By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 exclusives vs. PS3 exclusives vs. Wii exclusives

Which console has the best exclusives?

Xbox 360 101 14.45%

PS3 405 57.94%

Wii 191 27.32%

Total:697
BasilZero said:
Wii for obvious reasons lawl

I only bought a PS3 for third party software even though the xbox360 does have some third party support that is exclusive to them, Sony has more Japanese gaming exclusives (i.e. Disgaea , Tales of Graces F, etc).

those are still exclusives, they're just not 1st party exclusives. PS3 has the best 3rd party support for japanese games, especially after the userbase for each system proved that sales for those kinds of games would be poor on any other system and that their fanbase was mostly ps3 gamers.

it's too bad cause some of those games deserved much better sales (Tales, Lost Odyssey, the last story...)

Around the Network

Man, does this poll show who the majority is on this site.. I mean come on people, I think it's pretty clear the Wii has the best exclusives, even if you hate Nintendo. You can certainly argue that the PS3 has the best game library, but the best exclusives? Let's get real :P

Metallicube said:

Man, does this poll show who the majority is on this site.. I mean come on people, I think it's pretty clear the Wii has the best exclusives, even if you hate Nintendo. You can certainly argue that the PS3 has the best game library, but the best exclusives? Let's get real :P

They're focusing on quantity vs quality. That's the problem.

Metallicube said:

Actually, Nintendo and Sony are pretty damn close, overall.  I guess Sony's variety clinches it for most people, compared to Nintendo's reliance on established franchises, whereas the PS3 has created how many new IP's this generation?  Most notably LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted.  there's also Resistance and inFamous, all new IP's this generation.  what new IP's does Nintendo have?  Xenoblade Chronicles aaand....uh...

don't get me wrong, their franchise stuff is really good (mario, donkey kong, zelda, metroid, smash brothers, mariokart, kirby, etc) but there's something inherently exciting about new IP's and Ninteno hasn't brought that for a while. 

And there are no arguments for Xbox's exclusives unless you're a teabaggin master or other form of jock douchebag.  what does it have that's family friendly?  like Viva Pinata :P

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Metallicube said:

some of us dont like mini game comps, we dont care for games that "help" you exsercise, some of us dont go gaga over Mario whatever.

Deal with it

Around the Network
Conegamer said:
Why is this different from the previous thread?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139732&page=1

In the long-run, the results will likely be the same too. So I'll say exactly the same thing I said there here:

"I thought the consensus was Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft?

Nintendo has released games that are iconic and still playable decades later (Mario World, LttP, Fire Emblem etc.), and the ambassadors for the 3DS got to experience this first hand. They're timeless classics.

I just don't see any Halo game or Uncharted game, or any other game by MS or Sony, being remembered the same way as Skyward Sword or Galaxy will be.

Finally, they have the widest range of exclusives IMO. From Mario to Zelda to Metroid to Fire Emblem to Mario Kart to Wii series to Pikmin to Kirby to Donkey Kong to RPG's, and everything else inbetween."

In short, Nintendo. They have more variety, more genres, more games and more HUGE exclusives and names than the other two.

In 20 years, we'll still be talking about Mario, and Zelda, and Pokemon, and Metroid, and many, many others, including those newer IP's (Professor Layton, Wii___ series, Xenoblade). Whereas the original Halo, Uncharted, Gears of War etc. are already fading into mere memories.

In addition, no other system will have exclusives with such selling power. Nintendo have 7 games (Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Fit Plus, Mario Kart Wii and New Super Mario Bros. Wii) above 20 mil, 2 of which are above 30 mil. They also have Brawl above 10 mil and Galaxy will be at 10 mil in a matter of months. That's 9 games which have sold over 10 mil made by Nintendo, whereas no game released by Microsoft or Sony ever (if I'm correct) has reached that number, or come close. Surely that's got to count for something...

One more thing- I feel as though comparing the ranks of Sony and Nintendo to Microsoft is an insult. They are in two completely different leagues, with several leagues between them.

Nintendo>Sony>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Microsoft. End of.

you again. where have you been?

anyway, your link shows a thread where the title is about the King of exclusives, and i can't argue the results. but this thread is talking about the best exclusives, so the results will be different. Sony will win, not ninty.

i agree with allot of your post.

rutea7 said:
that's all personal opinion in the end, for example for me it's the ps3 exclusives because of yakuza, white knight chronicles, valkyrie chronicles, motorstorm and a bunch of games that most people dont really care about and dont sell that much. most of my favourite exclusives are 3rd party.

some people prefer the ps3 for other exclusives that i dont play and others will prefer the nintendo for their 1st party obviously, noone would get a wii without their 1st party lineup. others prefer xbox for their exclusives or exclusive dlc deals.

it's all about what you like to play in the end. so "best" exclusives might not be the best way to phrase it, it's vague and it's just opinion. if the question was most exclusives, wider variety or most exclusives of X genre there could be a conclusive answer cause it would just be a matter of maths. this way it's just opinion against opinion.

this all day.

All 3 offer amazing exclusives.

360 exclusives offers unrivalled co-op, offline and online MP experiences.
PS3 exclusives offer variety, are technical marvels and many are fantastic SP campaigns.
Wii exclusives have that Nintendo magic that consists of bags of charm, nostalgia and are bags of fun.

Being more of a single player gamer myself I think the PS3 is the console most suited to me as it has more exclusives but I do prefer the 360 controller most of the time, I prefer Live and a lot of multi-platform games are just a little bit better on the 360. I sold my Wii as it just didn't interest me any more and I prefer traditional controllers and this gen hardware (Wii hardware technically being last gen).

This is very easy, Nintendo, of course

oniyide said:
Metallicube said:

some of us dont like mini game comps, we dont care for games that "help" you exsercise, some of us dont go gaga over Mario whatever.

Deal with it

Because the only good exclusives Wii has clearly falls under just those three categories.. *rolls eyes*