By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives vs. Wii exclusives

Which console has the best exclusives?

Xbox 360 101 14.45%

PS3 405 57.94%

Wii 191 27.32%

Total:697
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The Wii hit massive numbers because of casuals, not exclusives. Their exclusives sold well but nowhere near the attach rate of Wii Fit and the like.

Casuals buy the exclusives. And Wii Fit is exclusive.

MIND = BLOWN! 

There are plenty of exclusives on the Wii that havent sold (The majority of the Wii's games). The Wii sold massive numbers because of the casuals. Stop trying to point out the obvious to me. Its over now and the casuals have moved onto the next novelty in the Kinect.

Indeed, the Wii sold massive numbers because of casuals. But what did casuals buy? Exclusives.

I'm not sure if your last sentence is relevant.

It is because the Kinect is going after the same crowd the Wii exposed.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I know its exclusive but it was a reason for sales with the casuals bundled with the Wii.

Bolded for emphasis

Pay attention to when I say attach rate. Need I say bundled for you in an easier manner?

You realize New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii only owe about three million or so sales each to bundles and have curb-stomped the living shit out of Wii Fit in terms of attach rate? Or that the system has 10 games that sold over 10 million?

The Wii's success is due solely to its exclusives. The way you framed that statement earlier seemed to claim that Wii Fit was not an exclusive.

Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I know its exclusive but it was a reason for sales with the casuals bundled with the Wii.

Bolded for emphasis

Pay attention to when I say attach rate. Need I say bundled for you in an easier manner?

You realize New Super Mario Bros. Wii and Mario Kart Wii only owe about three million or so sales each to bundles and have curb-stomped the living shit out of Wii Fit in terms of attach rate? Or that the system has 10 games that sold over 10 million?

The Wii's success is due solely to its exclusives. The way you framed that statement earlier seemed to claim that Wii Fit was not an exclusive.

Um dude...the Wii fit has sold over 76 million copies pretty much(closer to any other title to an 100% attach rate). Wii fit and Mario Kart couldn't even sell half that (because they came later). Nintendo has been reaching those numbers because of bundles since the late 80's. In the 90's all my Nintendo consoles were bundled. Im not knocking Nintendos sales, but a large percentage of their highest sales are attributed to bundles. Mario Karts sales would've been around 10 million at best without a bundle. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

The Wii hit massive numbers because of casuals, not exclusives. Their exclusives sold well but nowhere near the attach rate of Wii Fit and the like.

MIND = BLOWN! 

There are plenty of exclusives on the Wii that havent sold (The majority of the Wii's games). The Wii sold massive numbers because of the casuals. Stop trying to point out the obvious to me. Its over now and the casuals have moved onto the next novelty in the Kinect.

Indeed, the Wii sold massive numbers because of casuals. But what did casuals buy? Exclusives.

You know, if you're going to ignore half of my post, then there's no point in continuing this.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Khuutra said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Um dude...the Wii fit has sold over 76 million copies pretty (closer to any other title to an 100% attach rate). Wii fit and Mario Kart couldn't even sell half that (because they came later). Nintendo has been reaching those numbers because of bundles since the late 80's. In the 90's all my Nintendo consoles were bundled. Im not knocking Nintendos sales, but a large percentage of their highest sales are attributed to bundles. Mario Karts sales would've been around 10 million at best without a bundle. 

....Man have you been calling Wii Sports by the wrong damn name for a day and a half?

Edit: Wait you think Mario Kart owes 20 million sales to bundling? Are you making some kind of joke, here?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Jay520 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

MIND = BLOWN! 

You know, if you're going to ignore half of my post, then there's no point in continuing this.

Thats the point, I didnt ignore it. Im trying to show you why the last sentenceis relevant.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Metallicube said:

Wii = best exclusives

360 = best games

So exclusives aren't games?

come on you can it! just think 5 secondes about what metallcube said and  meant!

ITT: Fanboys arguing about who's a fanboy and who isn't

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

i voted Sony cause not only do they own theirs, they have a wider variety then the other 2, and as a ninty fan, i'm sick of recycled success.

MS has allot of ip we've seen this gen but GEARS is far from something they own. while MS may be (maybe being the key word) able to count on future installments of GEARS, the future of the franchise is far(with the exception of money hating as most of you call) from something MS can control.

srry, just rambling.

Runa216 said:
oniyide said:

yes, exclusive is exclusive is exclusive, unless the PSP version of the SHow is very different than the PS3 version it shouldnt count either. BUt LBP should becasue those two are different games. An exclusive is just that, something you can only play on one platform(legit).

Well the MLB games are similar but different, still not sure what to consider that (doubly so since they're both Sony platforms)  

I really don't wanna take out PC ports becuase that basically guts the 360 exclusive list...to Forza, Project Gotham, Gears, and Halo.  

I'll have to come back with the list of true exclusives (I still kinda like how it's that console only, like, a game that's on 360 that isn't on PS3 or Wii).  

Why not two lists - one with 360/PC and one without?

TBH I've never really bought into the console exclusive - it's always been a way of trying to cut out another platform on cost and create what I believe is an artificial division between console/PC.

I have a 360 and a PC.  I have L4D, Mass Effect, etc. on PC.  Having a 360 is not a requirement to have those games.  An exclusive should mean not available anywhere else. 

But - I accept that a lot of people see some meaning in this arbritary division and it would be interesting to see the difference for 360 without those titles.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...