By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

George Lucas Blames 'Star Wars' Critics for Killing Series

For any fans awaiting future "Star Wars" films from George Lucas, it's going to be a long wait. The creator of the famed series says he's not going to make any more of these movies and that he's essentially retiring. And for that he blames the harsh feedback from certain fans.

"Why would I make any more when everybody yells at you all the time and says what a terrible person you are?" he tells The New York Times.

Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales.

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

Lucas drew strong attacks from "Star Wars" fans for characters like Jar Jar Binks and for digital additions to the DVDs and re-releases of the six-part series.

"I'm moving away from the business, from the company, from all this kind of stuff," he says.

http://entertainment.msn.com/beacon/editorial12.aspx?ptid=c4db07f3-d88a-4d47-8df7-4557e17d344f&silentchk=1&wa=wsignin1.0

Basil's YouTube Channel

Around the Network

This makes me happy. Star Wars is pretty awful outside of the 2.5 movies that are good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

He can't take the pressure lol.

BasilZero said:

Lucas continues to bash these critics despite the fact that their appreciation for the series helped it generate $4.4 billion in worldwide box-office sales.

For some artists, fame and money isn't as important as free expression. Looks like Georgey was fed up of being forced to please a customer, and I don't blame him to an extent.

"On the Internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie," Lucas says. "I'm saying: 'Fine. But my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'"

He's kinda right, but if it sucks he should gtfo or the market will g him the fo.

to the arrow to the knee, what can I say? 

Good Riddance! (a bit bittersweet - I still like his old stuff)

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."                               

Around the Network

What the hell is this, I took 'insert random object' to the knee?

OT: A lot of people throughout all forms of entertainment need to follow George's lead and 'retire'.

Level1Death said:
What the hell is this, I took 'insert random object' to the knee?

OT: A lot of people throughout all forms of entertainment need to follow George's lead and 'retire'.

Skyrim joke.

Also lol @ happydolphin, wtf was that LOL DRAGONBALL! XD

Basil's YouTube Channel

He deserves to call out the harsh critics on certain grounds. When looking at some comments, you'd think some fanboys have fooled themselves into thinking they own part of the franchise.

coolbeans said:
He deserves to call out the harsh critics on certain grounds. When looking at some comments, you'd think some fanboys have fooled themselves into thinking they own part of the franchise.

Yeah agree with this, especially the whole "Jar Jar Binks exclusion version of Episode 1" that is in the internet.

I hated the character, but he made it and its his movie, no reason to actually make a version of the movie without showing the parts of that character, a bit too harsh imo ;p

Basil's YouTube Channel

I disliked the first new one with that kid, but other than that I enjoyed the rest. The third/sixth one was the best of the newer ones.

The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter