By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives vs. Wii exclusives

Which console has the best exclusives?

Xbox 360 101 14.45%

PS3 405 57.94%

Wii 191 27.32%

Total:697
Runa216 said:
oniyide said:

yes, exclusive is exclusive is exclusive, unless the PSP version of the SHow is very different than the PS3 version it shouldnt count either. BUt LBP should becasue those two are different games. An exclusive is just that, something you can only play on one platform(legit).

Well the MLB games are similar but different, still not sure what to consider that (doubly so since they're both Sony platforms)  

I really don't wanna take out PC ports becuase that basically guts the 360 exclusive list...to Forza, Project Gotham, Gears, and Halo.  

I'll have to come back with the list of true exclusives (I still kinda like how it's that console only, like, a game that's on 360 that isn't on PS3 or Wii).  

thats all well and good, but so what?? Exclusives are just that exclusives. If some 360 fans get butthurt because you make a list and their favorite console might not have as much exclusives as they believe, thats not your problem.

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
Torillian said:
angrypoolman said:
wii, of course, has the best exclusives. dont get me wrong, ps3 has a bunch.. but they just arent very good. infamous 2 and little big planet 2 are just let downs. and the only good exclusives the ps3 has that doesnt try to copy something nintendo has (little big planet, mod nation racers, 3d dot game heroes) are uncharted and god of war. i would count heavy rain and mgs4 but those are more like movies.

anyways, im sure i missed some good ps3 exclusives, but even if i remembered them, it would not make a difference because nintendo owns.

even if you look at downloadable games, nintendo has that on lock. a link to the past and super metroid alone destroy anything that could be downloaded on either the ps3 or 360. not to mention chrono trigger, mega mans, zeldas, marios, dkcs, the list just goes on and on.

no matter which way you slice it, nintendo just has the best exclusives for it. there is no argument here.

LBP and MNR are just a platformer and a kart racer, not every kart racer is a copy of Mario Kart and definitely not every platformer is a copy of Mario.  That's just ridiculous.  And 3DDGH is actually a Zelda copy, but it's something the Wii doesn't even have, a new Zelda made in the 2D style.  

BTW looking at downloadable games and saying Nintendo has it on lock is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  A bunch of old ports are not Wii exclusives, that's just a stupid statement.  It boggles my mind that NIntendo is just tossing a bunch of old games on their new console instead of trying to make or get new fantastic games for WW, and not only are you satisfied with that, you're actually elated.  It's insane.  

So yeah, there's an argument to be had with reasonable people willing to try to look at things from other people's points of view, just not with you.  

yeah, he's pretty frustrating to discuss stuff with, no argument there.  Then again I can be a pain, too. 

I personally think that all three systems are close to equal, where Wii has a lot of platform and minigame compilation games, Xbox has a lot of shooters and racers, and PS3 has...a bit of everything.  

Does the WIi really have that much more than the others?? I have heard this, but if you factor in the LIVE/PSN I think there all about even. Braid, Limbo, Rocket Knight, Splosion man, Sideway NY, etc. Im not quite convinced that the Wii has that much more platformers

oniyide said:
Runa216 said:
Torillian said:
angrypoolman said:
wii, of course, has the best exclusives. dont get me wrong, ps3 has a bunch.. but they just arent very good. infamous 2 and little big planet 2 are just let downs. and the only good exclusives the ps3 has that doesnt try to copy something nintendo has (little big planet, mod nation racers, 3d dot game heroes) are uncharted and god of war. i would count heavy rain and mgs4 but those are more like movies.

anyways, im sure i missed some good ps3 exclusives, but even if i remembered them, it would not make a difference because nintendo owns.

even if you look at downloadable games, nintendo has that on lock. a link to the past and super metroid alone destroy anything that could be downloaded on either the ps3 or 360. not to mention chrono trigger, mega mans, zeldas, marios, dkcs, the list just goes on and on.

no matter which way you slice it, nintendo just has the best exclusives for it. there is no argument here.

LBP and MNR are just a platformer and a kart racer, not every kart racer is a copy of Mario Kart and definitely not every platformer is a copy of Mario.  That's just ridiculous.  And 3DDGH is actually a Zelda copy, but it's something the Wii doesn't even have, a new Zelda made in the 2D style.  

