By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Global Economy Crisis Chatroom

This thread is hilarious. US currency dropping like a stone.

I'll see you here in two years, then. And I'll bet you 1000$ dollars that you're wrong.

Around the Network

The United States has an employment to population ratio that is 57.8% and an unemployment rate of 22.5% (when you use the pre-1992 calculation), with a debt-to-gdp ratio above 100% and a deficit that is nearly 10% of GDP, and inflation above 6% (when you use the pre-1990 calculation). The government is growing in complexity and there is an constantly increasing cost of doing buisness in America, and this can be demonstrated simply by examining the complexity of the tax code which has grown from 8,200 pages in 1945 to 71,684 pages in 2010.

I'm from Sweden.

Here we have few to zero economical problems as we are not part of the euro currency. Our greatest problem is probably how to pay the upcoming elder in the future, so yeah...

Currently, our government believes that the only way to pay off the elder is to keep importing people from other countries who then pays taxes. Guess how well that plan is working out?

We had our first suicide bomber one and a half year ago plus an insanely increasing crime rate and there will be more until this madness ends!

leatherhat said:
theprof00 said:

Yes. Say I work really hard to get into a really tough school. My diploma is worth just as much as someone who got homeschooled to, likely, a public school level.

You're just innocent leather. You think the average person is the paradigm of model citizenry and intelligence.

So many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. If you worked to get into a really tough high school (AKA your parents paid a lot), your diploma would be of equal value to a public school one in the eyes of the government. No reason why a homeschool diploma shouldn't be the same. A diploma from a shitty inner city school and a nice suburban one might be less prestigious in the eyes of college recruitment, but they are both equally valid in the eyes of the government. As they well should be. 

The bolded is the exact opposite of what I believe. 

Except, not, because teachers have regulations on what they can teach.

I have a homeschooled friend whose family is scientologists and she is probably the dumbest person I've ever met.

I have a second friend who is Christian and homsechooled. She was taught that black people have extra muscles in their legs.

theprof00 said:

I'll see you here in two years, then. And I'll bet you 1000$ dollars that you're wrong.

Yeah, that's such a good bet based on the past ... After all, the Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Yen, and Swiss Franc have performed so poorly against the American dollar for the past decade; and the fact that the only currencies performing as poorly as the American Dollar (Euro and British Pound) represent regions that are in dire economic straights is not a bad sign for the American Dollar.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:
theprof00 said:

Yes. Say I work really hard to get into a really tough school. My diploma is worth just as much as someone who got homeschooled to, likely, a public school level.

You're just innocent leather. You think the average person is the paradigm of model citizenry and intelligence.

So many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. If you worked to get into a really tough high school (AKA your parents paid a lot), your diploma would be of equal value to a public school one in the eyes of the government. No reason why a homeschool diploma shouldn't be the same. A diploma from a shitty inner city school and a nice suburban one might be less prestigious in the eyes of college recruitment, but they are both equally valid in the eyes of the government. As they well should be. 

The bolded is the exact opposite of what I believe. 

Except, not, because teachers have regulations on what they can teach.

I have a homeschooled friend whose family is scientologists and she is probably the dumbest person I've ever met.

I have a second friend who is Christian and homsechooled. She was taught that black people have extra muscles in their legs.

I'd bet dollars to donuts that public schools crank out dumb kids at a much better clip than home schools. And they DO have regualtions, they have to pass standardized tests and those type of things as well. You should as Mr. stickball about it in the other thread, I'm sure he knows more than I do.

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I'm from Sweden.

Here we have few to zero economical problems as we are not part of the euro currency. Our greatest problem is probably how to pay the upcoming elder in the future, so yeah...

Currently, our government believes that the only way to pay off the elder is to keep importing people from other countries who then pays taxes. Guess how well that plan is working out?

We had our first suicide bomber one and a half year ago plus an insanely increasing crime rate and there will be more until this madness ends!

Don't vote for pro immigration officials, pump out kids. Sweden's problems are solved.

Time for hype

HappySqurriel said:
theprof00 said:

Yeah, that's such a good bet based on the past ... After all, the Australian Dollar, Canadian Dollar, Yen, and Swiss Franc have performed so poorly against the American dollar for the past decade; and the fact that the only currencies performing as poorly as the American Dollar (Euro and British Pound) represent regions that are in dire economic straights is not a bad sign for the American Dollar.

Declining? Yes. I can see that happening a little for a few years to come. But the armageddon-style bottoming out going on in this thread is laughable.

America isn't going to just collapse. Be reasonable.

leatherhat said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I'm from Sweden.

Don't vote for pro immigration officials, pump out kids. Sweden's problems are solved.

That's the main problem. Out of eight parties with influence there is one lone party that's being completely disconnected from the others and that isn't pro immigration. And it got 5,7% of the votes last election :(

My sig makes a very good point...

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
leatherhat said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
I'm from Sweden.

That's the main problem. Out of eight parties with influence there is one lone party that's being completely disconnected from the others and that isn't pro immigration. And it got 5,7% of the votes last election :(

My sig makes a very good point...

I don't know then, just try to spread the word I guess. 

Time for hype