By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Playstation Vita sales explosion!

Tagged games:

Ronster316 said:
Vita games high on an amazon list during a game drought for HD consoles........ hardly impressive.

Game drought...?

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

I posted this before but I don't knoe the exact figures.
Amazon's marketshare in gaming is about 2-3%. Hardly worth mentioning, although these numbers are around 12 months old, so maybe it has gone up to 4%...

Mass Effect 3 for Xbox stills 1st.

At least now, well i guess we´ll have to wait till NPD to know how Vita did.

Dont be surprised if we dont see any Vita games in Top10.

Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:
Vita games high on an amazon list during a game drought for HD consoles........ hardly impressive.

Game drought...?

Yes, a game drought.............. or are a HD remake of MGS and a rehashed Twisted metal going to be multi million sellers?

it's dead out there right now............. even Neverdead has half a chance of selling a copy or 3.

Ronster316 said:
Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:

Game drought...?

Yes, a game drought.............. or are a HD remake of MGS and a rehashed Twisted metal going to be multi million sellers?

it's dead out there right now............. even Neverdead has half a chance of selling a copy or 3.

"Drought" suggests there's nothing out there

"MGS and Twisted metal" suggests there is, sure they aren't million sellers (I seriously hate that elitism that suggests if a game doesn't sell over a million in 2 seconds, it's not worth the attention.) Additionally, it's not like every game that has been released prior to this week suddenly stop existing in shops. Not everyone buys their games day one. Which is something that people ALWAYS forget when a new game or console releases, not everyone will buy day one.

I think a better arguement would have been, it's a new console on the eve of its release, of course it's going to be popular, not "there's nothing else to buy so everyone else might as well buy these." are you suggesting that Lumines on the Vita is a Million seller that's why it's doing well on this chart?

And as someone said earlier in the thread, this is just Amazon, it doesn't mean anything with regards to the grander scheme of things. "Game droughts" are a myth in my opinion and there isn't one right now.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Around the Network

Wh1pL4shL1ve_007 said:

Well... lets hope that this is not only because of the recent release of the vita.

Hope it stays like this or some thing relevant

How else would you explain this?

As much as I hate threads drawing major conclusions from Amazon rankings, I will take this small victory for PSVita. Yaay! 

*Walks away forever*

Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:
Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:

Game drought...?

"Drought" suggests there's nothing out there

"MGS and Twisted metal" suggests there is, sure they aren't million sellers (I seriously hate that elitism that suggests if a game doesn't sell over a million in 2 seconds, it's not worth the attention.) Additionally, it's not like every game that has been released prior to this week suddenly stop existing in shops. Not everyone buys their games day one. Which is something that people ALWAYS forget when a new game or console releases, not everyone will buy day one.

I think a better arguement would have been, it's a new console on the eve of its release, of course it's going to be popular, not "there's nothing else to buy so everyone else might as well buy these." are you suggesting that Lumines on the Vita is a Million seller that's why it's doing well on this chart?

And as someone said earlier in the thread, this is just Amazon, it doesn't mean anything with regards to the grander scheme of things. "Game droughts" are a myth in my opinion and there isn't one right now.

i'm just saying........... vita launch games aside theres not much happening out there in the gaming world....... RE: Revelations has been out a good 2-3 weeks now and there's very little happening on the HD consoles of note.

Perhaps vita games are doing ok, but seeing everyday (hardly out of amazons top 20) stuff like xbox 12 month subscriptions and MS points cards up there with vita launc games hardly fills me with optimism for the vita.

Ronster316 said:
Ajescent said:
Ronster316 said:

Game drought...?

Go and buy Sega's Binary Domain. It's looking quite good :)

5420% of 10 is 542

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix