By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Would you rather have KH 3 optimized to the fullest for the PS3 or the Wii?

I love how people take features that the Wii is weak in and then say they don't have them at all.

We already have talk about Wiiware bringing additional online content. Whether this will only be for new smaller scale games, or if it will actually start bringing some DC for games has yet to be seen. Guitar Hero 3 may finally help push Nintendo insto accepting that direction. Also, I don't see how the hell KH3 would benefit from additional content. I'll second the motion that when I buy a game, if you've got additional content, PUT IT IN THE DAMN GAME TO START.
As for online features, Nintendo already has plenty of that. Obviously it's not quite up to what Xbox LIVE is or Playstation home, but it's certainly good enough for anything KH3 might need.
As for Graphics, has anyone seen Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes? ANY game that was actually created FOR the Wii and not ported? Sorry, but Kingdom Hearts isn't about graphics, it's about Art Style, and Wii has more than enough graphical capability to support KH's art style. From what I've seen, it's practically capable of doing in game graphics as good as what KHs has in its cutscenes. Maybe I'm wrong about this, I've only played the first game, but still.

As for motion controls, PS3 will NEVER be able to implement motion controls the way Wii can, get over it. Please. There are only 2 motions you can make naturally with the Sixaxis; turning it like a steering wheel, and shaking it as if you're throttling it. While I'm often tempted towards the latter with controllers that have poorly thought out motion implementation, it doesn't really benefit the game in question.
Even for those people complaining that Waggle would get irritating, I'd personally rather be a little irritated than bored out of my skull as I button mash my way through the game. Using your whole arm for your attacks is generally more engaging, even if you hate it, the fact doesn't change.

And then there's the whole issue with target audience. Sorry folks, but if you stick classic Disney characters on a box and then let people know the game can be played on that same console they've been playing Wii sports for the past year, people will gobble that up like popcorn/jellybeans/oreos/addictive substance of choice.

So basically, there are only 2 reasons the game shouldn't come out for the Wii:

1) It would be a slap in the face to Sony fans as they lose yet another exclusive franchise (The GBA game they can dismiss, but not this)

2) Their mental scope lacks the imagination and reasoning skills capable of visualizing a well implemented motion control scheme that would benefit KH's gameplay.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

Right, it's not just because of change for sake of change.

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

that would be fine except two things. no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

Not necissairly. The Wiimote can't do one for one, but it can detect direction and angle perfectly fine. So it would for example make a swordfighting game one where you develop your own combos by the angle you swing the remote. Though to me this makes more sense in a swordfighting 3-D fighter then an ARPG.

like i said in an earlier post, even if you build you own combos the amount of human error that has to be taken into account takes away the true analog ability of it.

my pillars of gaming: kh, naughty dog, insomniac, ssb, gow, ff

i officially boycott boycotts.  crap.

soccerdrew17 said:
Kasz216 said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:
y does everyone equate innovation to success and fun? just because u change a control scheme and even an entire combat system doesnt mean its better.

It's because the change makes gameplay more fun, and that is what makes it better.

that would be fine except two things. no one gives an example of good use of the wii mote (please show me if someone has), and the wii cant even do 1-1 motion so swinging the keybladefor battle is only a replacement for a button.

Not necissairly. The Wiimote can't do one for one, but it can detect direction and angle perfectly fine. So it would for example make a swordfighting game one where you develop your own combos by the angle you swing the remote. Though to me this makes more sense in a swordfighting 3-D fighter then an ARPG.

like i said in an earlier post, even if you build you own combos the amount of human error that has to be taken into account takes away the true analog ability of it.

Since when do games take into account human error.  Human error is just sucking at videogames.  Platformers don't take into account when human error causes you to miss a ledge and plummet to your death.   God of War minigames don't take into account you pressing B when you meant A. 

Grey Acumen said:
I love how people take features that the Wii is weak in and then say they don't have them at all.

We already have talk about Wiiware bringing additional online content. Whether this will only be for new smaller scale games, or if it will actually start bringing some DC for games has yet to be seen. Guitar Hero 3 may finally help push Nintendo insto accepting that direction. Also, I don't see how the hell KH3 would benefit from additional content. I'll second the motion that when I buy a game, if you've got additional content, PUT IT IN THE DAMN GAME TO START.
As for online features, Nintendo already has plenty of that. Obviously it's not quite up to what Xbox LIVE is or Playstation home, but it's certainly good enough for anything KH3 might need.
As for Graphics, has anyone seen Twilight Princess, Mario Galaxy, No More Heroes? ANY game that was actually created FOR the Wii and not ported? Sorry, but Kingdom Hearts isn't about graphics, it's about Art Style, and Wii has more than enough graphical capability to support KH's art style. From what I've seen, it's practically capable of doing in game graphics as good as what KHs has in its cutscenes. Maybe I'm wrong about this, I've only played the first game, but still.

