By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita sales explosion!

Tagged games:

I know videogames fans and sony fanboys really want this system to do well, but i just dont see it happening.

The way the device is marketed is shortsided and was already proven to fail.

Considering Sony's financial postition, they cant do the same kind of price cut nintendo did with the 3DS aswell.

Things do look grim for the Vita, but it was because Sony set it up for failure since its conception.

Sony can keep the system going by themselves though, and in a couple of years when the price cut comes, the system might become viable. It definitly wont happen for now though.

Around the Network
MadeInDK said:

The vita.. will be canceled after this holliday.. like the psp go.. i'm not sayng it are doomed.. just sayng that nobody wants it.. (some sony fans.. die hard.. but normal people) Back when psp came.. we got a lot... extras.. this time.. we have all that movie..music in the mobiles.. theres no reason for vita.. to much a mobil.. but can't call..

For me it looks like they about to do a "ps3".. have great sales with psp.. (70 mill) and then go to down to.. let's say 20 mill.. vita.. vita's.. they will have to loose on,, and not earn that much.. just to sell..

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody remember to come back to this thread after the holidays and laugh some more at this ludicrous statement!

I don't think the Vita will fail, but if it does, everyone will say it's because of the mobile phones. I sure hope that will not be the case, or otherwise we will get only touch screen games, and Mario like platformers do not work well on those.
We should not regress, we should progress. Choosing a less efficient input method for our games is not progress. Any temporary lapse of judgement will eventually ware off (pointer devices are slowly curing the craziness that console shooters still are). Thinking that virtual buttons are a good solution for any situation is such a temporary lapse of judgement.
Go gaming handhelds.

I don't want the Vita to fail. And I say that as a huge Nintendo fan.
Competition is what makes it interesting for us customers.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

It's just Amazon.

Also, as you said, it shows the increase in sales. It is normal that when an unreleased game releases there's a huge percentage increase in sales...

I'm really hoping the Vita does well though.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

Never seen so much hate and doom and gloom for a console for a while.. I hope the vita does well. I'm buying it tomorrow and i can't wait. Really want this to go well for sony.

thehusbo said:
Never seen so much hate and doom and gloom for a console for a while..

Weren't you around when the 3DS launched?

It was all the same.

Need something off Play-Asia? http://www.play-asia.com/

If they are so cute, why people keep doing this!!!!!! Pure evil, EVIL I tell you.

On a more serious side, you know you are in desperate times when people bring up Amazon numbers.

I cant wait to see next week chart!

italo244 said:
I cant wait to see next week chart!

We should actually see Vita game and console sales in this weeks chart since the Sony 1st party launch titles have been on sale for over a week now.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!