By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD January: X360 #1 270k, 49% share, PS3 > Wii = 281k Combined

BasilZero said:
kowenicki said:
BasilZero said:
Pachter is way off lol

the numbers are early?  excellent... what are they?

So are you saying Pachter is dead right?

Edit: Just so you dont rage at me, I misunderstood the OP, but I am pretty sure he is going to be way off when it comes to the Nintendo systems since he obviously hates them xD

He doesn't hate Nintendo he just thinks they make a lot of questionable business decisions.

He was spot on with 3DS last month and overestimated the Wii.

Just checked, November as well, he predicted 1m Wii's and there were 860k.

Around the Network

Tracked

I think the 360 is going to end up being slightly down YOY.

Interested to see what software held up. What date does January NPD go up to? Will FFXIII-2 and SCV be included in this month? 

enrageorange said:

Interested to see what software held up. What date does January NPD go up to? Will FFXIII-2 and SCV be included in this month? 

1st Jan - 28th Jan, and no they won't.

Around the Network

Sony PR

Following a strong December at retail, PlayStation continued the momentum in January through multi-retailer promotions such as 'Play Days' where we saw a 2x lift over forecast in peripheral sales and solid results for the PlayStation 3. February will be a landmark month for PlayStation and the gaming industry with the launch of PlayStation Vita on February 22. Pre-order sales for PS Vita and the launch lineup of 25 titles continue to accelerate as more consumers seek the ultimate in handheld gameplay.
--Patrick Seybold, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications at SCEA

Seece said:
Sony PR

Following a strong December at retail, PlayStation continued the momentum in January through multi-retailer promotions such as 'Play Days' where we saw a 2x lift over forecast in peripheral sales and solid results for the PlayStation 3. February will be a landmark month for PlayStation and the gaming industry with the launch of PlayStation Vita on February 22. Pre-order sales for PS Vita and the launch lineup of 25 titles continue to accelerate as more consumers seek the ultimate in handheld gameplay.
--Patrick Seybold, Sr. Director of Corporate Communications at SCEA

Cant wait to see February NPD, i expect Vita to >300k

so likely yoy drop
guess every consoles gonna drop

Pacther numbers for 3DS are shocking!

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Jan #NPD shows Xbox 360 #1 selling console 13th month in a row with 270K units & 49% market share.

OUCH