By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How close will PS3/X360 come to lifetime Wii sales?

This thread proves that the people here are peanutty more than in proves any future direction for console sales!

Not that being peanutty is a bad thing, peanut butter for instance is better because of it's nuttiness though you wouldn't take it seriously if it pretended to be glue or a blutack substitute, would you?

Tease.

Around the Network

I reckon pretty close:

LT:

Wii- 105-115mil
PS3- 90-95mil (Around 20mil behind)
350- 90-100mil (Around 20mil behind)

So anywhere between 15 and 20mil will seperate all the consoles in the end I think.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Zlejedi said:
Mummelmann said:
I could have sworn that the Wii was supposed another two 20 million selling years on the market...

OT: Hard to say, depends on where the Wii ends up and when the Nextbox and PS4 arrive. A gap of around 20 million is not unfathomable since the Wii won't end up selling a whole lot over 100 million lifetime.

Isn't it a bit too optimistic to think PS3 and X360 will outsell Wii by 20 milions ?

The Wii on top, of course. To suggest otherwise would be silly. Its still amazing to see how much things have changed the past three years and how many people were dead wrong. I had a huge list of old threads I was going to post in a summary thread about past arguments and predictions (lost my bookmarks when I had to reinstall Windows), such incredibly huge amounts of crow to serve all over. Then again, I'll survive without having done it...

Mummelmann said:
Zlejedi said:
Mummelmann said:
I could have sworn that the Wii was supposed another two 20 million selling years on the market...

OT: Hard to say, depends on where the Wii ends up and when the Nextbox and PS4 arrive. A gap of around 20 million is not unfathomable since the Wii won't end up selling a whole lot over 100 million lifetime.

Isn't it a bit too optimistic to think PS3 and X360 will outsell Wii by 20 milions ?

The Wii on top, of course. To suggest otherwise would be silly. Its still amazing to see how much things have changed the past three years and how many people were dead wrong. I had a huge list of old threads I was going to post in a summary thread about past arguments and predictions (lost my bookmarks when I had to reinstall Windows), such incredibly huge amounts of crow to serve all over. Then again, I'll survive without having done it...

So you think Wii U release will criple PS3/X360 sales and won't have any effect on Wii itself ?

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Zlejedi said:
Mummelmann said:
Zlejedi said:
Mummelmann said:

So you think Wii U release will criple PS3/X360 sales and won't have any effect on Wii itself ?

No, where did you get that idea? What I'm basically saying is that the PS360 - Wii gap will shrink from 30-33 million to around 20 million for both HD consoles before the end of the generation. I'm actually saying the exact opposite.