By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which of the Big Three (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft) is True King of Exclusives?

Which of the Big Three has the best exclusives?

Nintendo 286 52.19%

Sony 204 37.23%

Microsoft 27 4.93%

This thread sucks. 30 5.47%

Total:547

I think that Nintendo has the more well known characters whilst Sony has the more originality with their exclusives. While Ninty's exclusives like Mario or Zelda will always sell and are great games. Sony on the other hand has a lot of exclusives (I think more than Nintendo not sure) but they don't sell as well because of the lack of user base and promotion. Since most people might not know who Srg. Sevchenko or Radec are they (the consume might not catch any interest on the "new" KZ3. but KZ3 is an awweeesoooome game.... Quality>Quantity anyday

Around the Network

Nintendo obviously for number of successful exclusives of course. Their core franchises sell more and are carefully maintained.

I'll give Sony a decent second place nod for pushing the most new IP though - they delivered more new IP to try out this gen than anyone else IMHO. MS trail behind a fair but their focus is a small number of core exclusives (Halo, Gears, Fable and Forza really at this point) with a focus on third party timed exclusives and timed exclusive DLC.

Of course Kinect seems to be where MS are investing more in exclusives and new IP so that line of titles may bring them closer to Nintedo/Sony.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

I expect a lot of unbiased answers in this thread

(Its PC btw)

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

for me sony
sure i've played mario kart, smash bros and zelda in the past and enjoyed them, but thats about it from nintendo for me
however, i've also played jak and rachet in the past and enjoyed them and now this gen there are new ips like infamous, uncharted, modnation ( imo better than mario kart ) etc and the list of ips that i enjoy from sony seems to keep increasing by the year ( for example starhawk is great )
so i'd definitely say sony has more ips that i enjoy

but in the end it all comes down to how many titles from each company appeal to the person in question

well i don't want to break out the list of games. but you know what i'm getting at. right?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Around the Network
BasilZero said:
leatherhat said:
I expect a lot of unbiased answers in this thread

(Its PC btw)

PC isnt part of the big three you leather face D:

PC is the greatest publisher of all time. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

There is no definitive way to say which company is the king of exclusives because it's all objective to your taste.

Basically whichever console you prefer the most will be the one you say has the best exclusives.

Nintendo > Sony > MS. Everyone knows this.

Nintendo can carry their consoles on their first party alone, they are not as dependent on third parties as the others. Sales don't equal quality but Nintendo makes high quality games anyways so that point is moot.

Nintendo are sitting on a mountain of IPs, let's see which ones they revive next gen.

It's Nintendo, but they need to come up with something new and impressive to not slip to second place.

BasilZero said:
Chrizum said:
It's Nintendo, but they need to come up with something new and impressive to not slip to second place.

In terms of fame and selling power, I doubt that will ever happen....

Agreed, but I'm talking about impact on the industry. Remember Super Mario Bros? Super Metroid? Super Mario 64? Ocarina of Time? Those were huge, industry-defining games. I'd say Super Mario Galaxy came close as well. But Nintendo needs to come up with more in the future to stay as relevant as they have been till now.