As for motion controls, PS3 will NEVER be able to implement motion controls the way Wii can, get over it. Please. There are only 2 motions you can make naturally with the Sixaxis; turning it like a steering wheel, and shaking it as if you're throttling it. While I'm often tempted towards the latter with controllers that have poorly thought out motion implementation, it doesn't really benefit the game in question.
Even for those people complaining that Waggle would get irritating, I'd personally rather be a little irritated than bored out of my skull as I button mash my way through the game. Using your whole arm for your attacks is generally more engaging, even if you hate it, the fact doesn't change.

And then there's the whole issue with target audience. Sorry folks, but if you stick classic Disney characters on a box and then let people know the game can be played on that same console they've been playing Wii sports for the past year, people will gobble that up like popcorn/jellybeans/oreos/addictive substance of choice.

So basically, there are only 2 reasons the game shouldn't come out for the Wii:

1) It would be a slap in the face to Sony fans as they lose yet another exclusive franchise (The GBA game they can dismiss, but not this)

2) Their mental scope lacks the imagination and reasoning skills capable of visualizing a well implemented motion control scheme that would benefit KH's gameplay.

whie i commend ur opinion on the reason for having it on wii, im not ok with the attacks.  

no online is needed for kh.  enough said there.

graphics are as good as devs make them.  i personally like good graphics (what?!?! graphics improving a game?) so a more powerful system is better.  art style can as far as a team wants to invest in it.  and no, just because a game looks good shouldnt mean i shouldnt ask for better.  im paying for a game, i want quality all around.  saying that certain games, look good enough isnt an excuse.

the demographic of kh is rpg fans who loved disney from their childhood, not children.  its a game to bring back disney memories, not make them.

ur reasons:

1) it would be stupid to go away from where a good chunk of the base is, playstation.  the wii might have the amount of systems, but has no proof of whether se could get more sales than from ps3.  ps3 will gauntee them a lot of sales, period.

2)who says the wii has the technical ablities to make an arpg, like kh, control scheme work?  i havent seen any proof.  and if u say no more hero's thats a lie because they have different styles

dont attack, give reasons.  and if u cant, dont lie. 

Kasz216 said:
soccerdrew17 said:
Kasz216 said:
soccerdrew17 said:
jlauro said:
soccerdrew17 said:

Since when do games take into account human error. Human error is just sucking at videogames. Platformers don't take into account when human error causes you to miss a ledge and plummet to your death. God of War minigames don't take into account you pressing B when you meant A.

platformers due take into account error.  otherwise only a literal perfect jump would make across some pits.  there is a decent range of "perfect jumps" in actual games.  in god of war if u press square, there is no questioning whether u pressed square.  if u press the wrong button, u pay for it.

for the wii, if u have two things, one a slash at 21 degrees, and the other at 22 where is there gona be consistancy?  in a button game, no matter the human error (which devs account for in many ways, by not making u play literally perfectly) the action is unquestionably what was done.  in an analog game it up for debate.  that is y i complain more that i wasnt moving in a certain direction than i pressed the wrong button.  its simply because the exact angle i moved the analog stick int easy for me to determine.

Around the Network

I'll take it on both systems. S.E. doesn't seem to mind making KH for multiple systems.

soccerdrew17 said:

whie i commend ur opinion on the reason for having it on wii, im not ok with the attacks.

no online is needed for kh. enough said there.

graphics are as good as devs make them. i personally like good graphics (what?!?! graphics improving a game?) so a more powerful system is better. art style can as far as a team wants to invest in it. and no, just because a game looks good shouldnt mean i shouldnt ask for better. im paying for a game, i want quality all around. saying that certain games, look good enough isnt an excuse.

the demographic of kh is rpg fans who loved disney from their childhood, not children. its a game to bring back disney memories, not make them.

ur reasons:

1) it would be stupid to go away from where a good chunk of the base is, playstation. the wii might have the amount of systems, but has no proof of whether se could get more sales than from ps3. ps3 will gauntee them a lot of sales, period.

2)who says the wii has the technical ablities to make an arpg, like kh, control scheme work? i havent seen any proof. and if u say no more hero's thats a lie because they have different styles

dont attack, give reasons. and if u cant, dont lie.

