By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can Nintendo get Grand Theft Auto V?

Tagged games:

Chances of GTA V coming to the Wii U at the same time as PS3 and 360?

100% 93 33.33%

50% 108 38.71%

25% 77 27.60%

Total:278
DanneSandin said:
So both of you, happy and viper, think GTA5 will be released on wiiU?

Almost certainly, yes.

Around the Network
Kai Master said:
50%, mature games always had a hard time being ported on Nintendo consoles, it depends on whether WiiU gamer base is mature enough and if Take2 want to take on the risk to flop or not.

Yeah, hehe we've been debating this for a few pages :P you could always read what we've already said if you care

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

100%. And it'll have a nice graphical upgrade reusing the PC SKUs textures and models too. Third party titles such as GTA, Resident Evil 6 and the next Call of Duty will look a great deal better on the U than the PS3 and 360 if developers and publishers have any sense. It's not going to cost any extra time or money to make the U SKU the superior one before you even think about taking the new controller into account. If Nintendo don't mess up the online infrastructure all 3 of those titles should end up being system sellers.

oniyide said:
theARTIST0017 said:
What an overrated game...

so you've played GTA5 already

hahaha touche

NINTENDO

nintendo forever . . .

I think Nintendo can. There is always a first for everything. If GTA: Chinatown Wars came for the DS, then I think there is a good possibility Rockstar can bring one of the main entries in the GTA series to a Nintendo home console.

Around the Network
Curby said:
I think Nintendo can. There is always a first for everything. If GTA: Chinatown Wars came for the DS, then I think there is a good possibility Rockstar can bring one of the main entries in the GTA series to a Nintendo home console.

Yup, and it should be remembered that despite the piracy problems with the DS Chinatown Wars sold really well.

Any publisher with any sort of sense is going to bring their key franchises to the U, the earlier the better. The only key franchise I've seen so far that's confirmed not to be coming to the U is Tomb Raider...but that's probably down to that twat Ian Livingstone still heading the Acquisitions Department. This is the same department that decided to turn down Fallout 3, Bioshock and let the Lego Star Wars franchise go after the first game (although the Eidos board are partly to blame for that too to be fair) and thought that Escape From Bug Island was a really great idea. I think the latter sold something like 57 units in Europe in its first week lol.

You're going to see the U getting a shitload of third party support now that there's a Nintendo home console with a standard rendering pipeline that makes porting games to and from it possible. Surprisingly enough it wasn't the Wii's power preventing ports but the fact that Nintendo decided to include the same (beefed up, admittedly) GPU as the Gamecube which used the TEV Unit instead of traditional programmable shaders for shading effects.