By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Global Economy Crisis Chatroom

theprof00 said:
thranx said:
theprof00 said:
supermario128 said:
theprof00 said:
Oh, boy.

Things aren't nearly as dire as you think.
Housing market is trending to rise this year. There's a turnaround coming, and with that, the rest of the world will lift.

No. Things are, in fact, much worse then what you want to believe. It is only a matter of time until the Dollar, and all other paper currencies not backed by anything, will fail. You can look back to any time in history and see this. The fact is, that when you base your currency on a perception of value instead of actual value then the currency will continue to lose its value over time until it really isn't worth anything, except for its weight in paper. This is exactly why we need to go back to the gold standard, because gold always has value and that will never change. You can't produce more gold from thin air like you can with our fiat dollar. The government counterfeits every day and that is OK, but if we ever tried to do so it is illegal? Oh, and once the dollar fails it will be immediate with no real forewarning and everyone will be left wondering, "What happened?"....

I do have hope that Ron Paul could change things, but it may already be too late. :/

He's for giving homeschooling families 7k per year to teach their own kids. How fucked up is that?

You mean reimbursing them for their school costs that they payed for through taxes but do not recieve the benifit? How evil is that.

You do not spend 7k a year in taxes for kids to go to school.
And furthermore, kids SHOULD be in school. They should be learning with OTHER kids, interacting with strangers and other people and adjusting to society. school is where kids learn AND grow socially and societally.

Furthermore, your point is invalid because the stipend doesn't extend to private school. I can claim the 7k if I teach them myself, but not if I send them to private school. It is a crazy world when people think they deserve to be paid for teaching their own kids, which I would call complete and utter neglect.

AND further furthermore, he wants to dismantle public schooling completely. So how is your point even relevant when no taxes would even go to public schools that don't exist?

i never read his points, just what you said. How much does a school spend to teach a child in a year? Is that tax money not intented to help the kids? Should they not have access to that money to get the best education, wether it be public, private or home schooling? Whats wrong with that?

The rest is all your opinion. Maybe you should take a look at some public schools, especially in cities were kids seem to not learn, not graduate, and not be safe at school.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
thranx said:
theprof00 said:
supermario128 said:
theprof00 said:
Oh, boy.

Housing market is trending to rise this year. There's a turnaround coming, and with that, the rest of the world will lift.

No. Things are, in fact, much worse then what you want to believe. It is only a matter of time until the Dollar, and all other paper currencies not backed by anything, will fail. You can look back to any time in history and see this. The fact is, that when you base your currency on a perception of value instead of actual value then the currency will continue to lose its value over time until it really isn't worth anything, except for its weight in paper. This is exactly why we need to go back to the gold standard, because gold always has value and that will never change. You can't produce more gold from thin air like you can with our fiat dollar. The government counterfeits every day and that is OK, but if we ever tried to do so it is illegal? Oh, and once the dollar fails it will be immediate with no real forewarning and everyone will be left wondering, "What happened?"....

I do have hope that Ron Paul could change things, but it may already be too late. :/

He's for giving homeschooling families 7k per year to teach their own kids. How fucked up is that?

You mean reimbursing them for their school costs that they payed for through taxes but do not recieve the benifit? How evil is that.

You do not spend 7k a year in taxes for kids to go to school.
And furthermore, kids SHOULD be in school. They should be learning with OTHER kids, interacting with strangers and other people and adjusting to society. school is where kids learn AND grow socially and societally.

Furthermore, your point is invalid because the stipend doesn't extend to private school. I can claim the 7k if I teach them myself, but not if I send them to private school. It is a crazy world when people think they deserve to be paid for teaching their own kids, which I would call complete and utter neglect.

AND further furthermore, he wants to dismantle public schooling completely. So how is your point even relevant when no taxes would even go to public schools that don't exist?

1. A good parent who teaches their children is undoubtedly more effective than the public education system. 

2. Getting rid of centralized control and giving it back to states and local communities =/= aboloshing the public school system 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

thranx said:

i never read his points, just what you said. How much does a school spend to teach a child in a year? Is that tax money not intented to help the kids? Should they not have access to that money to get the best education, wether it be public, private or home schooling? Whats wrong with that?

The rest is all your opinion. Maybe you should take a look at some public schools, especially in cities were kids seem to not learn, not graduate, and not be safe at school.

I went to a public school. I know it's not that good. But I trust the gov more than I trust some of the poeple who live here. At least with the government, all I have to worry about is corruption and quality. With people I have so much more to worry about.

And yes, it is my opinion that kids should be in school interacting with people their own age. IMO it is healthy, and IMO homeschooling is not healthy.

leatherhat said:

1. A good parent who teaches their children is undoubtedly more effective than the public education system. 

2. Getting rid of centralized control and giving it back to states and local communities =/= aboloshing the public school system 

And that right there is the main qualifier that makes this whole thing fucked up.

Yes, he does want to get rid of public schools. CAn't find the source but it used ot be there on his website.

"*  Help parents better educate their children by providing parents with a $5,000 per child tax credit for tutors, books, computers, and other K-12 related educational needs.

*  Ensure that the federal government treats high school diplomas earned through homeschooling the same as other high school diplomas."

theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:

And that right there is the main qualifier that makes this whole thing fucked up.

Yes, he does want to get rid of public schools. CAn't find the source but it used ot be there on his website.

"*  Help parents better educate their children by providing parents with a $5,000 per child tax credit for tutors, books, computers, and other K-12 related educational needs.

*  Ensure that the federal government treats high school diplomas earned through homeschooling the same as other high school diplomas."

You trust the government to do a better job? As for the bolded, I'm not sure what you're trying to say- are you quoting that as a negative or something?

Time for hype

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:

You trust the government to do a better job? As for the bolded, I'm not sure what you're trying to say- are you quoting that as a negative or something?

Yes. Say I work really hard to get into a really tough school. My diploma is worth just as much as someone who got homeschooled to, likely, a public school level.

You're just innocent leather. You think the average person is the paradigm of model citizenry and intelligence.

spurgeonryan said:
I am from America.

We are in massive debt. Hopefully we can get the debt to go down over time. Cutting the defense budget is a good start I think.

US is not going to improve

Dollar will start dropping like a ston ein the next 2 years

you have 15$ trillion of debt which is unpayable.

theprof00 said:
Oh, boy.

housing market won't rise

prices jst don't rise like that.USA is brankrupt

the government is filled with cocksuckers of bankers

war over natural resources seems to be drawing near. every person on earth is in deep sh!t

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:
theprof00 said:
leatherhat said:

Yes. Say I work really hard to get into a really tough school. My diploma is worth just as much as someone who got homeschooled to, likely, a public school level.

You're just innocent leather. You think the average person is the paradigm of model citizenry and intelligence.

So many things wrong with this post I don't know where to begin. If you worked to get into a really tough high school (AKA your parents paid a lot), your diploma would be of equal value to a public school one in the eyes of the government. No reason why a homeschool diploma shouldn't be the same. A diploma from a shitty inner city school and a nice suburban one might be less prestigious in the eyes of college recruitment, but they are both equally valid in the eyes of the government. As they well should be. 

The bolded is the exact opposite of what I believe. 

Time for hype