By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Last Of Us’ Joel is “a violent thug, a brutal killer and a torturer”

xojessxbearox said:

I can't wait for this game to come out. I heard it was PS3 exclusive because the Xbox graphics card couldn't handle it. Is this true?

The game is being developed by Naughty Dog, which belongs to Sony (they made Crash Bandicoot and the later Uncharted, as well as many others). The studio was acquired back in 2001. Itself is an old company dating back to 1984.

Around the Network

Alright, well, I'm still a little iffy on the storyline. Whem I first saw the trailer, it screamed awkward storyline to me.

"The gate of tomorrow is not the light of heaven, but the darkness in the depths of the Earth."

happydolphin said:
Rafux said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not a fan of this kind of horse manure. Too bad it looked like such a good game.

Upsetting that people need to relate with “a violent thug, a brutal killer and a torturer” in order to be satisfied...

For the record, Kratos makes me sick with his violence.

Why don't you wait until the game is out and then judge it.

Unless the article is spreading lies, I have no reason not to say "I don't want to play it". As I said, up until now I was looking forward to this. THIS is the kind of content I like seeing from Sony. Hollywood-esque, sometimes post apocaliptic. But when the hero is announced to be a torturer...

I'll still wait. Maybe he isn't that way in the game, maybe that's just his background story. OK. But for now it doesn't look promising to me.

Still too early to judge it who knows what's Naughty cooking.

I hope he is sort of the antihero main character sort of like Riddick in Pitch Black that would be pretty cool. High hopes fo rthis game I want to know when its being released. I want a release date for this Bioshock Infinite and Aliens Colonial Marines.

In a world like that, wouldn't you need to be violent and kill to survive?

Wouldn't you need to "torture" to find out where supplies are hidden?

Maybe even in his past he was in some gang butt changed his lifestyle right before shit started to go down. John Marston style? I actually think thatll be a story point, you encounter members of Joels old gang/ whatever...

Around the Network
happydolphin said:
Rafux said:
happydolphin said:

I'm not a fan of this kind of horse manure. Too bad it looked like such a good game.

Upsetting that people need to relate with “a violent thug, a brutal killer and a torturer” in order to be satisfied...

For the record, Kratos makes me sick with his violence.

Why don't you wait until the game is out and then judge it.

Unless the article is spreading lies, I have no reason not to say "I don't want to play it". As I said, up until now I was looking forward to this. THIS is the kind of content I like seeing from Sony. Hollywood-esque, sometimes post apocaliptic. But when the hero is announced to be a torturer...

I'll still wait. Maybe he isn't that way in the game, maybe that's just his background story. OK. But for now it doesn't look promising to me.

It's rage. He wanted revenge and he didn't want their deaths to be quick and painless.

4 ≈ One

Ah. Just like the movies.

He had a violent past but finds redemption in looking after the little girl.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

He looks like a older... Nathan Drake...

CGI-Quality said:

Just keep watch till March.

Read what Troy Baker said. People think they know how this game will play: they really don't!

True. We forum goers need to learn to get the full picture sometimes. I'm ready to wait to learn more on the game. Still looks promising.

Not sure if I posted this, but after hearing the redemption line a while ago I wondered if Joel had killed Ellie's parents for survival or something, but couldn't just leave a defenseless baby (Ellie) for the monsters.

Maybe Joel was a murderer and in jail before the Apocalypse and broke out when society crumbled.

Just spit ballin' here.

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League