By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who Killed Rare?

Tagged games:

Seece said:
In a commercial sense they're more alive than they have been in a long time, completely stupid to say they're dead.

If you're talking about the creativity and output there, then it's been a slow decline, but MS did give it a bash early this gen. They can't be expected to keep greenlighting profitless projects, heaven forbid Microsoft act like a business.

says the 360 fanboy.

anybody else notice this guy's posts are incredibly biased? i mean, i know mine are too, but at least i dont try to pretend theyre not. his fanboyism is so bad that he believes that rare is more alive than they have been in a long time.

more alive compared to when? the last 5+ years they were dead?

Around the Network
angrypoolman said:
Seece said:
In a commercial sense they're more alive than they have been in a long time, completely stupid to say they're dead.

If you're talking about the creativity and output there, then it's been a slow decline, but MS did give it a bash early this gen. They can't be expected to keep greenlighting profitless projects, heaven forbid Microsoft act like a business.

says the 360 fanboy.

anybody else notice this guy's posts are incredibly biased? i mean, i know mine are too, but at least i dont try to pretend theyre not. his fanboyism is so bad that he believes that rare is more alive than they have been in a long time.

Well, he said "in a long time", which is true since Kinect Sports outsells Rare's last Nintendo games.

It's not about bias, it's about opinions.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
angrypoolman said:
Seece said:

says the 360 fanboy.

Well, he said "in a long time", which is true since Kinect Sports outsells Rare's last Nintendo games.

so instead of making classics that will be remembered and loved by many they are making.. kinect sports. yeah.. rare is dead.

angrypoolman said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
angrypoolman said:
Seece said:

says the 360 fanboy.

so instead of making classics that will be remembered and loved by many they are making.. kinect sports. yeah.. rare is dead.

I know it's not really fair to respond to a banned profile, but at least I'm saying this very sentence first.

Anyways, kids growing up playing Kinect Sports beg to differ, just like I do when people say Rare's early works weren't memorable.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

RARE with nintendo:

RARE with MICROSOFT:

HAHA thats a good one.

But man it really does represent what Rare has deteriorated to over the years. From pioneering console FPS and its dual analog controls to copying sport mini-games and its avatars. Sad, just sad.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
Seece said:
Cheebee said:
Rare? Those guys are still around? I thought they'd been disbanded a while ago.

Really? They've sold about 6m units of Kinect Sports (1&2) over the last 15 months

They're making those shitty sports games? Ugh...Still...beats the other shovelware crap on Kinect.

Case in point, you have given me reason to recommend Kinect Sports to people instead of other higher profile Xbox 360 titles to customers at my job.

Rare still lives up to its name though its just that now their name is used in a different context.
Before it was Rare for them to develop any game below legendary, but now its Rare for them to make any game worth remembering.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Sony killed Sega and Microsoft killed Rare.

It is known.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Pyro as Bill said:

It is known.

Sony killed Sega by competition, while Microsoft killed the old Rareware through acquisition :P

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Pyro as Bill said:

It is known.

Sony killed Sega by competition, while Microsoft killed the old Rareware through acquisition :P

Sega killed Sega by being stupid, with their systems, or lest we forget the massive failure that was the Saturn and 32x