By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the Big Three (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) is True King of Exclusives?

Which of the Big Three has the best exclusives?

Nintendo 286 52.19%

Sony 204 37.23%

Microsoft 27 4.93%

This thread sucks. 30 5.47%

Total:547

It used to be Nintendo, but now it's Sony. Sony has the winning combination of volume, variety, and quality, whereas, Nintendo's been rehashing most of their exclusives for 30 years. But I guess you can't really blame them when people keep buying them and they're usually great games.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network

why Microsoft in the list?

Apple

Galaki said:
Apple [img]http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/troll%20face/grand/s4xqhk.jpg.gif[/img

Dat Infinity blade

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Nintendo is a great company with fantastic exclusives, however I would say Sony because of the quality they have but also due to the huge variety, something which Nintendo doesn't really have. Microsoft shouldn't even be on that list..

Around the Network

I thought the consensus was Nintendo>Sony>Microsoft?

Nintendo has released games that are iconic and still playable decades later (Mario World, LttP, Fire Emblem etc.), and the ambassadors for the 3DS got to experience this first hand. They're timeless classics.

I just don't see any Halo game or Uncharted game, or any other game by MS or Sony, being remembered the same way as Skyward Sword or Galaxy will be.

Finally, they have the widest range of exclusives IMO. From Mario to Zelda to Metroid to Fire Emblem to Mario Kart to Wii series to Pikmin to Kirby to Donkey Kong to RPG's, and everything else inbetween.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Nintendo has put out some of my favorite games and exclusives in the past, but now adays it's Sony. Still I'll give it to Nintendo because their exclusives are a brand in itself with Sony in a very close second. Microsoft is a distant third for me.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Nintendo, easily. While the PS3 is my current favorite console, which I bought in part for it's exclusives (mostly third-party), I grew up with Nintendo and continue to enjoy their franchises, new and old. Mario(including Kart), Zelda, Smash Bros. and Fire Emblem are some of the best series available on consoles.

Owning Mario alone makes you worthy of the title. Mario is the gaming icon himself!

I would say Nintendo by far, then Microsoft (Halo, Fable, Forza, and Gears of War) and Sony in last (aside from Gran Turismo, which is a declining franchise, I can't even think of anything else they have that isn't some sort of barely relevant immitation brand franchise).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.