As I said, the Art Style is more important than the Graphics, but you're acting as if there's no room for advancement on the Wii. Wii is plenty more capable than the PS2 is, so the idea that there won't be any way to see improvement is just ridiculous. Advancing the graphics beyond a certain point would become almost jarring after the first 2 games. Keeping a consistent art style is also important, especially when you're talking about Disney characters. The graphical capabilities of the PS3 would become greatly redundant.

As for Demographics, it's implausible to assume RPG as the main market and Disney as some subclass within that group. It sure as heck isn't what interested me about the game. Disney was as much a draw of the series as Final Fantasy was, and probably moreso. Yes, it's a game to bring back Disney memories, but are you really trying to make the claim that they're only trying to bring that memory back for Hardcore rpg fans? NO. To the average Kingdom Hearts fan, it is the story and characters that are the main point to the series, and the gameplay is what supports it. The Disney characters are NOT what supports the gameplay.

In this aspect, the people who will see this game and be interested in it are going to be fans of the series to start, and fans of Disney. Many of those Disney fans are in the much older 26-60 range that are such a huge part of the Wii install base, as well as younger children with parents who grew up on Disney and would be perfectly happy to introduce their children to some of the same memories.

1) As you said, it would be stupid to go away from where a good chunk of the base is. A good chunk of the base is casual gamers. A good chunk of PS2 gamers aren't the hardcore that picked the thing up at $399 but only picked it up after it dropped down under $200 and many more still didn't go until it dropped down to its current $129. To say that these same people will immediately jump ship to PS3 is iffy at best.

2) I can list any game I want to list in terms of motion controls because as I said, it's a lack of scope and imagination on the part of whoever is claiming it can't be done. Why do I not come up with examples? That's simply a matter that there is no way of claiming to know what the basic control scheme would NEED to be for KH3. For all you know, maybe they feel like making it a little more actiony than RPGish this time around. I don't know what changes have been made from KH1 to KH2 so i'm not assuming to know what will happen in KH3.

Why on earth would you need 1 to 1 motion when your swinging a keyblade around? you could put together a perfectly feasible system with nothing more than tilt, twist, and motion horizontal and motion vertical. and possibly a thrust. Magic can be done with the nunchuck hand, or for those dual weilding keyblade moments, you can have that mirror the wiimote motion controls. you've still got A, B, D pad on one side and C, Z, and joystick on the other, as well as the pointer for onscreen interaction. There is plenty of room to play around and find a good control scheme.

Just look at Twilight Princess. It was merely a port of a gamecube game, but the Wiimote controls worked fine for that. Sora doesn't even typically use different Weapons, so you could replace Link's numerous Items with sora's spells, you could even put his various swords to quickslots on the 1 and 2 buttons to let you switch between your favorite keyblades more quickly. blocking could be done by holding the Wiimote pointing down... the list of ways in which features could be implemented and in what ways goes on infinitely.

so as you can see, I wasn't attacking, I had just taken for granted that these points were obvious enough that I wouldn't need to show my reasoning. 

Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

Sorry, but I look at how hectic and intense the battles are in Kingdom Hearts and think that to replicate that on the Wii mote would absolutely kill your arms. Sora does like 10 slashes in 5 seconds, how can you replicate that on the wii mote? Make a left right left slash and actually do 8 - 10 slashes on the screen?

Part of Kingdom Hearts greatness was the depth and beauty of its worlds. (although the depth and exploration was more prominent in KH1) So I salivate at the possibilities that could be created on a PS3. I also want a big long epic quest, jam packed with as much content as possible, allowing huge worlds, sidequests etc etc. Blu-Ray disc space has room for all of this.

That brings up another point, people need to keep in mind that just because PS3 has the space for all these epic universes doesn't mean that developers Wallets have that much space.

darconi said:
I don't see why so many people are talking about graphics on a game like KH. Have you guys even SEEN the damn game?! Its a highly artistic style based game focusing on CARTOON graphics!

How is it that everyone can keep saying the wii is for casual, cartoony games while PS3/360 is for big epic realistic style games and yet claim KH would be better on the PS3 instead?

Disney characters are not going to look good in 20 shades of brown and grey!

to me, it's not simply about graphic realism, it has to do with the all-around visual presentation. But most importantly, depth and detail to the world. I would hope they would make the worlds larger with more to do, possibly having entire sections of worlds that are simply for exploration and sidequests. (something KH2 lacked compared to KH1)

a pipedream? maybe, but that's just how I feel