By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you getting sick of open world games?

Tagged games:

Qustion is in the title

Yes 34 24.82%

No 85 62.04%

I used to be, but then I ... 10 7.30%

^That rhymes 6 4.38%

Total:135

Hell no dude I can play GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc. for hours doing literally nothing story wise...just going around killing/driving/stealing, etc.

I love open world.

Around the Network

As long as the open world the devs build has plenty of engaging gameplay/quests/tasks then I don't see how you can tire of them.

A good example would be the difference between Assassins Creed 1 & 2.

Not at all, I can't wait for GTAV.

Why would I be tired of open world games? I can't get enough of the vast explorations as it is!

Marks said:
Hell no dude I can play GTA4, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3, Skyrim, etc. for hours doing literally nothing story wise...just going around killing/driving/stealing, etc.

I love open world.

Same here.

I adore open world.

Around the Network

I am happy for the poll results so far! The vast majority has voted no.

Elder Scrolls, Red Dead, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Assassin's Creed, Crysis, Fallout, Mount & Blade, Two Worlds, Dark Souls, GTA, Dead Island, Risen.

So many of my favorite game series are open world. I feel blessed that so many developers choose the open world the design.

Hell no!!!!!!!! freedom of choice baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not at all, so long as they are good keep them coming.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

If its open world at the expense of story OH GOD YES!!!!!,

If the two can co-exist then I have no problem with open world games, the prevailing open world watered down 'make your own tale by going wherever you want' affairs make stories so awful, tedious & bland its not even worth the time playing them imo. Even one ofr two real fleshed out characters would be nice, and a villian who isnt an unexplained-in-motive (besides "hes evil") sorceror or dragon.

Havent tried kingdoms of amalur or the witcher 2 yet, hoping one of those will break the usual sea of mistakes (imo of course, this whole statement is just my opinion) that commonly exist in these titles.

& it definitely can be done, Final Fantasy 12 is my favourite game &that is open world, but it has a strong overaching story with developed characters & a villain who is quite understandable in his actions (& not a sorceror or dragon).

Come on kingdoms of amalur & the witcher 2! I have hope!

PLAYSTATION NATION LADY OF JRPGS

Favourite Games of 2013 1.Tomb Raider(PS3) 2.Atelier Ayesha(PS3) 3.Virtues Last Reward (Vita)

i like exploring

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur