By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 06/02 ~ 12/02

Gran Turismo 5... over 12k.

Around the Network

Sony needs to get some solid release dates on upcoming titles and hype them massively. Nintendo has done well on this front with the 3DS and Sony needs to do the same with the Vita.

I think the vita sales are good considering there is no popular Japanese games released for it yet (monster hunter style popular). I thought it would be selling ~4k per week at his stage tbh.

MontanaHatchet said:
Sony needs to get some solid release dates on upcoming titles and hype them massively. Nintendo has done well on this front with the 3DS and Sony needs to do the same with the Vita.

agreed.

ethomaz said:
Bruno Muñoz said:
3DS (first 2 weeks in the market) --- 584,387 units sold.

PS Vita (8 weeks in the market) --- 566,503 units sold.

Can you make the same comparison with DS and PSP?

Yes.

NDS (2 weeks) --- 667,775

PSP (8 weeks) --- 749,854

Around the Network
radishhead said:
I don't understand- is Love Plus a big franchise or something? I've never heard of it until now.. am I missing out? xD

Love plus isn't a big franchise however it has an EXTREMELY dedicated fanbase. The first game opened at 46k but ended up at 260k which is very good legs for a Japanese title. It then got an upgraded version. Not a sequel mind you simply a reworking of the same game with some added bits. That opened to 97k first week and also ended up at 230k. Basically a pretty substantial amount of the userbase bought the game over again.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if New Love Plus managed to open at around 100k first week and ended up around 250k. 

Turkish says and I'm allowed to quote that: Uncharted 3 and God Of War 3 look better than Unreal Engine 4 games will or the tech demo does. Also the Naughty Dog PS3 ENGINE PLAYS better than the UE4 ENGINE.

Bruno Muñoz said:
ethomaz said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Yes.

Can you find me the lowest PSP sales for a week, and what is PS3 8 week total.

Vita is almost dead in Japan, even with a game like Gravity Daze out there. Next week vita will be lower than 10k?

Acevil said:
Bruno Muñoz said:
ethomaz said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Yes.

Can you find me the lowest PSP sales for a week, and what is PS3 8 week total.

hm, and 3DS had no big title on its launch either

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Bruno Muñoz said:
ethomaz said:
Bruno Muñoz said:

Yes.

Thanks... the drop is for all (3DS and Vita) but the difference is bigger in PSP/Vita comparision.

Seems like no handheld will sell like the predecessor in Japan... I expect that change soon.