BTW looking at downloadable games and saying Nintendo has it on lock is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.  A bunch of old ports are not Wii exclusives, that's just a stupid statement.  It boggles my mind that NIntendo is just tossing a bunch of old games on their new console instead of trying to make or get new fantastic games for WW, and not only are you satisfied with that, you're actually elated.  It's insane.  

So yeah, there's an argument to be had with reasonable people willing to try to look at things from other people's points of view, just not with you.  

yeah, he's pretty frustrating to discuss stuff with, no argument there.  Then again I can be a pain, too. 

I personally think that all three systems are close to equal, where Wii has a lot of platform and minigame compilation games, Xbox has a lot of shooters and racers, and PS3 has...a bit of everything.  

Does the WIi really have that much more than the others?? I have heard this, but if you factor in the LIVE/PSN I think there all about even. Braid, Limbo, Rocket Knight, Splosion man, Sideway NY, etc. Im not quite convinced that the Wii has that much more platformers

yeah, once EVERYTHING is factored in they're all pretty close.  I have to reevaluate the downloads because that will take a while, but I'm fairly certain the Wii still barely comes out on top.  

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

for me xbox 360 has less great exclusives than the ps3 but i still prefer the 360 just because of the controller and i like online more there^^ i will never play a multi-plat game on the ps3 as long as it isn't much better there because i hate this playstation controller. ( i did hate the ps2 controller as well)

so, for me, ps3 exclusives better than 360 but gaming experience on 360 better than ps3.

ah yeah wii has great exclusives as well can't decide if ps3 or wii has the best exclusives.

PS3

Around the Network

PS3 exclusives, had the most fun with them since 2008, before 2008 it was 360 exclusives... wich were timed lol

I pick Wii because I'm biased, but I think that each console has a broad enough margin of games that any one could be picked as a favorite.

Having all three is the best :)

Torillian said:
angrypoolman said:

if a console has something that the other two dont, it is an exclusive. a link to the past and super metroid are exclusives. and they trump any of the 'new' games that are coming out on xbla. sure, shadow complex may be cool to play, but it pales in comparison to super metroid. just because its a new game doesn't mean the exclusive is better. 

you may think what i am saying is insane, and my bias is insane, but thats only your bias getting in the way. you actually said ports of nes and snes games are not wii exclusives. if they cant be played on 360/ps3, then how are they not exclusive? i thought this was a discussion of which current gen console has the best exclusives.

angrypoolman said:

if a console has something that the other two dont, it is an exclusive. a link to the past and super metroid are exclusives. and they trump any of the 'new' games that are coming out on xbla. sure, shadow complex may be cool to play, but it pales in comparison to super metroid. just because its a new game doesn't mean the exclusive is better. 

you may think what i am saying is insane, and my bias is insane, but thats only your bias getting in the way. you actually said ports of nes and snes games are not wii exclusives. if they cant be played on 360/ps3, then how are they not exclusive? i thought this was a discussion of which current gen console has the best exclusives.

And how exactly are games that you can play on previously released consoles exclusive by any stretch of the word?  They're exclusively not on HD consoles, but they are by no means exclusive to Wii.  

And again how can you be happy with such a situation?  Are you telling me you'd rather Nintendo gives you the ability to replay the same game over and over again and give them money for a game you already purchased back in the day over new and innovative titles?  You'd prefer that things like World of Goo step to the side so that you can play SMB 3 again?  I sincerely wish I worked for a company with a userbase that I could sell the same things to over and over again and they'd smile at me like I'm doing them a favor.

Torillian said:
angrypoolman said:

And how exactly are games that you can play on previously released consoles exclusive by any stretch of the word?  They're exclusively not on HD consoles, but they are by no means exclusive to Wii.  

And again how can you be happy with such a situation?  Are you telling me you'd rather Nintendo gives you the ability to replay the same game over and over again and give them money for a game you already purchased back in the day over new and innovative titles?  You'd prefer that things like World of Goo step to the side so that you can play SMB 3 again?  I sincerely wish I worked for a company with a userbase that I could sell the same things to over and over again and they'd smile at me like I'm doing them a favor.

oh, i didnt know we were talking exclusives across every video game platform. in that case, i would say snes has the best exclusives. especially over the ps3 and 360. and im sure a lot of users here would say the ps1 has better exclusives than the ps3 the 360 and the wii.. combined. (thought it was limited to this gen) in that case wii does not have the best downloadable exclusives. i retract my statement.