By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GameStop drops 3DS price to $150 right before Vita launch, is this going to happen everywhere?

i don't think NIntendo will lower the price permanently anytime soon, they are selling it at a loss already, and one who wants Vita won't get a 3DS just to save 20 dollars or so

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
NiKKoM said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Why would Gamestop wanna slow down PSV sales? Are they expecting them to be high anyway?

There's probably something we don't know about.

Downloadable games for the Vita = bad business for gamestop..
it's better for Gamestop if the 3DS crushes the Vita so everybody keeps buying and selling their physical games at GS..

Hmm... That's a very interesting thought. If true, it's pretty funny how a store would be trying to kill a console :D

definititly not gonna help Vita, 100 bucks less, less money needed on top, and more games to choose from.

NiKKoM said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
Why would Gamestop wanna slow down PSV sales? Are they expecting them to be high anyway?

it's better for Gamestop if the 3DS crushes the Vita so everybody keeps buying and selling their physical games at GS..

This. And maybe they want to force Sony's hand to make them some offers to partially compensate it, they could be discounts on HW and maybe they want Sony to let them sell DD games too.

BTW, just looked at the photos of 3DS with the Circle Pad, it gets totally "uncooled", it somehow reminds me of an old person with a walker!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Shoppers Drug Mart has had the 3DS at $150 for some time now. New flyers come today, will update.

StiC

Around the Network

Well not bad...

not sure if Is Nintendo Idea! but i cannot see why a store is reducing the price like this..... unless they want to gather as many people as possible to buy from them both 3DS and Vita!!!! strange indeed!

Switch!!!

Nintendo now is very aggressive.... really hard to face.

AstroMaSSi rules

NiKKoM said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

Interesting idea and perhaps true. Nintendo and gamestop showed some love in the last few month.

NiKKoM said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:

If this is true, the digital/physical battle has begun. One result we may see is that Sony may become more aggressive with its Sony stores in order to bolster its own system where other retailers may want to shun it. Though at a time like this for Sony, it really isn't good news...

wow.........