By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Tagged games:

Rare still makes good games. I loved Banjo Nuts and Bolts! Kinect Sports is also great fun. I enjoyed Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero. The Viva Pinata games are also some of my favorite games this gen. I also think they're cooking up some awesome stuff for the next Xbox.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Why wasn't Rare raising the bar? I don't know. I'd argue a lot of studios haven't been raising the bar. Some of which no longer exist.

Nintendo's guidance doesn't guarantee success. Even the mighty Nintendo has published some disappointing or crap.

Wait, Rare couldn't keep up technically in the sixth gen?

One could make a cogent argument that Starfox Adventures is the best-looking sixth-gen game ever released, and it was released in 2002. Four years they had to top it, and no one ever did (except maybe Factor 5).

Starfox Adventures is not considered the best looking sixth gen game. Not even the best looking Gamecube game. I can also think of several games on the Xbox that have superior graphics than Star Fox Adventures.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Khuutra said:

One could make a cogent argument that Starfox Adventures is the best-looking sixth-gen game ever released, and it was released in 2002. Four years they had to top it, and no one ever did (except maybe Factor 5).

Starfox Adventures is not considered the best looking sixth gen game. Not even the best looking Gamecube game. I can also think of several games on the Xbox that have superior graphics than Star Fox Adventures.

You would be hard-pressed to name games that don't really exist. Besides Conker, I mean.

Yeah Conker on xbox still amaze me to this day, it looks that good.

No one is to blame for rares own mistakes. . lets see perfect dark zero one more time . and compare it to the original . it just does not hold up against it. and whys that you ask maybe its
1-lack of content
2 controlling the character is a chore and killing ai in multiplayer is more of a chore then it should be .even on its easy diffiuclty setting
3 lack of weapons in comparision to the original ,
4 levels. theres only at start -6 multiplayer levels plus 2 free then you gotta pay 800 msp for 4 other maps thats a travesty and thats still 4 less then the original also note 2 of the maps are actually from the original
5 the sp campaigne is easy as a hot knife through butter
and the rest of their games aint to much better either kameo was ok . viva meh ,. banjo tried to much to be super mario galaxy but in the end failed and
their only good games this gen were diddy kong racing ds and perfect dark xbla as well as 2 banjo n64 remakes .

so rare killed them selfs.
no body else,.

lets not forget they had the opertunity to give us goldeneye on wii and xbla. the 3 companies failed to meet an agreement ms rare and nintendo along with activision
as a result we got a good wii version and a un nessisary port that sucked so much ass in comparision . there was nothing even different on the 360 ps3 version in fact they took time trial mode out and changed it with 32 combat op missions

and everything that was bad about goldeneye wii was still present in the remake/port-awful multiplayer facility
need i say more not to mention upon release servers where shot

rare just did everything bad this entire gen well even before .
outside gba ports of dkc banjo advance and conker on xbox

everything else was average at best

Around the Network
goldeneye0074eva2222 said:
No one is to blame for rares own mistakes. . lets see perfect dark zero one more time . and compare it to the original . it just does not hold up against it. and whys that you ask maybe its
1-lack of content
2 controlling the character is a chore and killing ai in multiplayer is more of a chore then it should be .even on its easy diffiuclty setting
3 lack of weapons in comparision to the original ,
4 levels. theres only at start -6 multiplayer levels plus 2 free then you gotta pay 800 msp for 4 other maps thats a travesty and thats still 4 less then the original also note 2 of the maps are actually from the original
5 the sp campaigne is easy as a hot knife through butter
and the rest of their games aint to much better either kameo was ok . viva meh ,. banjo tried to much to be super mario galaxy but in the end failed and
their only good games this gen were diddy kong racing ds and perfect dark xbla as well as 2 banjo n64 remakes .

so rare killed them selfs.
no body else,.

lets not forget they had the opertunity to give us goldeneye on wii and xbla. the 3 companies failed to meet an agreement ms rare and nintendo along with activision
as a result we got a good wii version and a un nessisary port that sucked so much ass in comparision . there was nothing even different on the 360 ps3 version in fact they took time trial mode out and changed it with 32 combat op missions

and everything that was bad about goldeneye wii was still present in the remake/port-awful multiplayer facility
need i say more not to mention upon release servers where shot

rare just did everything bad this entire gen well even before .
outside gba ports of dkc banjo advance and conker on xbox

everything else was average at best

so much wrong its not even funny, its clear you have not played the HD version of the game.  Nothing different?? MI6(SpecOPs) is different and was not in the WIi version. The multiplayer has been reworked, more maps, more characters, more people, etc. Cant see how the HD version could be worse since its the same game with more stuff. ANd what does that have to do with Rare, they have nothing to do with GE, they dont own the IP. Sounds like you just mad because Wii lost an exclusive

Khuutra said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Khuutra said:

You would be hard-pressed to name games that don't really exist. Besides Conker, I mean.

Doom 3, Half Life 2, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal Championship 2, Riddick, and Fable.  Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is often considered the best looking Xbox game, but I never played it.

And as you mentinoed, Conker.

Those are some of the best looking games of that gen. I didn't really consider Star Fox Adventures, bear in mind I own it.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

We're STILL talking about this?

Everyone needs to play Lost Odyssey! Any opposition to this and I will have to just say, "If it's a fight you want, you got it!"

Mr Puggsly said:
Khuutra said:

Doom 3, Half Life 2, Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden, Unreal Championship 2, Riddick, and Fable.  Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is often considered the best looking Xbox game, but I never played it.

Those are some of the best looking games of that gen. I didn't really consider Star Fox Adventures, bear in mind I own it.

That's the rub though, innit? Even if you choose to say SFA doesn't belong in that company (though it does), it's hard to argue against Conker, and Conker was made by Rare. Putting Conker on that list still illustrates that Rare was very much pushing the envelope of graphics tech in 2005, which was my original point.

Khuutra said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Khuutra said:

That's the rub though, innit? Even if you choose to say SFA doesn't belong in that company (though it does), it's hard to argue against Conker, and Conker was made by Rare. Putting Conker on that list still illustrates that Rare was very much pushing the envelope of graphics tech in 2005, which was my original point.

If that was your point than you shouldn't have mentioned Star Fox Adventures.

Anyhow, Conker looked great as did other games designed to utilize the Xbox's capabilities. It was the most powerful platform of that gen.

Ultimately they haven't done anything particularly impressive this gen. All of their titles have looked and felt dated.

Recently Completed