By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Retro Working on a Title With Hand-Painted Visuals?

miz1q2w3e said:
BlkPaladin said:

WW is celshaded not hand painted, when I hear hand painted I think more along the lines of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. Celshading is just a shading technique with the use of textures and dark lines. (ie It doesn't need to be hand drawen to be celshaded) PSO for the Gamecube used celshading along with traditional texturing, for an example.

Good point, I don't think WW looks that hand painted (maybe the environments, kinda)

...But, Miyamoto said one time that he'd like Retro to make a Zelda or something so who knows

Time to post this again!

Could it be something like this?? If so... 

Awe... some!

I could see that work with 3DS or Wii U. For 3DS i would like to see something original, no more remakes. For Wii U i would definitely play a remake of A Link to The Past!

Hand drawn visuals... hmm... could work well for games like Pikmin, DKCR, Kirby, Yoshi`s Island 3 and... Earthbound?

Around the Network

This is silly.

It's a rumor inside a rumor.

You know you have to confirm one to start another based on that, or not?

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum

It's 100% bull guys. Look at the supposed skill set sought after by Retro:

This information comes from a Ruliweb member that supposedly hunted down this info...

- Retro looking to recruit many FX Artists

- looking specifically for 3D environment artists 

- Retro wants these artists to have talant for hand painted textures 

- also looking for people to assist in translations for better communication with Nintendo

The first underlined contains a typo.

The second is so poorly written. It sounds like it was fabricated by an 8 year-old fanboy, no joke.

Then when you read all our comments and those on mynintendonews, you suddenly feel very stupid. @OP. Maybe, but this article would've had nothing to do with it.

happydolphin said:

It's 100% bull guys. Look at the supposed skill set sought after by Retro:

This information comes from a Ruliweb member that supposedly hunted down this info...

- Retro looking to recruit many FX Artists

- looking specifically for 3D environment artists 

- Retro wants these artists to have talant for hand painted textures 

- also looking for people to assist in translations for better communication with Nintendo

The first underlined contains a typo.

The second is so poorly written. It sounds like it was fabricated by an 8 year-old fanboy, no joke.

Then when you read all our comments and those on mynintendonews, you suddenly feel very stupid. @OP. Maybe, but this article would've had nothing to do with it.

The second isn't poorly written, but it is suspicious for other reasons, namely in that Nintendo of America should not be wanting for translators, and NoA would likely be the ones to supply those people to Retro for such matters.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

It could be the new Mario Paint.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:

............. wow.

Well personally I am betting the title is a new IP. I must partially agree with Rol however a painting based video game would look amazing. But it is highly doubtful the target audience would be North America. Kamikaze did okay.

Though Nintendo likes to innovate and create new original products. So it will be awesome to see a new Retro title. Personally Retro does have a lot of freedoms that other studios do not. I am betting they will create a great game even if isn't a major western title.

Plus you never know this new Retro game could be the next Pokemon or Mario. Something new and unique is always good.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Well personally I am betting the title is a new IP. I must partially agree with Rol however a painting based video game would look amazing. But it is highly doubtful the target audience would be North America. Okami did okay.

Though Nintendo likes to innovate and create new original products. So it will be awesome to see a new Retro title. Personally Retro does have a lot of freedoms that other studios do not. I am betting they will create a great game even if isn't a major western title.

Plus you never know this new Retro game could be the next Pokemon or Mario. Something new and unique is always good.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

spurgeonryan said:
Solid-Stark said:
This could be the Paper Zelda game that was rumored for the 3DS a while back.

Is that a real rumor? or did you make that up.

Haha! No, I remember it being rumored, but I dont remember if it was pre or post 3DS launch. Google it.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Solid-Stark said:
spurgeonryan said:
Solid-Stark said:
This could be the Paper Zelda game that was rumored for the 3DS a while back.

Is that a real rumor? or did you make that up.

Haha! No, I remember it being rumored, but I dont remember if it was pre or post 3DS launch. Google it.

I remember that too...

Spiders den are not for men.

My gaming channel: Stefano and the Spiders.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MultiSpider87?feature=mhum