By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Soul calibur V Comming to 3DS???

hammad280 said:
The 3DS doesn't need another fighting game; with Dead or Alive, Street Fighter and the soon to come Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, it has enough already.

That's not how the gaming industry work.

Do you think we have enough shooters on Xbox360/PS3? Yeah...

Around the Network

Soul Calibur sounds good.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Galaki said:
hammad280 said:
The 3DS doesn't need another fighting game; with Dead or Alive, Street Fighter and the soon to come Tekken 3D: Prime Edition, it has enough already.

That's not how the gaming industry work.

Do you think we have enough shooters on Xbox360/PS3? Yeah...

As a matter of fact, I do. The shooter genre is bursting to the seams with games. Sure, recognisable names sell well but as far as I'm concerned, the amount of shooters now available actually has a negative impact on lesser known games of the genre. People just don't have the time to look for more niche games when CoD is all they need. Developers need to branch out to newer genres as opposed to rehashing the same formula over and over again.

Read my blog. it exists. No really, it does. I kid you not.

hammad280 said:

Developers need to branch out to newer genres as opposed to rehashing the same formula over and over again.

Again. That's not how the industry works.

It's a tried and true formula. It's easier to sell the project to get funding that way.

It's easier, too, to sell on an existing popular IP.

SC isn't a new IP, so, it'll have fans buying it. Sure it's just another fighters but it does have its differences.

I didn't get SF4 nor DOA. I might get SC5 though.

Fair enough. I was never really a Soul Calibur fan so maybe I'm somewhat biased. The fighting game genre isn't nearly as crowded as the shooter genre.

Read my blog. it exists. No really, it does. I kid you not.

Around the Network

The more fighters the merrier i say......... its only a matter of time before i purchase Dead or Alive: Dimensions, SSF IV & Tekken 3DS.

Some hack 'n' slashers would be nice on the 3DS too plz Nintendo, something like Ninja Gaiden or Onimusha.

Good news for casual gamers. Actual fighting aficionados would just stick to consoles though. Unless there's a way I can hook up my stick to the 3DS.

If this contains Link, this is the version I'm getting

Oh yes please. Day 1.

umegames said:
i played soul calibur 2 and 4, liked them, but i not even thinking about 5. I'd be very intrested in getting it for the 3ds however, why i dont know.
Put a fire emblem charchter in there!!

exactly the same case here

but I've plaed all SC to date

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^