By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita sales explosion!

Tagged games:

Yeah, Amazon isn't excatly the greatest news for expecting high sales. If it was on more sites than yeah, but we have to consider how much stock Sony put out there and how much of that stock sells.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Around the Network
VGKing said:
Christhor said:
Yes! I've been wanting to go clubbing for a while now, but haven't had a chance.

By that I mean that I am going to go kill a baby seal with a club, VGKing has given permission.

WTF are you talking about?

What's with all this baby seal crap? Stay on topic please.

I am on topic, this is about Amazon sales, right? You're telling me that you didn't know about the baby seals? Oh well, we all make mistakes, and you will just have to live with the fact that baby seals have died because of you.

VGKing said:
Christhor said:
Yes! I've been wanting to go clubbing for a while now, but haven't had a chance.

By that I mean that I am going to go kill a baby seal with a club, VGKing has given permission.

The baby seal crap is because years back it was realised that whenever the amazon charts showed some massive change it was never reflected in overall sales figures. There were dozens of topics made, eventually it was claimed that whenever an amazon sales topic was made a baby seal was brutally clubbed to death to try and discourage people from making threads about how 'console X must be selling well because sales on Amazon have changed by Y%'.

If a game sells 5 copies, then proceeds to have 5400% increase, that means it sold 54x as much, so about 270. Not that impressive.

% increase is useless, if anything the top sellers overall are good indicators.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.

Around the Network
Rath said:
VGKing said:
Christhor said:

The baby seal crap is because years back it was realised that whenever the amazon charts showed some massive change it was never reflected in overall sales figures. There were dozens of topics made, eventually it was claimed that whenever an amazon sales topic was made a baby seal was brutally clubbed to death to try and discourage people from making threads about how 'console X must be selling well because sales on Amazon have changed by Y%'.

haha yeah i remember in 2009 people were asking "what's with all this baby seal crap" and they are still asking :)

and i wasn't active then most time just reading^^

I wonder what will be software attachment ratios for first quarter. So far it looks like people are getting quite a lot of software with their Vitas.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I wonder how many Playstation Vitas are still available. My Gamestop and Best Buy each have Vitas still in stock, though Best Buy only has one 3G/Wi-Fi unit.

Read my original story on Fictionpress (Shinigami Twin): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2996503/1/Shinigami-Twin 

As well as my other one (Hell's Punishment): http://www.fictionpress.com/s/3085054/1/Hell-s-Punishment

Nintendo Network ID: kingofe3

Darn. Went to Best Buy after school, Uncharted and MvC were sold out. What they had out were the last available copies for the other titles (3 or less each). All storage cards were sold out except 4gb. And they were down to their last few Vitas.
I decided to purchase it some other time. On the good side, I finally saw and used it in person :D

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

BasilZero said:
The wifi models were closed to sold out at the store near where I live, there were about 3-5 wifi models left and a undisclosed amount of 3G and the special bundles.

The store employees were pushing any people who went near the PSVita demo to buy it...I was like back off D: lol

Just like any douchebag gamestore employees do.

Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.