By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita sales explosion!

Tagged games:

Euphoria14 said:
italo244 said:
I cant wait to see next week chart!

We should actually see Vita game and console sales in this weeks chart since the Sony 1st party launch titles have been on sale for over a week now.

Consoles too? I thought that pre-orders consoles only count as release, on 22 feb! So thats great, 2~3 days and we will see more Vita things on the chartz!

Around the Network
italo244 said:
Euphoria14 said:
italo244 said:
I cant wait to see next week chart!

We should actually see Vita game and console sales in this weeks chart since the Sony 1st party launch titles have been on sale for over a week now.

Consoles too? I thought that pre-orders consoles only count as release, on 22 feb! So thats great, 2~3 days and we will see more Vita things on the chartz!

Vita released on Feb. 15th for those who preordered the First Edition Bundle and as for games, I picked up my copy of Uncharted, along with my 8GB memory card on either the 13th or the 14th. Many games were released for sale on the 15th.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Xxain said:
Theres 1 less baby seal on the planet.

And good riddance! I knew that baby seal, it was a turd!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

MadeInDK said:

The vita.. will be canceled after this holliday.. like the psp go.. i'm not sayng it are doomed.. just sayng that nobody wants it.. (some sony fans.. die hard.. but normal people) Back when psp came.. we got a lot... extras.. this time.. we have all that movie..music in the mobiles.. theres no reason for vita.. to much a mobil.. but can't call..

For me it looks like they about to do a "ps3".. have great sales with psp.. (70 mill) and then go to down to.. let's say 20 mill.. vita.. vita's.. they will have to loose on,, and not earn that much.. just to sell..

Pachter? Is it you?   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Nem said:

I know videogames fans and sony fanboys really want this system to do well, but i just dont see it happening.

The way the device is marketed is shortsided and was already proven to fail.

Considering Sony's financial postition, they cant do the same kind of price cut nintendo did with the 3DS aswell.

Things do look grim for the Vita, but it was because Sony set it up for failure since its conception.

Sony can keep the system going by themselves though, and in a couple of years when the price cut comes, the system might become viable. It definitly wont happen for now though.

totally out to linch and devoid of any facts, sony has done everything RIGHT for vita, it s a very well made machine, has lots of good game s at launch, and devs have said it is the easiest device to code for ever. The device will do fone and all indications point to it beign very successfull over the long haul. it has already big name third party support.

Around the Network
Alby_da_Wolf said:
MadeInDK said:

The vita.. will be canceled after this holliday.. like the psp go.. i'm not sayng it are doomed.. just sayng that nobody wants it.. (some sony fans.. die hard.. but normal people) Back when psp came.. we got a lot... extras.. this time.. we have all that movie..music in the mobiles.. theres no reason for vita.. to much a mobil.. but can't call..

For me it looks like they about to do a "ps3".. have great sales with psp.. (70 mill) and then go to down to.. let's say 20 mill.. vita.. vita's.. they will have to loose on,, and not earn that much.. just to sell..

Pachter? Is it you?   

Pachter has said he expects vita to do well once it launches in NA. He understands the phone market has ZERRO bearing on a game handheld, totalyl different market.

Bigspleen said:
Alby_da_Wolf said:
MadeInDK said:

Pachter? Is it you?   

Pachter has said he expects vita to do well once it launches in NA. He understands the phone market has ZERRO bearing on a game handheld, totalyl different market.

You (and pachter) have a point.. when it comes to gaming.. but not when it comes to music and movies.. That means that one of psp biggest "casual things" are gone.. And yes the games are better than on the mobils.. but not that much.. and it's expensive.. i think only sony fans will bye this.. and not all... they say they will.. but in the end they buy a galaxy 2 insteed..

And i'm not making this up.. look at vita's sale in japan.. it's terible.. and psp always have done better in japan than the us..

But we don't know yet.. we have to see the next coupple of weeks.. but it smells like a psp go, i would say..

Meanwhile in Antarctica 

Bigspleen said:
Nem said:

I know videogames fans and sony fanboys really want this system to do well, but i just dont see it happening.

The way the device is marketed is shortsided and was already proven to fail.

Considering Sony's financial postition, they cant do the same kind of price cut nintendo did with the 3DS aswell.

Things do look grim for the Vita, but it was because Sony set it up for failure since its conception.

Sony can keep the system going by themselves though, and in a couple of years when the price cut comes, the system might become viable. It definitly wont happen for now though.

totally out to linch and devoid of any facts, sony has done everything RIGHT for vita, it s a very well made machine, has lots of good game s at launch, and devs have said it is the easiest device to code for ever. The device will do fone and all indications point to it beign very successfull over the long haul. it has already big name third party support.

Not to mention that from what I have heard the dev kit is very inexpensive (For a dev kit anyways), somewhere in the ballpark of ~$2,000. I don't expect it to be very expensive or hard to release a game on the Vita. They have potentially opened many doors with their strategy I think.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Like some have pointed out this means nothing.

For all we know Amazon sales charts might not even reflect the true ranking order of their own sales. Some retailers have a habit of artificially putting a new release higher on a sales top list (albeit for a brief time), just as a way to draw attention to it and in hope of making it appear more attractive. I don't know for a fact that Amazon does it but from history we know that their sales charts deviate radically from the charts of tracking services.