By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting sick of open world games?

Tagged games:

Qustion is in the title

Yes 34 24.82%

No 85 62.04%

I used to be, but then I ... 10 7.30%

^That rhymes 6 4.38%

Total:135
oniyide said:
Zlejedi said:
I dislike them with passion nothing is synonimous with boredom like open world game for me.

I want my games to be an interactive story and you can't make good story in open world game.

Arkham City says hi

Oblivion, Fallout 3, GTA4, Far Cry 2 say hi

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

No but im sick of broken game right out of the box

Yep, i'm a girl

Not really, but I am sick of how overrated some of them are - like Red Dead Redemption.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

No. Don't really dislike linear either. I start to hate things when it's at the point that I'm being dragged along a straight path with no real freedom except whether an action or fight was performed successfully or won or I lose the game. At that point I might as well just watch a movie. This was my main gripe with FFXIII and Uncharted 2.

4 ≈ One

Zlejedi said:
oniyide said:
Zlejedi said:
I dislike them with passion nothing is synonimous with boredom like open world game for me.

I want my games to be an interactive story and you can't make good story in open world game.

Arkham City says hi

Oblivion, Fallout 3, GTA4, Far Cry 2 say hi

That didnt really dispute my Arkham City claim now did it???  GTA4 story is not good becasue its simply not good. The past ones have actually had decent yarns. Far Cry2, never played. Oblivion and Fallout 3?  Ill give you those

Around the Network

It's been a while since I've played and beaten an entire open world game. I think the last one was The Saboteur. GTAIV was the other one and I really enjoyed both of them. I guess it all drums to down to me liking linear levels just because I like their level designs better. Open worlds usually feel like a collection of things the dev did and gives you the option to go do them as opposed to refining them. I haven't seen open world game that's matched the best hack and slash or shooters out there. That said, I might be getting Crackdown 2 sometime down the line just for the traveling orbs. It'd be ironic since I never finished the first one on account that I got a little bored but Iove platforming and I felt like this one embraced it like nobody's business when I tried the demo.