By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 06/02 ~ 12/02

So even Gravity Daze can't shift Vitas shame really because it looks like the best release window game.

Around the Network
Wagram said:
Acevil said:
Wagram said:
They need Final Fantasy, and Monster Hunter. I hope Sony has them both secured because Vita is looking a little slow at this point.

It already has a Final Fantasy game, and Monster Hunter will most likely be within the course of two years. 

Which? A PSP port? That's not exactly what I would call a Vita release.

Final Fantasy X! :P 

Acevil said:
Wagram said:
They need Final Fantasy, and Monster Hunter. I hope Sony has them both secured because Vita is looking a little slow at this point.

It already has a Final Fantasy game, and Monster Hunter will most likely be within the course of two years. 

Yeah but FF X is multiplat with the PS3, the effect will be limited on both platforms I guess. It needs big exclusive like GT, KH, FF, Monster Hunter etc.

And ofcourse, invest in new IP's. Handheld gamers seem to like 2D platformers...

Good stuff

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Sony sells more replacement PS2s than Microsoft sell 360s.

Good opening for the Suiko Spinoff.

Around the Network

3DS still over 50% marketshare, but it's dropping fast...guess the holiday was not a good indication for the performance in the Q1.

Strange to see Vita that low with a new game over 40k (possibly 50k with DD)...it could mean Vita still has not touched the bottom.

CURRENTLY PLAYING: Xenoblade (Wii), Super mario 3D land (3DS), Guild Wars (PC)

3DS is holding pretty well. The rest is bleh, except for Soul Calibur V, which is a disaster.

Buzzi said:
3DS still over 50% marketshare, but it's dropping fast...guess the holiday was not a good indication for the performance in the Q1.

Strange to see Vita that low with a new game over 40k (possibly 50k with DD)...it could mean Vita still has not touched the bottom.

No worry,3ds will receive a huge pump from  new love plus and music final fantasy(sorry,forgot the name) next week.

Vita number is worrisome,even with impressive gravity daze 's opening,it's still dropping hard.

spurgeonryan said:
The Vita may not be selling any better, but it is nice to see a vita game do that well. Now if only it did not hag the PSP to compete with. The good thing about the DS even though they are the same price in omen placed s is that there are few big hams still coming for it. So people have no reason to not buy the 3DS. PSP has a big game every week over there it seems. So not only is Nintendo being ruthless with their timing and business strategy, but Sony is basically doing the same thing to itself!

Nintendo was ruthless with the timing of 3DS release???

Really?

DS was clearly over its peak years, even PSP was selling better or on par with DS in Japan.

The timing was superp, imho. Not dropping the price of DS is a strategie we could discuss about.

PSP is dead outside of Japan, so the launch of the successor Vita was inevitable.

Am i dead wrong????

resident evil is big flop , glad see GT5 return in the japan...