By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the Big Three (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) is True King of Exclusives?

Which of the Big Three has the best exclusives?

Nintendo 286 52.19%

Sony 204 37.23%

Microsoft 27 4.93%

This thread sucks. 30 5.47%

Total:547
BasilZero said:
Chrizum said:
It's Nintendo, but they need to come up with something new and impressive to not slip to second place.

In terms of fame and selling power, I doubt that will ever happen....

Never say never.

They do create a a variety of new IPs every gen though, they just don't burn up the sales charts like Mario/Zelda so alot of people seem almost oblivious to them.

Around the Network

for this gen for me has to be MS there more adult oriented and offer alot more features, they had them from the start of the gen where as the others are only stating to implement them now and are still a step behind

sony gots alot of exclusives but they are very different from each other so they should appeal to more types of gamers, sadly im into very few of them hopefully the last of us can change that

Play Me

Chrizum said:
BasilZero said:
Chrizum said:
It's Nintendo, but they need to come up with something new and impressive to not slip to second place.

In terms of fame and selling power, I doubt that will ever happen....

Agreed, but I'm talking about impact on the industry. Remember Super Mario Bros? Super Metroid? Super Mario 64? Ocarina of Time? Those were huge, industry-defining games. I'd say Super Mario Galaxy came close as well. But Nintendo needs to come up with more in the future to stay as relevant as they have been till now.

Wii series had a big impact this gen.

Nintendo.

Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, Zelda Twilight Princess & Skyward Sword, Donkey Kong Country Returns, Sin & Punishment 2...

I would say nintendo has the more memorable exclusives on their systems. They all have their fans and I've played all the major exclusives but its always different strokes for different folks and it takes different strokes to move the world.

don't waste time

3DS FC 4914-3563-4510

NNID : turtuls

Around the Network

Its Nintendo, They put out classics you will be playing for the rest of your life. (at least some)
MS and Sony put out games that are great the year they come out, after that not so much. (for the most part)
besides that Nintendo just has more Exclusives.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Nintendo has the legacy and variety on its side. Look at the Wii and the DS/3DS and try to convince me otherwise. Everything from Wii Fit to Battalion Wars to Donkey Kong. Nintendo has enough games by themselves to thrive without a single third party. Sony has quite a few exclusives like God of War, Gran Turismo,and Little Big Planet. Microsoft has Halo, Viva Pinata, Kinect Sports, and more.

Microsoft has a few franchises that steal the spotlight so you forget about the other series. Sony has something good but lacking in impact hitting shelves almost all the time. I'd call it a tie between those two. They both have a few loyal third party exclusives (ie: Splinter Cell and Metal Gear 4). No clear winner between them. Nintendo easily trounces both--maybe even both combined.

in my opinion.

As much as I want to say Sony, the simple truth is that Sony doesn't even come close to Nintendo.

Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.

Well since you never specified one system for microsoft, for me they are the winners. A few key xbox exclusives alongside a ton of great pc games, especially rts.

If we go by console only, obviously nintendo first. Then just from my perspective its xbox and finally playstation 3.

When I had an xbox 360 I probably played exclusives 40% of the time and multiplatform 60% of the time. The few exclusives the 360 did have had incredible replay value to me. I probably played halo 3 alone more than the total time i spent on my entire ps3 library. Forza 2, Halo Reach, Halo Wars, Viva Pinata, Lost Odyssey, Fable 2, and Crackdown were all huge timesinks as well. The ps3 games I spend a ton of time on are infamous and multiplatform.

Now that I only have a ps3 I play exclusives around 15% of the time and multiplatform 85% of the time. Sony has some great exclusives. Problem is my favorite ones are third party that didn't sell too well and so didn't get sequels. While their first party lineup which I mostly don't enjoy is getting milked as much as the microsoft and nintendo exclusives I do enjoy. 

Note: I'm only judging this gen, Home consoles. Portables included I would have 4 more tables (1 being home and portable overall) ;)

In-house/2nd party

Category/Dev-Publisher Nintendo Sony Microsoft
Casual New IP x

Core New IP   x  
Entertainment value x    
Sales Return x    

3rd party exlusives

Category/Manufacturer Nintendo Sony Microsoft
Casual New IP x

Core New IP

x
Entertainment value