By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How close will PS3/X360 come to lifetime Wii sales?

Current lifetime shipments (rounded)

Wii - 95m
X360 - 66m (29m gap)
PS3 - 62m (33m gap)

2011 shipments (rounded)

Wii - 10m
X360 - 15m (5m gain)
PS3 - 14m (4m gain)

Going by previous years, Wii is dropping at the rate of about 5m a year. FY08 25 > 20 > 15 > 10. Now this doesn't mean 5m is a shoe in, but anything over 7m is unlikely, given those yearly drops, even less SW this year than last, X360 cut (First in what will be 4 years, Kinect bundle at mass market price) and possibly a PS3 cut (mass market price finally) along with WiiU.

PS3 and X360 could and may well slump as well, given they have a steady stream of SW, significant cuts to come, and no successor coming out this holiday, it's unlikely they'll drop as hard as the Wii. I guess anywhere from 12 - 15m for both. So potential of 5m - 10m gains for PS360.

2013 onwards it's guesswork how all 3 will do.

I reckon both will come within 15m of the Wii though.

Around the Network

Xbox360 - 14 million gap
Ps3 - 16 million gap

dont know dont care because once wii u has come out its to late! just like we dont count ps2 any more

spurgeonryan said:
We do care about the PS2 because even though this seems like it may actually be its last year, the DS is still close to it from what I have seen. So it will be interesting to see how far the PS2 can still go and how close the DS can still get to it. Also is there not one more game coming out soon for the PS2? A baseball game I believe. That is amazing!

YOU ARE INSANE!!!

goldeneye0074eva2222 said:
dont know dont care because once wii u has come out its to late! just like we dont count ps2 any more

Too late for what? I didn't say it would mean anything, I just asked how close they would come.

Around the Network

Not close at all.

blkfish92 said:
Not close at all.

Compared with the previous gen I'd say this will end up pretty fucking close.

PS2 >150 mil

XB ~ 24 mil

THAT'S A 126 MILLION GAP!

Not much closer before the next generation starts. After that, both PS3 and X360 may end 20 or less million behind.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Well, let's see... I think the Wii will sell around 110m LT. The PS3 and 360 are harder to predict, there are a lot of unknown factors (for example, we don't know anything about their successors), but I think they'll both sell between 90m-110m LT (perhaps I'm a bit optimistic about that). So I guess it could be very close in the end, I predict it'll be around 10m.

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
blkfish92 said:
Not close at all.

Compared with the previous gen I'd say this will end up pretty fucking close.

PS2 >150 mil

XB ~ 24 mil

THAT'S A 126 MILLION GAP!

LOL