By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Global Economy Crisis Chatroom

theprof00 said:
HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:
This thread is hilarious. US currency dropping like a stone.

I'll see you here in two years, then. And I'll bet you 1000$ dollars that you're wrong.

Yeah, that's such a good bet based on the past ... After all, the Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Yen, and Swiss Franc have performed so poorly against the American dollar for the past decade; and the fact that the only currencies performing as poorly as the American Dollar (Euro and British Pound) represent regions that are in dire economic straights is not a bad sign for the American Dollar.

Declining? Yes. I can see that happening a little for a few years to come. But the armageddon-style bottoming out going on in this thread is laughable.

America isn't going to just collapse. Be reasonable.

Lots of countries have gone through what America will likely face, but it is not a pretty picture ... Argentian's economic crisis of 1999 to 2002 is probably the best parallel.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

I went to a public school. I know it's not that good. But I trust the gov more than I trust some of the poeple who live here. At least with the government, all I have to worry about is corruption and quality. With people I have so much more to worry about.

Such as?

I really don't understand this mindset. "I don't trust people. I trust the government." Who comprises the government if not people?

badgenome said:
theprof00 said:

I went to a public school. I know it's not that good. But I trust the gov more than I trust some of the poeple who live here. At least with the government, all I have to worry about is corruption and quality. With people I have so much more to worry about.

Such as?

I really don't understand this mindset. "I don't trust people. I trust the government." Who comprises the government if not people?

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:
HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:

I'll see you here in two years, then. And I'll bet you 1000$ dollars that you're wrong.

Yeah, that's such a good bet based on the past ... After all, the Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Yen, and Swiss Franc have performed so poorly against the American dollar for the past decade; and the fact that the only currencies performing as poorly as the American Dollar (Euro and British Pound) represent regions that are in dire economic straights is not a bad sign for the American Dollar.

Declining? Yes. I can see that happening a little for a few years to come. But the armageddon-style bottoming out going on in this thread is laughable.

Lots of countries have gone through what America will likely face, but it is not a pretty picture ... Argentian's economic crisis of 1999 to 2002 is probably the best parallel.

You use the word likely. Care to explain? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

America has a lot of cost cutting it could be doing. There is a lot of fat to trim (literally. Half our medicare and medicaid costs are likely weight related illness).

badgenome said:
theprof00 said:

Such as?

When did I say I trusted the government in the way you describe?

I trust the government to be greedy and inept. But I don't trust people who want to be out from under the government's eyes.

Here's this statistic.

7% of girls in grades 5-8 and 12% of girls in grades 9-12 said they had been sexually abused.4

34.2% of attackers were family members.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims

Yep, I don't trust people

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
badgenome said:
theprof00 said:

Such as?

Paul/Piper 2012!

theprof00 said:
HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:
HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:

You use the word likely. Care to explain? I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this.

America has a lot of cost cutting it could be doing. There is a lot of fat to trim (literally. Half our medicare and medicaid costs are likely weight related illness).

For a wide variety of political reasons, the cuts that are needed to reduce the deficit of the federal government are not likely to be made in the near future; which pretty much means that you can expect $1+ Trillion deficits until 2016 at the earliest. There are many countries that are in as bad or worse shape than the United States of America and, while you will see many large institutions kick the can down the road, many of them will (probably) default on their debt in the next few years. This will result in a massive re-evaluation of the risk associated with government debt, and the prices will shift. In order for the United States to maintain their spending levels the federal reserve will be forced to engage in quantitive easing (printing money to buy government debt) resulting in rampant inflation.

theprof00 said:

lol that's almost a win-win situation for you. Either you get $1000 dollars or the currency will be worthless as shit and the other person can't even buy a cookie for $1000.

OT:
Germany here and we have a huge problem with procreation. Think last year was the first in about five years where we actually saw an increase in population and that is only thanks to higher immigration. Therefore I have absolutely no respect for couples who don't want children.
Due to continuously declining unemployment, we already have a lack of professionals in many sections and this will only increase, so we probably need even more immigrants with a higher education to keep our economy maintain momentum.
Personally, I'm not too worried about the €-crisis.

theprof00 said:

$1000 would have alot less val;ue after 2 years

anybody can make money but it needs to have value

Mostly directed to theprof00...

I don't know how anyone can trust our government when they are blatantly trying to get rid of all of our rights. Patriot Act, NDAA, and Obama signing an internet bill even worse than SOPA. People try to protest and are being arrested even when most are peaceful in nature. Are we not allowed the rights to assemble and petition anymore? Oh right, with NDAA we don't really have any rights... It is pretty obvious that our government cares more about bankers and other global elite than they ever cared about us. Also, thinking that the US is "too big to fail" is pretty naive. Look back at history too all the great empires over time and you can see that they all fail because they try to spread their empire over too many places. With over 900 bases around the world I think it is safe to say the US will follow suit. Why do we have to police the world? Let everyone handle their own problems while we take care of our own...

At least Ron Paul genuinely cares for the American people and respects the constitution. He wants to end all of these "endless" wars and only go to war the proper way; then win it and go home. He wants to cut 1 trillion year one  (real cuts), gradually eliminate the federal reserve and go back to a gold standard, reduce taxes down to as far as he can, and so on and so forth... Why does he receive 70% of military donations? Why is the main stream media ignoring him? Why does Ron Paul never get any time to speak in debates? Why are all these caucuses and primaries riddled with voter fraud in every state? Ron Paul don't want to turn America into China; such a statement is ridiculous. He wants to limit the primary role of the federal government to only protecting its citizens rights. The States can handle almost everything else and do a better job at it. States have to have a balanced budget while the Fed can just keep printing more money... If everyone did a little research the choice would be obvious. If not Ron Paul, then who?

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089