By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 360 successor features tablet-like controller with HD screen, touch-enabled?

Now where's that guy that tried so hard to fight about Sony copying Nintendo lol

Around the Network

Is this a preview of the April issue by chance? *wink wink*

While I'm sure M$ is hard at work further enhancing Kinect functionality and other such features for the NextBox, I seriously doubt they are going to abandon the core market that got them to where they are just to try to 1-up (pardon the pun) Nintendo. And there's no way they're going to show all this off at E3 if it's not coming out for another 18 months and kill all the momentum the 360 has garnered over the past year.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

i hate Tablets.

Facepalm*

Yay!!!

yeah no. MS will not do this.

1) Kinect will progress to give finger and far higher detail than current.
2) MS Win8 will be integrated into phones, tablets, PCs, and of course the neXtBox. This will give MS a default option to use all these phones and tablets (MS hopes they sell a lot) with deep integration to the system.

MS will keep a standard controller and a Kinect 2. This story is simply building hype based on WiiU and the patent from Sony that is similar.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
NintendoPie said:
I really hope not because we don't need more of these "___ is copying Nintendo!" arguments.

The three Xbox fans on this website are usually reasonable, so there wouldn't be much of an argument.

They'll just devise some convoluted arguments that prove MS one is totally different and original and they'll dismiss anybody thinking it isn't as ignorant. Obviously, like for Kinect, they'll actively patrol the forums and hunt for the infidels, but always staying civil and reasonable, at worst arrogant, but never insulting, and keeping you know what (it looks like this word is taboo for some mods these days ) stealthy.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

superchunk said:
yeah no. MS will not do this.

1) Kinect will progress to give finger and far higher detail than current.
2) MS Win8 will be integrated into phones, tablets, PCs, and of course the neXtBox.
This will give MS a default option to use all these phones and tablets (MS hopes they sell a lot) with deep integration to the system.

MS will keep a standard controller and a Kinect 2. This story is simply building hype based on WiiU and the patent from Sony that is similar.

1) This is pure genius! Kinect haters will buy it just to give it the finger!

2) So... There will be free choice of devices shells colours, but screens will mandatorily be blue.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

of course! now they copy SONYS ideas once again!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

manuel said:
Microsoft is copying Nintendo! Waaaaah!!

No way???buuut I thought only sony copies nintendo?? 

Why would they use a tablet controller when they already have Kinect?

I don't think this will happen until it gets confirmed by MS, and even then I'll consider it a joke.