By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soul calibur V Comming to 3DS???

Panama said:
Good news for casual gamers. Actual fighting aficionados would just stick to consoles though. Unless there's a way I can hook up my stick to the 3DS.

The 3ds circle pad is actually extremely well fitted for fighters. I prefer SFIV 3D to its console counterparts, safe for the graphics downgrade. For controls though, the 3DS is bang on.

The more fighters there are on the 3DS, the happier I will be, you can be certain of that. Best fighter platform ever imho.

Around the Network
Panama said:
Good news for casual gamers. Actual fighting aficionados would just stick to consoles though. Unless there's a way I can hook up my stick to the 3DS.

The circle pad is more than appropriate for such fighters, and the two big already available 3DS-Fighting games like Street Fighter and Dead or Alive prove that.

YES Wii U is better!

Switch!!!

RolStoppable said:
happydolphin said:
Panama said:

The 3ds circle pad is actually extremely well fitted for fighters. I prefer SFIV 3D to its console counterparts, safe for the graphics downgrade. For controls though, the 3DS is bang on.

The more fighters there are on the 3DS, the happier I will be, you can be certain of that. Best fighter platform ever imho.

From the looks of it, he called all people who play fighting games with a handheld or a regular controller casual gamers.

No, even worse... :P  He called all those playing fighting games on a handheld casual gamers. He couldn't be more wrong.  

If someone in Evo 2k12 makes it to the finals in SC5 and states they owe it all to practising on their 3DS copies, then I'll retract my initial statement ;)

I never demonized casual gamers either. I'll be picking up BB and MK on the Vita, just like I picked up DoA on the 3DS.

Around the Network
Panama said:
If someone in Evo 2k12 makes it to the finals in SC5 and states they owe it all to practising on their 3DS copies, then I'll retract my initial statement ;)

I never demonized casual gamers either. I'll be picking up BB and MK on the Vita, just like I picked up DoA on the 3DS.

4 letters:  I m v u. I am lusting over SF x Tekken and UC:GA hardcore. My pockets are empty :( Probably won't even end up getting RE 3DS.

Fighters are definitely my favorite genre though. So, I'll probably get the Vita before RE.

3DS shows a certain appeal for fighting games... and the increasing success of the handheld will push third parties on this kind of porting. I continue to prefer specific software for 3DS.

AstroMaSSi rules

Panama said:

I agree, anyone who says they perfer handheld versions of the same game to their console counterparts cannot be taken seriously.    I see handheld versions of fighting games as a good haven for scrubs to play as most publishers introduce a gimmick that allow them to pull of things they will never be able to perform on a standard console with standard controls, which gives them the impression that they are good, but they are not.  Most decent players have sticks or pads they used for years and introducing an alternate way is just a means to throw off your game. 

I'm uncertain how well this will do, but I'm happy to see it coming. The 3DS will likely define the 8th generation in Japan, and they deserve to have a wide variety of fighters on their favorite system. Especially since a port of a game can avoid being too expensive.

Besides, look at the success of Super Street Fighter IV 3D at launch! A definite million seller port.

Love and tolerate.

Train wreck said:
Panama said:

I agree, anyone who says they perfer handheld versions of the same game to their console counterparts cannot be taken seriously.    I see handheld versions of fighting games as a good haven for scrubs to play as most publishers introduce a gimmick that allow them to pull of things they will never be able to perform on a standard console with standard controls, which gives them the impression that they are good, but they are not.  Most decent players have sticks or pads they used for years and introducing an alternate way is just a means to throw off your game. 

That's because you have no experience in the matter. I've been playing SF since the first one came out in arcades, and have been playing it ever since I'm a kid, on super nes, on arcades, and had I a dreamcast (were I smart at the time), I would've played on it too. I have played the PS3 version of SFIV with my pal, and you are wrong, the 3DS version has much better controls. You can't be taken seriously because you base your post on wishy-washy opinion, rather than actually getting your hands on the game, I AM CERTAIN, because had you played it you would agree with me. Controls are better on the 3DS it's a fact.

@italics And anyways, you can tell when someone uses the touchpad to spam, I never use it. The ONLY move I use on the touchpad for now is the ultra finish. That's it! And I'm practicing to do it manual very soon. For now still working on my focus attack dash cancel.

And even then, it's a good challenge to play against a spamming noob, because you learn not to get cheaped. So the new mechanics improve your defense.

LISTEN, I've played Smash competitively, visited local tournaments in my area. If there's one thing, with fighters, I take them seriously, and I know that you're either talking out of your hat, or posing. There's no two ways about it. If you were a fighter fan, you would appreciate the circle pad for what it adds to controls rather than using the touchpad buttons as an excuse to disregard it.

Get with the program or suffer a metsu shoryuken in the face. :P

And I began playing SFIV on the arcades when it came out, so I know how to play with a stick...