By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the Big Three (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) is True King of Exclusives?

Which of the Big Three has the best exclusives?

Nintendo 286 52.19%

Sony 204 37.23%

Microsoft 27 4.93%

This thread sucks. 30 5.47%

Total:547

Well I had the most fun with Sony exclusives these past years. Last year there was LBP2, Yakuza 4, InFamous 2, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Motorstorm Apocalypse and bunch of other games I bought.

Nintendo has only 2 games I really play, Mario and Zelda, but they come out only once in so many years.

The only exclusive I like from Microsoft is GeoW.

Around the Network

Jumpin.  I stop taking you seriously after the comma.

I was walking down along the street and I heard this voice saying, "Good evening, Mr. Dowd." Well, I turned around and here was this big six-foot rabbit leaning up against a lamp-post. Well, I thought nothing of that because when you've lived in a town as long as I've lived in this one, you get used to the fact that everybody knows your name.

Marks said:
Sony, easily.

We all love Mario and Zelda, but where are the new IP's, Nintendo?

They are everywhere:

Wii...

Nintendogs

Brain Training/Age

Eco Shooter 530

Disaster: DoC

Marionation Gear

Soma Bringer

Xenoblade Chronicles (technically a new IP as the 'xeno' preffix was just added to honour Takahashi)

Steel Diver

Line Attack Heroes

Pullblox/Pushmo

Another Code/Trace Memory

and that's just to name a few

HesAPooka said:

It is true though that even if Sony has way more exclusives they also sell way less. But yeah, I'd still say Sony has better ones.

sony.

Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
There is no definitive way to say which company is the king of exclusives because it's all objective to your taste.

Basically whichever console you prefer the most will be the one you say has the best exclusives.

I presume he means in terms of number of exclusives and their sales - that's hard facts not preference.  I didn't read the OP as based on preference.  If you use that criteria then Nintendo clearly is the king - they have a strong portfolio of exclusives and they outsell all other exclusives.  I mean Nintendo exclusives aren't actually to my taste - I'm not really into Mario Kart and the like anymore - but their sales and strengh as an IP can't be denied.

I would have thought these criteria over time would clearly result in Nintendo >> Sony >>>>> Microsoft which the poll seems to reflect.  Of course Microsoft are the younger player timewise, so that really hampers them compared to multiple generations of huge Mario sales.

This gen it's a bit tigher but there's no doubt that Nintendo probably takes the crown again on sales volume across it's exclusives, after that I think it would be close between MS/Sony with Sony having more exclusives but MS having higher average sales by exclusive.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

1: Microsoft
2: Nintendo
3: Sony

I'd call it a tie with Sony & Nintendo and the only reason it's a tie is due to Nintendo's dependance on old IP's, there showing a distinct lack of imagination these days. I love the new mario kart and NSMW and the like but it's same game different box really still classics though. Sony have been up and down in quality this gen but have shown some real worth with games like Heavy Rain, Uncharted, littlebig planet and the like.

Microsoft have been really dissapointing in terms of exclusives for me and the lack of focus they put on them is even more so. Kinect has really disrailed there internal development focus and i hope they move back to making some quality IP's, their reliance on third party is disheartening i want to see me Only on Xbox games and not Only on Xbox with kinect

pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
HesAPooka said:

It is true though that even if Sony has way more exclusives they also sell way less. But yeah, I'd still say Sony has better ones.

Way less than what? Halo? Yes. Way less than Gears? No, Uncharted comes quite close. They have a lot of 2m+ selling games, many 3m+ and a few 4m+. Only 360 MS exclusives (non-casual) that have sold 4m+ are Halo, Fable, one iteration of Forza, Gears. This "Sony exclusives sell way less" is honestly a myth. If you meant less than Nintendo then that's a given

The important part though is that lots of their (Sony's) exclusives are on a decline. They need to fix that somehow.

IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
pezus said:
IIIIITHE1IIIII said:
HesAPooka said:

Way less than what? Halo? Yes. Way less than Gears? No, Uncharted comes quite close. They have a lot of 2m+ selling games, many 3m+ and a few 4m+. Only 360 MS exclusives (non-casual) that have sold 4m+ are Halo, Fable, one iteration of Forza, Gears. This "Sony exclusives sell way less" is honestly a myth. If you meant less than Nintendo then that's a given

The important part though is that lots of their (Sony's) exclusives are on a decline. They need to fix that somehow.

which ones?

- Gran Turismo 5 could sell less than GT4 but for now it selling at least on pair.
- God of War 3 sold more than previous.
- MGS4 is on track to be the best selling MGS ever (needs just more 500k sales)
- Killzone 2 sold way more than Killzone

I want to know which playstation exclusive sold less then previous ones... or did you mean this gen???

- U2 > U1 and Ucharted 3 is selling faster than U2.
- Killzone 3 will end selling more than Killzone 2.
- inFAMOUS 2 had more download than inFAMOUS... so hard to compare.
- LittleBigPlanet is a case... the LBP2 is not selling like the previous.
- Resistance and MotorStorm could be anothers cases.