By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita sales explosion!

Tagged games:

manuel said:
thehusbo said:
Never seen so much hate and doom and gloom for a console for a while..

Weren't you around when the 3DS launched?

Oh Snap!

Around the Network
MadeInDK said:

The vita.. will be canceled after this holliday.. like the psp go.. i'm not sayng it are doomed.. just sayng that nobody wants it.. (some sony fans.. die hard.. but normal people) Back when psp came.. we got a lot... extras.. this time.. we have all that movie..music in the mobiles.. theres no reason for vita.. to much a mobil.. but can't call..

For me it looks like they about to do a "ps3".. have great sales with psp.. (70 mill) and then go to down to.. let's say 20 mill.. vita.. vita's.. they will have to loose on,, and not earn that much.. just to sell..

The dots....in your post....make it hard...to read.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Bigspleen said:
Nem said:

I know videogames fans and sony fanboys really want this system to do well, but i just dont see it happening.

The way the device is marketed is shortsided and was already proven to fail.

Considering Sony's financial postition, they cant do the same kind of price cut nintendo did with the 3DS aswell.

Things do look grim for the Vita, but it was because Sony set it up for failure since its conception.

Sony can keep the system going by themselves though, and in a couple of years when the price cut comes, the system might become viable. It definitly wont happen for now though.

totally out to linch and devoid of any facts, sony has done everything RIGHT for vita, it s a very well made machine, has lots of good game s at launch, and devs have said it is the easiest device to code for ever. The device will do fone and all indications point to it beign very successfull over the long haul. it has already big name third party support.

I think you dont know what marketing means.

The market at wich the device is beeing aimed is not profitable. The Vita, just like the PSP before it is aimed at having home console experiences on the move. This market is a niche. Customers dont want to play the same exact game on the move and pay twice as much for the same game + a portable console to have the same experience in a small screen.

It can have dozens of titles at launch and it can be a breeze to develop for, but if the customer does not see the value in it, they wont buy it. Product value for the price, before you come tell me that its such a good device it deserves the value. Were talking about costumors perceiving that as value and not wether theres a rational justification for the price.

Silver-Tiger said:
MadeInDK said:

The vita.. will be canceled after this holliday.. like the psp go.. i'm not sayng it are doomed.. just sayng that nobody wants it.. (some sony fans.. die hard.. but normal people) Back when psp came.. we got a lot... extras.. this time.. we have all that movie..music in the mobiles.. theres no reason for vita.. to much a mobil.. but can't call..

For me it looks like they about to do a "ps3".. have great sales with psp.. (70 mill) and then go to down to.. let's say 20 mill.. vita.. vita's.. they will have to loose on,, and not earn that much.. just to sell..

I like dots.. And i find it easier to read (mayby becurse i'm danish).. But i tries to make only 2 dots and 1 space.. Sorry if you don't like it.

MadeInDK said:
Silver-Tiger said:
MadeInDK said:

I like dots.. And i find it easier to read (mayby becurse i'm danish).. But i tries to make only 2 dots and 1 space.. Sorry if you don't like it.

I.. really like.. your.. dots............................................................................................

Around the Network

Has anyone seen my pet seal It's missing.

On the other hand it's nice to see people still post doom nonsense in the forum. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Nem said:
Bigspleen said:
Nem said:

I know videogames fans and sony fanboys really want this system to do well, but i just dont see it happening.

The way the device is marketed is shortsided and was already proven to fail.

Considering Sony's financial postition, they cant do the same kind of price cut nintendo did with the 3DS aswell.

Things do look grim for the Vita, but it was because Sony set it up for failure since its conception.

Sony can keep the system going by themselves though, and in a couple of years when the price cut comes, the system might become viable. It definitly wont happen for now though.

totally out to linch and devoid of any facts, sony has done everything RIGHT for vita, it s a very well made machine, has lots of good game s at launch, and devs have said it is the easiest device to code for ever. The device will do fone and all indications point to it beign very successfull over the long haul. it has already big name third party support.

I think you dont know what marketing means.

The market at wich the device is beeing aimed is not profitable. The Vita, just like the PSP before it is aimed at having home console experiences on the move. This market is a niche. Customers dont want to play the same exact game on the move and pay twice as much for the same game + a portable console to have the same experience in a small screen.

It can have dozens of titles at launch and it can be a breeze to develop for, but if the customer does not see the value in it, they wont buy it. Product value for the price, before you come tell me that its such a good device it deserves the value. Were talking about costumors perceiving that as value and not wether theres a rational justification for the price.

I think the Vita's market is spot on. It's clearly aimed at the 20 something guys who play 10 hours+ of PS3 / 360 a week, buy 10s of millions of copies of COD, AC, FIFA etc in their droves every year and are generally pretty weathly. It's a decent market to have as they have disposable income to spend on games, and they've been shown to buy lots of software in the past. The 3DS ain't really catering for that market all that much either.

I think you need to relook at the Vita's software before claiming it to be the console on the go thing too - epecially when the 3DS pretty much lived off of 2 N64 ports and Wii port for the first 8 months of its life...

The question is of course whether these guys want a Vita, as the PSP tried sort of thing to an extent and it never really hit it off outside of Japan. That doesn't necessarily mean it won't work this time as I think the PSP failed in execution rather then in concept.

I think people are quick to forget the PSP sold over 10m (I think) in it's first year on the market at a $250 pricepoint which was technically higher when you account for inflation. If Vita could get off to a start along those lines by the end of the year then once it hits a mass market price next year it'd have some good momentum to keep things rolling. It's definitely up to Sony to keep the software flowing and the Vita relevent until then though.

hatmoza said:
Has anyone seen my pet seal It's missing.

On the other hand it's nice to see people still post doom nonsense in the forum. Reminds me of the good ol' days.

It was delicious!    Although dolphin has a far leaner meat, I'd suggest only the latter if you're on a diet.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

GO VITA!!!

The Vita is domed! Domed I tell you!