn't affect the development of their WiiU title, then again as I recall it they can have enough people to work on several titles at the same time.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

bmmb1 said:
Great news!

I just hope that doesn't affect the development of their WiiU title, then again as I recall it they can have enough people to work on several titles at the same time.

Yeah, from their development history, it seems that they have the capacity to work on a handheld game and a home console game at the same time, also in some instances help out with another developer's project at the same time.

For example, 2008 saw the release of Disaster: Day of Crisis (Wii), Soma Bringer (DS) and Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii), which they gave some assistance on.  Equally, 2006 saw Xenosaga ep III (PS2), Baten Kaitos Origins (GC), Xenosaga ep I and II 'demakes' (DS) and FFVII Dirge of Cerberus (PS2) which they helped on.  With the exception of their help on Skyward Sword, they haven't released a game since 2010, so as I said in the OP, to me it seems reasonable to assume both WiiU and 3DS projects will see Japanese releases through 2013.

great news, love the constant 3DS game announcements : )

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Soma Bringer 2, so we can't play it again!

But seriously, excellent news! (and even Soma Bringer 2 would be cool, as the fan translation of the first game is soon to be released)

VicViper said:

But seriously, excellent news! (and even Soma Bringer 2 would be cool, as the fan translation of the first game is soon to be released)

Wasn't it released like 3 years ago? I remember playing it and finishing the story with no problems... or are they finally at 100% with the items?

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

MrT-Tar said:

What sort of game should Monolith make for 3DS? Would you like Xenoblade 3DS? 

I would like a XenoGEARS 3DS.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Fantastic. As long as they are not forced into sequelitis and are given freedom to work on new things, that is great! Monolith is a boon to Nintendo.

NiKKoM said:
VicViper said:

Wasn't it released like 3 years ago? I remember playing it and finishing the story with no problems... or are they finally at 100% with the items?

Well, yes and no. This is from feb 11, 2012

"No, I just got distracted with other games/projects and haven't gotten around to finishing the glossary. I still plan on doing it, but everything else in the game is fully translated, so it hasn't been a priority."

I'm a bit of a completionist, so I'll wait a little more! This Glossary better be good, lol!